Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews spacious cottage kilimanjaro airport the cottages long flight lush gardens large bathroom two nights nice pool francis fireplace lodge africa safari mt veranda outskirts
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2020

Kigongoni Lodge is located a short distance from my AirBnB that was experiencing internet challenges, so the staff welcomed me there to use their connectivity while I also enjoyed tea in the garden.

I noticed the pool needed cleaning and even though there were other guests around, the place felt desolate and lonely.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 25 February 2020

We stayed at the Kigongoni Lodge during our safari and really enjoyed its quiet, lovely vistas. The cabins are spacious and located throughout a hilled rainforest with attractive valley views. The staff were very helpful and the meals were delicious. Many locals come to the lodge to get away from the bustle of Arusha. The lodge also is about halfway to the Mt. Kilamanjaro airport which saves some transit time.

Room tip: Get a room close to the main lodge
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 2 January 2020 via mobile

We were looking for a few days relaxing after a hectic week of safari and hiking and booked Kigongoni - this place didn’t disappoint.

The lodges themselves are beautiful - in a rustic style but with huge bathrooms, baths, an awesome shower and a great big bed that had a view across the jungle garden into the valley.

The common areas are great, a nice pool (cold, but refreshing!) with bar service. The restaurant and bar are spacious and great areas to relax in. The restaurant is great too, a limited menu and whilst service isn’t 5* the servers are friendly and willing.

This is a great place to relax, unwind and do nothing - the location is not easy to reach and whilst that may seem like a negative it actually forces you to do nothing.

The one thing we did find strange was that this place was DEAD - it may just be the time of year but there are 19 apartments and only 2 or 3 tables full at dinner every evening which led to a subdued atmosphere. It should be packed, it’s a great place to stay.

Will recommend

PS. We stayed over New Years and the staff made a real effort to make it into a celebration - it definitely won’t be forgotten in a hurry.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2019 via mobile

I have been to many hotels in Tanzania however Kigongoni is one of the finest I have been. I was with my friend and without booking the hotel and it was one week to be opened, we were welcomed warmly by Miss Miriam. We were treated with hospitality and we enjoyed our first evening. The cottages are so beautiful and with standard with their fireplace at the rooms was unique and fantastically make the cool nights of Arusha warm. The architecture look of British private houses with exquisite European type furnitures is something to enjoy and to make the living comfy, also the whole forest environment was amazing from the view of the Arusha flower shop to the lighting look of the walking path is something to remember always. Also we had the best moments with the manager Francis who was friendly and unlimitedly kind and charming. Our little tour to lake Dulutti with him was nice and also the all times we had with him at the Hotel was amazing. I recommend Kigongoni a place to enjoy and suitable for the family resting after a long year.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2019

My husband and I stayed at Kigongoni Lodge for two nights after arriving in Tanzania prior to going on safari. The lodge was the perfect place to start our trip and to recover from traveling. The individual "huts" are clean and well furnished, the grounds are beautiful, the staff is extremely welcoming and attentive, the food is wonderful and the african ambiance of the dining areas creates a great vibe for guests to enjoy. In particular, Francis went above and beyond the call of duty in helping us explore Arusha Town. We can't say enough about the positive experience we had a Kigongoni Lodge and hope to return again someday. In the meantime, we highly recommend Kigongoni to others looking for a charming place to stay near Arusha!

Date of stay: October 2019