Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I had enjoyed my stay at Donkey's Rest last month ago.
We booked for 3 rooms. It was just one night.
A room was clean and had all i needed in terms of facilities.
Except only my friend's room has no dressing table even a mirror wasn't provide in a bedroom.
My room got upgraded to a bigger one without charged.
Hotel area has restaurants nearby. Owner was so nice.
But only one thing that i'm pretty upset was when we were checking out (maybe it was our fault)
We just gave them keys room and left.
They tried to contact us but no answer.
They said my room didn't pay for some snacks, beers, and sodas.(I was surprised)
but the truth is we didn't eat any thing there.
Just to share my experience please let them check the room before you left.

thank for donkey's rest for my period stayed.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Arrived at this hotel, for a weeks holiday but ended staying here for our full 15 days.
We had the best room we ever stayed in when holidaying in Thailand it was under a 1,000 baht per night and was very big ,very clean,very nice with air cable large fridge and nice wet room.
Hua-Hin was very quite but the olympics were on in london so i think many eorupeans staying at home.
The Hieghlights were the pleasant people staying here plus the owners, The hills vine yard,
My eyebrows being tatooed for about £100 sterling in a very pleasant saloon and my boyfriends fantastic days fishing with Andy the owner, He caught 3 different species of fish, 1 (Andy the owner was more chuffed then my boyfriend) a pacu as its very hard to land as its got very big teeth and can bite through the line,
What a great place to chill, Hua Hin is proberly the most exspesive part of Thailand but at the Donkeys Rest Hotel you can have great comfert at a very reasonably price with lots of good eateries near by, A very pleasant beach only a short walk away with horse ride if you wish,
Nice night markets with all you could wish for to buy plus great food from Grasshoppers to steak or lobster.
Thanks again we will be back
p s is close to the railway but never really botherd us

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sarah l
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stayed at this place twice: first with my boyfriend, then alone. It is a great, laid-back place, friendly and safe for a woman travelling alone.

The Guesthouse is not in the very centre of Hua Hin, so you do not feel squeezed like a tuna fish between hundreds of other tourists. Although it's not in the centre, there is still almost everything you need just around the corner: A tiny supermarket and a massage salon in the same building, a swimming pool, local food stalls and also a couple of touristy restaurants, the beach is around 15 minutes away.

The rooms are nice. They are spacious, have A/C, TV with a lot of channels (Thai, British, Dutch, German, Australian and so on), fridge (food and drinks are quite the same price as in the supermarket), a kettle and quick internet access. A great deal if you think you pay 750 THB off season!

Andy and Duong are great hosts! They know how to give a warm welcome and are pleased to help you.

It's definitively a recommendable place to stay. Especially I want to point out that I felt very safe staying here alone as a woman! Many thanks to you, Andy and Duong!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2012

It was a different experience staying at Donkey's Rest. Andy and his wife were very friendly and pleasant and their two little daughters were a constant joy. We went as a 9-member group who really enjoyed the stay. It will be a lasting memory staying in Donkey's Rest.

Room tip: Main building
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Isam8432
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a king-size room for 9 nights at the start of May. We were informed by Andy (the owner) that the price would be 850 baht a night, which was low season price. Very reasonable.

On arrival, Andy kindly helped us with our bags and showed us to our room. The room was big and spacious, with excellent air-conditioning which automatically quietened down when it reached its pre-set temperature. There was a nice big refridgerator stocked with reasonably priced snacks. Also tea and coffee making facilities were in the room.

Downstairs there was an open-air bar/restauant with a pool table. Gym facilities and a pool were also available for guests to the near of the hotel, although we did not use them. We liked the room, and found Andy and his Thai wife to be friendly and accommodating; but sadly we decided to check out after just one night.

The reason we checked out was because of the noise from passing trains coming from the main railway line approximately 100 metres in front of the hotel. Because of the noise of the trains--whose drivers don't hesitate to give their horns a blast as they approach Hua Hin--we never got any sleep during our first night. The next day, as we were checking out, Andy explained that the drivers have to honk their horns because of the number of local people who are killed on the railway lines each day in Thailand.

So if you are not a light sleeper, and are not bothered by passing trains, then this is the place for you.

Date of stay: May 2012