US$79
    Le Patta(Chiang Rai)
    US$73
    US$59
    Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

US$27
    US$23
    Priceline
    Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$26/night.

Ben Guesthouse(Chiang Rai)
    US$14
    US$12
    US$34
    US$29
    Priceline
    All reviewsindividual cottagesroom was comfortable and cleannight marketbeautiful groundsthrough agodabuffet breakfastmini barquiet areaswimming poolstayed for nightsvery nice hoteltourbungalowtubclusteredpondrai
    Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We spent a couple of night in this hotel and it was not very good... The room was very old, the sanitary was leaking each time that you flush...and the WiFi didn't work properly.
    It was far from the night market and it was more expensive to take the shuttle bus from the hotel to the town centre (80 B per person, as we were two it was 160 B) than take a tuc tuc (we paid 150 B) when we return...

The only thing that was ok was the food.

Thanks

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 12 April 2018

I would endorse some of the comments made by earlier contributors as regards the appearance of this resort. My experience was the room fell short of expectations and I requested a change that management duly accommodated without question.
    That said, the place afforded most of the amenities one would expect of a resort.

Room Tip: The resort would not be my first choice
    • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
    Reviewed 30 March 2018

We were dropped off here by our tour company, and it looks like everyone else in the place had had the same problem. The terms "resort" and "spa" are a joke when applied to this place. As others have said, it's very drab and run down. The rooms are tiny and junky. Don't believe the photo they show of a spacious looking room--it's taken with a trick camera. The pool is small and without a view. The spa is just a massage room. At least it was out of town and quiet except for the noise of new groups finding their rooms.

Room Tip: Stay away from the main building. The individual cabins looked like they might be better.
    • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

All the large hotels of Chiang Rai were fully booked on our weekend dates and we found this one with rooms still available.
    When we drove up to it we realized why there were vacancies! The buildings are old and rotting in some parts - some parts were leani ng, ready to break. The photos from the website must have been from many years ago.

I have just read several reviews that give this place a good rating and I'm shocked! I can only imagine that maybe they arrived at night and left early the next morning so they could not really see the condition of this place.
    The 2 nights we spent there we saw many coaches arriving in the evening with tourists and leaving early the next morning. This is probably what keeps the place from closing down.

This would have been a nice resort maybe 20 years ago but its glory days are well gone.

Our bungalow had recently new painted walls & ceiling but the rest was in a poor state.
    The room was dark, even with the lights on.
    The net curtains were fixed to the window frames so couldn't be opened.
    The wardrobe stank of humidity so we could not use it.
    The kettle lid would not close so it would not turn off automatically - DANGEROUS!
    The electrics both in the room and around the resort were unsafe.
    The bath was dangerous; too high and the bottom moved when I got into it.
    The furniture was more old than "traditional".
    There were no drinking glasses, only cups.
    The room door was warped and had difficulty locking it.
    The lake in front of our bungalow was totally dry!

I tried on 2 occassions going to the gym but the smell of bad body odour (probably coming from the old & torn carpet) was horrendous! So could not spend more than 30 seconds in there.
    The pool was old and in lack of maintenance.
    The deck chairs mattresses must have been as old as the resort; they were filthy, torn & moldy! I can't imagine somebody using them!

Walking around the resort we found one part of it that has really fallen into real ruins!
    We also saw where the extra mattresses are kept - under lean-toos where they collect the dust and humidity! TOTALLY UNHYGIENIC!

We tried the spa and this is NOT a spa.
    The first time we went in there the receptionist was hard at sleep and couldn't be woken by the usual hello. We came back 30 mins later and she was just awake. We were told to go and shower in our room and return at an agreed time. The spa doesn't have its own staff so they call in outside masseurs for them; probably from the street massage about 500m down the road from the resort. But we paid real spa prices!
    I asked for an aroma massage but was given something other than that! Firstly I had drop to my underpants in front of both masseurs and was told they don't have the usual underwear to give me so it was done with my underpants on. The oil had no aroma at all and had the feel of new engine oil. I was asked to put my (clean) head on a dirty & very old cushion which I refused to use.
    The spa building is also in a poor state and needs a total overhaul, as does the resort.

The breakfasts had a reasonable choice of variety but the quality could definitely be improved. We went to breakfast after the buses had left each day.

There's a "pub" that has very little similarity to a bar. It's old and decrepit. It put us off having a drink there.

The staff were fairly indifferent to us; not bad but also not good.

The only good point I can mention was the strength of the wifi connection.

As soon there was availability in the Dusit Island Hotel we checked in there and continued (and enjoyed) the rest of our stay in Chiang Rai.

All in all it was a very bad stay.
    I would NOT recommend this to any other than maybe a backpacker - but this not on a backpackers budget!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

We arrived late at night from our boat cruise up the Mekong, tired. We were told we had been upgraded. Lovely we thought. Upon arriving at the ground floor of the bungalow room as we opened the door we were overcome by the smell of damp and mound!

There was no way we could sleep in this room. Reception advised that they would send some room deodorizer as they were aware of a smell??? We said no we wanted another room.

They showed us the room next door (still bottom floor) again the same thing. They showed us the upstairs rooms and these were fine.

The resort isn’t a resort? Or maybe once was. The restaurant was like a highway restaurant stop. With bus loads of tourist arriving for breakfast. We didn’t even go looking for the pool.

The WiFi is terrible. The staff well meaning though. They try. They were helpful booking us a taxi.

It was a taxi/tuk tuk ride to town. I’d look for something in Chang Rai town next time.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family