Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stayed at this place twice: first with my boyfriend, then alone. It is a great, laid-back place, friendly and safe for a woman travelling alone.

The Guesthouse is not in the very centre of Hua Hin, so you do not feel squeezed like a tuna fish between hundreds of other tourists. Although it's not in the centre, there is still almost everything you need just around the corner: A tiny supermarket and a massage salon in the same building, a swimming pool, local food stalls and also a couple of touristy restaurants, the beach is around 15 minutes away.

The rooms are nice. They are spacious, have A/C, TV with a lot of channels (Thai, British, Dutch, German, Australian and so on), fridge (food and drinks are quite the same price as in the supermarket), a kettle and quick internet access. A great deal if you think you pay 750 THB off season!

Andy and Duong are great hosts! They know how to give a warm welcome and are pleased to help you.

It's definitively a recommendable place to stay. Especially I want to point out that I felt very safe staying here alone as a woman! Many thanks to you, Andy and Duong!

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2012

It was a different experience staying at Donkey's Rest. Andy and his wife were very friendly and pleasant and their two little daughters were a constant joy. We went as a 9-member group who really enjoyed the stay. It will be a lasting memory staying in Donkey's Rest.

Room tip: Main building
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Isam8432
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a king-size room for 9 nights at the start of May. We were informed by Andy (the owner) that the price would be 850 baht a night, which was low season price. Very reasonable.

On arrival, Andy kindly helped us with our bags and showed us to our room. The room was big and spacious, with excellent air-conditioning which automatically quietened down when it reached its pre-set temperature. There was a nice big refridgerator stocked with reasonably priced snacks. Also tea and coffee making facilities were in the room.

Downstairs there was an open-air bar/restauant with a pool table. Gym facilities and a pool were also available for guests to the near of the hotel, although we did not use them. We liked the room, and found Andy and his Thai wife to be friendly and accommodating; but sadly we decided to check out after just one night.

The reason we checked out was because of the noise from passing trains coming from the main railway line approximately 100 metres in front of the hotel. Because of the noise of the trains--whose drivers don't hesitate to give their horns a blast as they approach Hua Hin--we never got any sleep during our first night. The next day, as we were checking out, Andy explained that the drivers have to honk their horns because of the number of local people who are killed on the railway lines each day in Thailand.

So if you are not a light sleeper, and are not bothered by passing trains, then this is the place for you.

Date of stay: May 2012
4  Thank maupassant66
Reviewed 28 May 2012

After reading other reviews, I expected a great deal from Donkey's Rest. I liked it, but I don't think it lived up to what I came to expect. The room was nice and clean, and having a refrigerator was handy. I enjoyed the swimming pool next door. There were some nice restaurants near by as well as Market Village, a very new shopping mall. The downside: I wouldn't say Andy was Mr. Congeniality. His wife Duong was pleasant, but Andy seemed pretty grumpy, not the kind of vibe I prefer to be around on a holiday.

Date of stay: April 2012
1  Thank LeilaSeattle
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I have recently returned home from my holiday in thailand. I decided to go to hua hin for a weeks. I had stayed at the donkeys rest before so gave Andy (owner) a call. My bus didnt get to hua hin untill 2am in the end, i called andy and he had to get out of bed to let me in, He welcomed me and my girlfriend and even let us have a drink in his bar after our long trip. The rooms have everything you need air con, tv, very comfortable bed, unsuite shower room and belcony. The hotel also does your laundry. There is a lovely sports complex at the rear with swimming pool, bar and gym. On days we decide to go sightseeing Andy was more then happy to help with where to go and how to get there. (His directions where so good we didnt get lost once). I cant fault the place and highly recommend this hotel. Thank you Andy and Doung for everything. see you at christmas.

Date of stay: April 2012