Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a king-size room for 9 nights at the start of May. We were informed by Andy (the owner) that the price would be 850 baht a night, which was low season price. Very reasonable.

On arrival, Andy kindly helped us with our bags and showed us to our room. The room was big and spacious, with excellent air-conditioning which automatically quietened down when it reached its pre-set temperature. There was a nice big refridgerator stocked with reasonably priced snacks. Also tea and coffee making facilities were in the room.

Downstairs there was an open-air bar/restauant with a pool table. Gym facilities and a pool were also available for guests to the near of the hotel, although we did not use them. We liked the room, and found Andy and his Thai wife to be friendly and accommodating; but sadly we decided to check out after just one night.

The reason we checked out was because of the noise from passing trains coming from the main railway line approximately 100 metres in front of the hotel. Because of the noise of the trains--whose drivers don't hesitate to give their horns a blast as they approach Hua Hin--we never got any sleep during our first night. The next day, as we were checking out, Andy explained that the drivers have to honk their horns because of the number of local people who are killed on the railway lines each day in Thailand.

So if you are not a light sleeper, and are not bothered by passing trains, then this is the place for you.

Date of stay: May 2012
4  Thank maupassant66
Reviewed 28 May 2012

After reading other reviews, I expected a great deal from Donkey's Rest. I liked it, but I don't think it lived up to what I came to expect. The room was nice and clean, and having a refrigerator was handy. I enjoyed the swimming pool next door. There were some nice restaurants near by as well as Market Village, a very new shopping mall. The downside: I wouldn't say Andy was Mr. Congeniality. His wife Duong was pleasant, but Andy seemed pretty grumpy, not the kind of vibe I prefer to be around on a holiday.

1  Thank LeilaSeattle
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I have recently returned home from my holiday in thailand. I decided to go to hua hin for a weeks. I had stayed at the donkeys rest before so gave Andy (owner) a call. My bus didnt get to hua hin untill 2am in the end, i called andy and he had to get out of bed to let me in, He welcomed me and my girlfriend and even let us have a drink in his bar after our long trip. The rooms have everything you need air con, tv, very comfortable bed, unsuite shower room and belcony. The hotel also does your laundry. There is a lovely sports complex at the rear with swimming pool, bar and gym. On days we decide to go sightseeing Andy was more then happy to help with where to go and how to get there. (His directions where so good we didnt get lost once). I cant fault the place and highly recommend this hotel. Thank you Andy and Doung for everything. see you at christmas.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

was my second visit with Andy & Duong, stayed for the month of April. Still high standard of beds, bedding and cleanliness, fridge in room. Room No1 has large sundeck with chairs and large pool at property. Single woman travelling alone and always felt comfortable and safe at Donkey's Rest. Both Andy & Duong go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Don't expect the Hilton, this is small family run hotel but excellent value for money. Good bar prices, laundry and mini-market and massage/hairdressers attached to hotel. Soi 94 has excellent restaurants, S&N Indian, Terrace 90, Oy's, Japanese, Italian, several cafes & breakfast places all within a few minutes walk. Songtaew to town at bottom of Soi at main road for 10bahts or tuk tuk 100 bahts. Already planning my return.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank doraexploraScotland
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed at the Donkey's rest in January amd February 2012.Andy and his wife were the perfect
host's.As I was travelling alone their curtiousy and friendship was second to none and made my holiday a pleasure.
My room was very clean and spacious .
The hotel is very near to Market village which is a very large shopping centre with a Tesco supermarket where you can purchase all you require,there is even a Boots chemist.The beach is in easy walking distance,there are also many restaurants nearby,you can also have a meal in the hotel Andy's wife is a fantastic cook.
There is also a beauty salon on site offering many treatments the staff there are equaly as friendly.There is a large swimmimg pool as well.

There is a real family atmosphere their two daughters are lovely and chatty.

I shall be returning again in January next year .

Room tip: All the rooms are of a high standard with air con
Date of stay: January 2012