The North Hotel
US$34
US$171
US$95
Agoda.com
Golden Pine Resort(Chiang Rai)
US$37
US$21
Le Patta(Chiang Rai)
US$74
US$72
All reviewsbus stationrooms are smallnight bazaarthird floorwould stay here againhot showerratesproximityrenovation
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

This place is close to the night market it's one street behind it , we stayed in a room the size of a match box up steep stairs and was charged far to high for the quality of accommodation the staff on check in and check out where both different people but still just as rude as each other .. checked out 20 mins past check out and was charged an extra 200 bht ..
I can't and will not ever recommend anyone stay here .. value for money terrible, room size tiny, front of house bad , bed extremely uncomfortable and no room safe ..

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Good location. Close to Night Bazaar and the old bus station. It can be a little noisy at night because of its proximity to the market.
The staffs were helpful. The room is clean and has basic amenities. The bed is a little hard but not too uncomfortable to sleep in.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2016

We stayed for 4 nights that we booked in advance. We changed rooms after the 1st night because the shower drain was plugged. The 2nd room wasn't much better,...The only clean part of the hotel was their lobby and their floors. Fresh towels every day was a blessing. Great location to bus station and night market.

Room Tip: 2 and 3rd floors front.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

There's so much to say...

The only good point of this place is its location near the night bazar.

We booked here 5 nights, at the check-in we have been asked to pay all the nights, why not?
Once we've paid, we asked for the invoice, we are still waiting (we are in Bangkok now :/).
The guy took us to our bedroom and then said, we are sorry internet is not working (it was one of the reason why we came here; anyway. We're in holidays after all), but should be fixed soon.
Maybe be that was the reason why we didn't have our invoice... Maybe!

The bedroom was kind of alright besides the bathroom not finished, the size of the TV (as big as a Minitel) and the inexistant pressure in the shower...

Let's stay positive as we spent most of our time outside anyway...

2 days later internet was "back". I could log in to the WiFi but had no access. I went to the reception and ask what is going on, the guy looked at my phone and said: "oh, your phone is a Sony, that's why... No internet alright but don't fool me please... I nicely said and what about my partner ipad or my Asus laptop.... No answer...."

To conclude this trip there you have to take your shoes off before to use the stairs to go to your bedroom. Why not?! My miss's shoes disappeared...

If you still want to go to that place you should to to the nearest temple and pray before ;)

Enjoy you holidays guys...

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gregory N
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

This is a nice inexpensive place to stay, not fancy, simple, good crash pad after a long day of touring, plus it's steps away from night bizarre with many food and shopping opportunities. Don't expect the staff to go above and beyond, even the check in process can seem like you're an inconvenience, but it adds to the charm I guess. Rooms are small, and quit dark. Small bathrooms, but great hot water....most of the time. Good central location makes up its flaws. I never had breakfast there, I would suggest skipping it and finding it at some of the great cafes in the area.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends