I have been hosting student and adults to Thailand for many years and the Dusit Island Resort just a short walk out of the centre of Chiang Rai is my choice of accomodation.
This resort is a wonderful place to stay while enjoying the many attractions in this unique area of northern Thailand. There are so many things to do in the North and you simply can't get a more suitable resort.
The breakfast is superb and the locally made Thai coffee is outstanding. When I travel with my groups we always try to stay in for dinner because the buffet selection is not only amazing but also many organic options are available. The hotel is a leader in organic sustainable foods and fruits.
To wake up to the views along the Kok River is a joy. I also won't to make special mention of the staff at this hotel. There is something very special about the sincerity of all who work at the Dusit and you really feel so genuinely welcome. Don't miss the opportunity to stay here and re think your time maybe add on a few extra days, you will fall in love with not only this resort but the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Island Resort Chiang Rai is Situated on an Island in the Mae Kok River that flows through central Chiang Rai, Thailand's northernmost province. Located next to Chiang Rai Town and less than 45 minutes from the Golden Triangle where the borders of Thailand, Burma and Laos meet, Dusit Island Resort provides a gateway to explore the varied sights and sounds of the northern region. With easy access to the mountains, forests, rivers, ancient temples and colourful hilltribes, many of the region's major attractions are within a day's journey from the resort.The hotel's decor and furnishings also reflect the diversity of norhtern Thai styles. For special functions, guests can enjoy traditional dining on the floor while leaning against multi-coloured triangular cushions. The Mae Kok River provides a spectacular natural backdrop visible from all the guest rooms, as well from the rooftop restaurant, The Peak. Primarily a resort hotel, the Dusit Island Resort is also fully equipped to host business meetings, seminars and a variety of social functions.Whether travelling on business or for pleasure, no trip to northern Thailand would be complete without a stay at Dusit Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dusit Island Resort Chiang Rai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Island Resort, Chiang Rai Hotel Wiang
- Dusit Island Hotel Chiang Rai
- Dusit Chiang Rai
- Chiang Rai Dusit