Nak Nakara(Chiang Rai)
US$26
US$25
US$33
Agoda.com
Na Rak O Resort(Chiang Rai)(Great Value!)
US$23
Lanjia Lodge(Chiang Rai)
US$179
US$161
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbus stationnight bazaarthird floorwould stay here againhot showerratesrenovation
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

There's so much to say...

The only good point of this place is its location near the night bazar.

We booked here 5 nights, at the check-in we have been asked to pay all the nights, why not?
Once we've paid, we asked for the invoice, we are still waiting (we are in Bangkok now :/).
The guy took us to our bedroom and then said, we are sorry internet is not working (it was one of the reason why we came here; anyway. We're in holidays after all), but should be fixed soon.
Maybe be that was the reason why we didn't have our invoice... Maybe!

The bedroom was kind of alright besides the bathroom not finished, the size of the TV (as big as a Minitel) and the inexistant pressure in the shower...

Let's stay positive as we spent most of our time outside anyway...

2 days later internet was "back". I could log in to the WiFi but had no access. I went to the reception and ask what is going on, the guy looked at my phone and said: "oh, your phone is a Sony, that's why... No internet alright but don't fool me please... I nicely said and what about my partner ipad or my Asus laptop.... No answer...."

To conclude this trip there you have to take your shoes off before to use the stairs to go to your bedroom. Why not?! My miss's shoes disappeared...

If you still want to go to that place you should to to the nearest temple and pray before ;)

Enjoy you holidays guys...

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gregory N
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

This is a nice inexpensive place to stay, not fancy, simple, good crash pad after a long day of touring, plus it's steps away from night bizarre with many food and shopping opportunities. Don't expect the staff to go above and beyond, even the check in process can seem like you're an inconvenience, but it adds to the charm I guess. Rooms are small, and quit dark. Small bathrooms, but great hot water....most of the time. Good central location makes up its flaws. I never had breakfast there, I would suggest skipping it and finding it at some of the great cafes in the area.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

We booked 5 double rooms & checked in on 28/9/2016 for 1 night.
It located in a prime location.
Close to cheap foods,close to transportation,close to attractions,close to night & day market.
Walking distance to bus station,night market,day market and food court.
The room & bathroom are small but clean.
Paid only 490bath for double room.
The only negative point - no elevator.
Overall,worth it.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2016

The proximity to the bus station and the night market/bazaar made the North Hotel our first choice. There is air con & a fridge in each room. Clean sheets & towels. We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2016

Great location - a minute or two to the night market and bus station in Chiang Rai.

We paid very little to stay here in a private twin room with AC. AC was over one of the beds, so if left on over night, AC is blasting into your face. My friend did not have an issue with this, but others might. The beds are hard/thin and the pillows are very lumpy - I've never seen pillows so lumpy!

There is a fridge in the room. We did not have access to the balcony from our room but did see that other guests did - appears that the queen/double rooms are larger than the twin rooms. Wifi available.

It's difficult to complain with the price paid, but it is important to note this is a budget hostel/hotel. There were bugs (found a dead cockroach next to the bed and there were many on walls) and we were a bit confused with the service - had towels changed one day, but not the next.

Stayed: June 2016