Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Good location located at the central of the town and the room is room.Sadly the tV still the box type.
Taxi from the airport Bath 100-300 to the hotel.
Front office staff very accomodating and help full even with lots of people checking in.
The hotel is very high and you can see the town from your room.
They have big function room for the company would like to organized their annual dinner
Lastly when check out the respond from the housekeeping very fast took me less than 10 minute

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Stayed a night there on 14-Nov-12, it looks old, not clean & worst service. The room that i checked in had air-cond problem & room felt hitting, i complaint to reception & wait for about 1 hour, no engineer is coming, follow up chase call for 3nd times only saw the maintenance people slowly came to fix without apologize to us for the late!! I really dissapoited on it and request to change room, reception did able to spot another room for me. Before hand, they told will call me again once they check with cleaning dept if the room is ready, however, wait for about half hour, no one call back again till i call to follow up with them !! REALLY BAD SERVICE !! This was my blacklisted hotel & void it for future visit....

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mwlew
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Stayed here 3 nights last month. We have stayed in this hotel on a few occasions in the past and have learned that it is best to stay during non Malaysia / Singapore holidays or weekends unless you like being swept from one elevator to another. The reason is because the reception (and the breakfast place) is on the 10th floor and is serviced by 3 elevators from the ground. To get to the rooms, you have to switch to other elevators.

The room is quite large and the 'king' size bed is made up of 2 single beds pushed together. The room we had this time came WITHOUT the carpet which is a whole lot better. The wooden flooring, could be laminated, but we are very happy not having to step on sticky carpets. The room has a mini fridge but no kettle and no in-room safe. They do give you 2 bottles of drinking water everyday. Shower is by standing in the full length bath tub and the water is powerful enough though. The WiFi is free and the signal strength is much dependent on how far your room is away from the router/booster. If it is important, request from the reception when you check in that you need room with good internet connections. We were issued with 2 electronic card keys without having to ask.

Their buffet breakfast, is free as it is part of the room package, is no frills buffet and meant to serve the mass and there are plenty fried rice, noodles, fried eggs, french toast and others. The coffee is thick, just how I like mine, and they also serve hot chocolate. As July is the season for fruits (I think) and there were plenty of pineapples, watermelon, longan, and on one morning, mangoes. They don't serve pork. There's a gym and the swimming pool is on the 12th floor.

One of its draw is its central location but then almost anywhere else is just a tuk-tuk away. So, if you are looking for 4 or 5 star hotel, don't come here but go across the road to Centara (formerly Novotel).

Since the bombing in April, security has been tightened with metal detector screening and security guard checking bags and luggages, apart from the heavy presence of security personnel at every junctions.

Room tip: Ask for room with WiFi if you want the free internet during check in.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank EKYSeremban_Malaysia
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Unless you're seeking a high end hotel you're likely to pick Lee Gardens Plaza hotel (LGPH). Not to be confused with 'Lee Gardens hotel' which I presume to be its sister hotel about 5 minutes away. Like its name, the hotel is integrated with familiar retail convenience such as MacDonalds and Watson pharmacy. Location triumphs in the natural selection order and LGPH is right at the top in this category, being the tallest & largest landmark. First time visitors shall notice airport level of security on the grounds and fancy card access corridors. Streets come alive within the perimeter of the hotel each night and if you fancy a street meal at 5 am you can be sure that you're in a safe zone. Rooms are basic but super large and spacious. Hot water, fridge and TV always work. Window views offer the sight of entire cityscape. Breakfast is great and guests dine in a super large convention type hall with almost 180d view of the city. LGPH is looking a little jaded and some renovations is needed to freshen up this popular hotel. But its still my choice Hatyai hotel because of the festive atmosphere and the easy reach to most conveniences.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Khairil
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This is a continuation from my Penang trip as we travelled up north to Hatyai. I opted to stay alone and was given a corner room. The Chinese believe that corner rooms or rooms facing an exit or staircase are the most haunted. Call me superstitious but I would rather not offend them. Being assigned a corner room and staying alone for the next 3 nights, I did what I needed to do and sure enough, I had no issues during my 3-night stay.

Due to the recent bombing in the basement, there are armed security personnel outside the hotel and entry to the hotel requires walking through a metal detector and having your personal belongings checked. Although inconvenient, I appreciate these arrangements as they do act as a deterrence against further terrorism attacks.

Another inconvenience though, was the fact that you have to take a lift to the 10th floor to reach the hotel frontdesk. That was where we checked in and we then transferred by another set of lifts to the hotel rooms.

My room was on the 16th floor right at the end. It seemed to be more spacious compared to other rooms. The bellboy unabashedly asked me if I needed a "lady" or wanted to watch "Thai girl shows". I declined politely, tipped him for sending my luggage up and sent him on his way. My main grouse was there were some spikes jutting out from the edge where the tiles and carpet meet. I couldn't see very clearly as the room was rather dim so I resorted to jumping over that area if I have to cross it.

The "double" bed was actually formed by joining two single beds and then draped over by king size bedsheets. As I was sleeping alone, I had no issues and could sleep quite comfortably. The housekeeping could not speak much English. I forgot to bring my travel adapter and requested to loan one but they did not have any for loan and asked me to purchase one at the 7-11 nearby.

Two bottles of drinking water were provided daily but there was no toilet paper despite having a dispenser there. Read from other reviews that this was the norm. Shampoo was provided but no shower foam. I guess we were expected to use the hand soap (bar type) provided.

Breakfast was reasonably fine but had the almost the same spread for the 3 days I had it. For dinner, there was a promotion for buffet at the top of Lee Gardens at only 99 baht per pax! The food was quite good for a < S$5 buffet. You won't find this anywhere. Other than that, try to eat out as there are plenty of street food in Hatyai.

Wifi access was down for on some occasion during my stay and my calls to the housekeeping who promised to escalate the issue were of no use. I had to walk to the frontdesk to complain before someone picks up the phone to get the IT department to look into it. The Wifi access points were just cheap TPLink end user routers mounted on the ceiling outside my room.

In conclusion, this hotel has one of the best locations but the rooms are tired looking. If you only want a place to dump your luggage and to sleep at night, then this hotel is probably good.

Room tip: The view from this hotel is pretty good. Make sure that you get a higher floor if possible. Ask for Wifi access so that they will allocate you a room closer to the access points.
Date of stay: June 2012