“Great Place, Too Bad I Don't Golf”

Springfield Village Golf & Spa
Ranked #16 of 62 Hotels in Cha-am
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We were at a conference at SF Village. It's a bit off the beaten trail, but well laid out. It took hours to be checked in, but our group was large and we might have overwhelmed them. When I got to my room there was a pile of garbage near the door. I was expecting the worst. However, the room was beautiful and very comfortable. The food at the Bird of Paradise was tasty and all the staff from desk staff to grounds keepers were extremely polite and helpful. I saw several guests who had come to play golf and they raved on the grounds (designed by Jack Nicklaus). I truly like the layout of the rooms around pool. I'd love to go back and bring some golfers and my grand-kids.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 May 2017

The room was very nice along with the pool and the surroundings of the venue. Very nice staff and good views from the rooms as well. The only problem (and it is a big one) is that most of the rooms from the 1st floor to the 4th floor are near the pool full of noisy, screaming children.

Maybe it was just the 2 days we stayed and hopefully this is not a usual thing - but there was a large family staying with a lot of kids and they were loud and annoying all day long. The place is serene and beautiful except for the annoying kids constantly screaming in the pool.

Room Tip: stay far away from the pool - the kids never shut up
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kevinjapan13
SpringfieldGroup, Manager at Springfield Village Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

To: kevinjapan13
Thank you for your kind positive words about our hotel. We are, however, saddened to hear that the children nearby your room were noisy and disturbing. Your understanding remarks about such incident not being a “usual thing” is correct but we do not wish to make any excuses for what did happen to you. Instead, may we humbly ask that if and when you make your next booking with Springfield, please make a specific request for “privacy, peace and quiet” and/or inform our staff immediately when you are inconvenienced by other guests. We will at once do our best to attend to your needs.
With Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Arrived to the reception and greeted by smiley staff who speaks very good english and very accommodating
The place is very nice, our room has beautiful view and ovelooking swimming pool. This place also good for family holiday but the screaming kids from the pool was the concerned but the swimming pool closed at 7pm which was a relief, but again at the evening We tried to sleep early as we had 7am tee off, the family next door was very noisy( kids were shouting, even the mother was shouting to her kids and they keep dropping something on the floor) as a lighter sleeper it was very annoying and it took atleast 2 hours to listened thier noises and thanks heaven to Chang beer I had a goodnight sleep
We had room service and the food was good

Overall, I loved the place and the golf course and of course will definitely going back again, and this time will request a room with no kids next door

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank waLkerLyn

To: waLkerLyn
Thank you kindly for your generous 4/5 rating and for your kind words about our hotel, golf course and our staff. We look forward to having you back with us and assure you that we will do our very best to prevent the noise problem you encountered on your last visit from happening again. May we humbly ask that you specify your room to be “peaceful and quiet” when you make your next booking, or request with our Reception for a room change should you be inconvenienced in any way.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Hotel needs some renovation. Some of equipment is old and not in order. Very noisy air conditioning in the room.
Only one restaurant was open with the same dishes for whole week stay.
Nice golf course but there was air pollution due to some agriculture burning around the course. Do not recommend going there in Feb.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marek F
SpringfieldGroup, Manager at Springfield Village Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear Marek,
We received your review in TripAdvisor with much interest and many thanks. You will be pleased to know that we are in agreement with you on the condition of Building 2, as such on-going renovation is under way and will cover all the rooms in this building. Also, the noisy air-conditioning has already been corrected. During the low season we usually close down one restaurant outlet but will consider your comments in our future planning.
Thank you for your compliments about the golf course. It is true that from time to time there are some bushfire or agriculture burning outside our golf course, the latter in the farmer’s own land, but this rarely happens and is not a seasonal occurrence. Yet, the overall air quality, e.g. PM2.5, has never been a problem at Springfield. We regret that it happened when you were staying with us.
We look forward to having you with us again before long and we are confident that you will notice the difference after our renovation has been completed.
With kind regards.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

I had occasion to fall seriously ill while on the golf course my second day there. The Assistant manager came onto the course and stayed with me for one hole to check on me. Later, after the round I felt that I needed to be taken to hospital and the same manager arranged for the hotel's van and driver to take me to the Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin where I was admitted for a four day stay in ICU and one day in ward for a bleeding duodenal ulcer that had perforated on the golf course. The driver stayed for two hours at the hotel and accompanied my wife back to Springfield and returned until I returned to continue my vacation. The management really cares for its guests.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor units as there are pigeons who like to use the balconies
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family