All reviewsprivate poolbedroom villagolf buggyplaying golfa bit tirednice villafree shuttle servicekids poolhot waterstayed here for a weekegg stationmarket villagenight marketpoolsprivacycaddieshua
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Last Christmas and New Year we had an enjoyable family stay at the Banyan Resort in a 2 bedroom villa. I am a wheelchair user and the villas all have five steps up to the front and rear decks. My husband and I were staying long term in an apartment in Hua Hin so we were able to visit the resort before our stay to request assistance for access. Reception assured us that ramps would be put in place before we arrived. However when we checked in there were no ramps. The manager was required to intervene and ramps were constructed as I waited. After that the villa was completely step free inside and provided a very suitable space for us two in one bedroom, with our daughter, son-in-law and 2 year old grandson in the other. Christmas lunch was at the Banyan Golf Club in the hills with complimentary transport. We needed to use our own transport as the Banyan bus was not accessible. The lunch was very well presented with a range of cuisines. The resort had a New Year’s Eve event on the lawn outside our villa. When we returned from another event elsewhere we could overlook this. I would not recommend this event to anyone. It limped on as everyone left. Maybe better next year? Breakfasts had a very varied selection which we ate on the restaurant terrace every morning. We had a a couple of orders to the room in the evening from the restaurant but I could not get inside with my wheelchair. The Banyan is a well priced family option when Agoda have special offers available.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Thanida R, Resort Manager at Banyan The Resort, Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing such a good comment about your stay with us.
We will continue working to improve our services and would have pleasure in welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful resort! Beautiful 2 bedrooms luxury villa with a pool access. Free wi-fi. Friendly staff. Quiet and peaceful environment. A little far from hua hin town! However, the arrangements could be better during the breakfast!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear guest,

We appreciate your kind comments on our accommodation and services. We assure you that we will continue working to improve your next experience with us.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

This is a resort of units arranged around swimming pools and gardens. Ours was a 2 bedroom villa, with very spacious living, sleeping and bathing quarters. The air-con and high ceilings gave the whole place a cool airy feel. The resort includes a restaurant, cafe and bar. And there is golf. Reception staff are very keen to provide guidance on things to see and do in and around the city, and arrange for taxis and tours. A courtesy minibus runs scheduled trips to and from Hua Hin. Highly recommended for a quiet relaxing break, with the vitality of Hua Hin a short bus or taxi ride away.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking your valuable time to share your feedback here and hope we may welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

My son organized a golf trip to Thailand to celebrate my 70th birthday. We had a wonderful time UNTIL WE ARRIVED AT BANYAN THE RESORT IN HUA HIN. We arrived on Monday 18 the September 2017 and stayed for three nights. My son had pre-booked and paid for a twin room.
After checking in we were taken by buggy to our villa. We discovered that the room that was available was a double room. My son contacted the reception to discuss the situation. No one seemed concerned at the fact that a twin room had been booked but a double room had been allocated. The attitude was very much take it or leave it. We were told no manager was available. The double room was spacious, well furnished and had a large well appointed bathroom. Eventually we were offered a twin bedded room in the same villa. It was small, had very little wardrobe accommodation, a tiny bathroom and no safe. My son again expressed his disappointment. The reception staff were very unhelpful. We were then offered the double room and the twin bedded room at an additional cost of approx £62.50 per night. After much negotiation this sum was reduced to approx £50 per night which we were told we had to pay immediately. We did so saying that we would still like to discuss the situation with a manager. On check in we were given a wifi code which we discovered was the wrong code. On going to reception we were given another code. This also proved to be the wrong code. We did not get wifi until the Tuesday evening when a young man came to our villa and advised and rectified the problem by providing a third code. Again, no apologies were offered.
On Tuesday morning we asked for a buggy to take us to reception as we were booked on the 8.20am shuttle bus to Banyan Golf Club. On the way to reception we were advised by the buggy driver that we were going to have to change rooms as the water to our room was being cut off. When we got to reception we we requested information about the situation. All the receptionist could tell us was that we had to change rooms. Again the situation was handled very badly - no explanation and no apology. We asked if the staff could move our belongings from our original villa to our new one. We were told "NO." We explained that we were going to be out all day playing golf at Banyan Golf Club. We were told that they could not help. When we returned to Banyan The Resort in the late afternoon we had to pack up our cases and move before we could have a much needed shower.
On Wednesday we again went to the Banyan Golf Club to play. On returning to Banyan The Resort late in the afternoon we showered and changed and set out, just after 6.00pm by buggy to the Resort's restaurant and bar. On arriving at the restaurant and bar, which was supposed to be open until 8.00pm we found the building in darkness. On contacting reception we were told that they had closed early at 3.00pm that day. They were not prepared to offer an explanation.
On Thursday before checking out I again asked to speak to a manager. I was told that no-one was available. After insisting that wished to speak to a manager I was told that she was in a meeting but would be available in 30 minutes. I returned to the reception area 30 minutes later and met with Kannika Kesorn, Assistant Front Office Manager. I explained the problems we had experienced, how they had been dealt with, and asked if she could comment. I also asked if she could refund all or part of the additional £150 we had to pay on arrival. Again, I was met with total indifference. I was told we had agreed to pay the £150 so there would be no refund. There was also no apology forthcoming from Ms Kesorn for any of the problems we experienced or the inconvenience we suffered during our stay. As I rose to leave the meeting I told Ms Kesorn that I would be writing a report on tripadvisor. I was told "we will respond."
Throughout my life I have travelled extensively for business and for pleasure. I have never experienced attitudes, in any hotels anywhere in the World, like those exhibited by the reception staff at Banyan The Resort. Needless to say I will never return to Banyan The Resort. I always say problems will always occur. It is how they are dealt with which proves how good an organisation is and how well trained its staff is.
I will however return to Hua Hin and the Banyan Golf Club. It is a wonderful course and there all the staff know how to treat their guests.

Room Tip: Don't even consider staying at this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Firstly, we would like to say thank you very much for your review and we are really do apologies for all of inconvenient during your stayed with us.
I will share with our team your comments about their service attitude towards the costumers which is one of our principles.
Thank you again for sharing your observations with us as this gives us the opportunity to make improvements and thus offer all our guests better service.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Played here on the second day of our arrival in Hua Hin. Not an easy course for new golfers as the greens r v fast n course knowledge is critical for a good round of Golf.

Some caddies r pretty new n their reading of the greens need to be self checked.

Course design is good n Golf club facilities are good too. However when compared to other Golf courses, this one is probably over rated

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Sukchanya, Resort Manager at Banyan The Resort, Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for rating us. I will forward to Banyan Golf Club about your comment.

Regards,