1,895 results
All reviews all day breakfast pool residence ficus restaurant our honeymoon sparkling wine spa suite pathways spa waterfall dinner cold towels garden room a la carte breakfast similan islands seafood bbq bbq on the beach watermelon private dinner plunge pool
Reviewed 5 September 2010

My wife and I spent 6 nights at The Sarojin in late August and found the entire experience 'outstanding in all aspects' The owners and staff of The Sarojin should be very proud of the amazing place that it is. From the well appointed rooms (including the lavish range of toiletries, the hand made woven Pandanus leaves on our pillows after the turn down service) right through to the fabulous gastronomic delights that graced our plates at every meal, we were not left wanting (or expecting) anything more.

The staff are so friendly and attentive and wait on your every need. We enjoyed a chat with Andrew Kemp at the weekly cocktail get together, as well as daily conversations with Leisa (GM of the hotel) who made us like we were superstars!

We cannot fault anything at all - the weather even turned on a terrific stay for us with blue skies and sunshine all day. This allowed us to enjoy a lounge around the main pool, where we were served iced water all day long. My wife enjoyed a treatment at the Spa and came back floating on cloud 9!

We went into Khao Lak a few times on the free shuttle, not much happening there given the low season. Notwithstanding, it is worth checking out as there are some interesting little gift shops that had many different items for sale. Plenty of shops to get a good deal in. 2 - 3 hours should be tops, inclusive of a few drinks at one of the many local bars / restaurants.

The food at The Sarojin was exceptional, especially the Thai menu in The Edge restaurant. Yes, the prices are on par with what we would expect to pay in a decent restaurant in Australia however the food that we ate was fantastic and well worth it for the quality of taste and presentation.

Congratulations to The Sarojin on working so hard to provide an outstanding place to spend a romantic and relaxing break.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Our stay at the Sarojin was one that we will never forget. The hotel was absolutely beautiful and our room (with our own private pool!) beyond incredible. The room was immaculate and well worth the money. The attention to detail was just so impressive. There were fresh flowers on the pillows every night, a nightly turn down service and the staff even asked us what kind of pillows we would like to sleep on during our stay!
I would have to agree with other reviews that there is absolutely no night life near the Sarojin or within the hotel. Of course we did go off peak which definitely would have contributed to the lack of guests and night life in the area. Only stay at this hotel if all your looking at doing is relaxing. We were unaware just how far Khao Lak is out of Phuket (an approximate 2 and a half hour drive to Patong beach) but this was fault of our travel agent for not tell us, not the hotel.
The staff are absolutely incredible. They are the most kindest, willing to help people I have ever encountered. They were such a delight and always looking at assisting our every need.
We were very disappointed that there were no signs on the beach or information in the rooms about the fact that your not suppose to swim in the sea during the rainy season. We went swimming off the beach and I got stung by a jelly fish. I then needed to go to the local clinic where I required injections and medication and I couldn't get wet or drink alcohol for the rest of the trip. We were disappointed that non of the staff mentioned that your not supposed to go in the water, they even waved at us from the beach whilst we swam. After I got stung they told me that you shouldn't be swimming in the sea in the off peak seasons, and then proceeded to pull everyone out of the water because another man got stung after me.
Fortunately, after that unpleasant experience, we did a private dining on the beach which was just superb. The staff were just so wonderful. They even dug little holes in the sand and filled them with candles! Was such an incredible night!
Overall a fantastic hotel, but not being told about the jelly fish in the water really put a damper on the trip.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We've just spent six nights at the Sarojin and despite terrible weather it is difficult to imagine a more relaxing stay. The big plus here is the staff, and the beautiful design of the resort. The two restaurants are excellent, although by no means cheap. We got a great low season room deal but beware, the food and drink add up, and it is a bit of a hike to anything open in the wet season. But this aside I cannot recommend this place highly enough. We also stayed at Ayara Hilltops and Mom Tri's Villa Royale, but Sarojin was my favourite. Serene is the word I would use, one of the loveliest pools you will ever see.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Been a bit slack on reviews.... we stayed here twice, once in Nov 2007 and once in Nov 2008. A quite incredible place. Amazing service...the staff are amazing. The second time we stayed, they remembered us and gave us an unbelievable upgrade. Met the owners who were delighthful people and an indication as to why the place is so good with such an eye for detail. Expensive for food etc, yes but there are several very good cheap and cheerful places yards away on the beach where you can get tiger prawns the size of lobsters for bargain prices and a free shuttle to Khao Lak presents many more options and great restaurants. For a great night with live music, get down to the Happy Snapper in Khao Lak ... not to be missed !

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JezL
Reviewed 13 August 2010

My husband arranged for us to stay at the Sarojin for the first week of our honeymoon in April/May and wow, it completely blew me away, it is THE perfect honeymoon location - so romantic and peaceful. I cannot fault the Sarojin in anyway it is exquisitie in every way. The accomadation is beautiful, we stayed in one of the Sarojin Suites, very tastefully decorated, private, just perfect and luxurious. The location is awesome, just breathtakingly beautiful, the grounds of the Sarojin are gorgeous (especially the swimming pool) and the beach is stunning. The staff are helpful, friendly and attentive, the food is wonderful, without a doubt the best I have ever eaten, especially breakfast, I just loved breakfast at the Sarojin, Scrambled Eggs like I have never eaten in my life! We had some amazing experiences at the Sarojin not least the candlelit dinner by the waterfall, which was beyond romantic, I nearly cried it was so beautiful. An absolutely amazing place, I cannot recommend it highly enough, the perfect honeymoon destination.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple