Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Having visited Hua Hin on 4 occasions during 2012, I can safely say this is the best accommodation in which I have stayed, when taking into account pricing and service. I have stayed at three 5* resorts and paid silly money for the privilege. This hotel was recommended by a friend and cost 25% of other stays. The service provided by Andy and wife Duong is exceptionally friendly, the rooms spacious and clean, food (by Duong) outstanding and other guests friendly.

Andy acts as taxi driver, local guide and interpreter. I have never stayed anywhere with such a warm welcome and will be returning in December, having found a cost effective base in this Thai golfing heaven.

Room tip: All rooms good.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ian H
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I had enjoyed my stay at Donkey's Rest last month ago.
We booked for 3 rooms. It was just one night.
A room was clean and had all i needed in terms of facilities.
Except only my friend's room has no dressing table even a mirror wasn't provide in a bedroom.
My room got upgraded to a bigger one without charged.
Hotel area has restaurants nearby. Owner was so nice.
But only one thing that i'm pretty upset was when we were checking out (maybe it was our fault)
We just gave them keys room and left.
They tried to contact us but no answer.
They said my room didn't pay for some snacks, beers, and sodas.(I was surprised)
but the truth is we didn't eat any thing there.
Just to share my experience please let them check the room before you left.

thank for donkey's rest for my period stayed.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Arrived at this hotel, for a weeks holiday but ended staying here for our full 15 days.
We had the best room we ever stayed in when holidaying in Thailand it was under a 1,000 baht per night and was very big ,very clean,very nice with air cable large fridge and nice wet room.
Hua-Hin was very quite but the olympics were on in london so i think many eorupeans staying at home.
The Hieghlights were the pleasant people staying here plus the owners, The hills vine yard,
My eyebrows being tatooed for about £100 sterling in a very pleasant saloon and my boyfriends fantastic days fishing with Andy the owner, He caught 3 different species of fish, 1 (Andy the owner was more chuffed then my boyfriend) a pacu as its very hard to land as its got very big teeth and can bite through the line,
What a great place to chill, Hua Hin is proberly the most exspesive part of Thailand but at the Donkeys Rest Hotel you can have great comfert at a very reasonably price with lots of good eateries near by, A very pleasant beach only a short walk away with horse ride if you wish,
Nice night markets with all you could wish for to buy plus great food from Grasshoppers to steak or lobster.
Thanks again we will be back
p s is close to the railway but never really botherd us

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sarah l
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stayed at this place twice: first with my boyfriend, then alone. It is a great, laid-back place, friendly and safe for a woman travelling alone.

The Guesthouse is not in the very centre of Hua Hin, so you do not feel squeezed like a tuna fish between hundreds of other tourists. Although it's not in the centre, there is still almost everything you need just around the corner: A tiny supermarket and a massage salon in the same building, a swimming pool, local food stalls and also a couple of touristy restaurants, the beach is around 15 minutes away.

The rooms are nice. They are spacious, have A/C, TV with a lot of channels (Thai, British, Dutch, German, Australian and so on), fridge (food and drinks are quite the same price as in the supermarket), a kettle and quick internet access. A great deal if you think you pay 750 THB off season!

Andy and Duong are great hosts! They know how to give a warm welcome and are pleased to help you.

It's definitively a recommendable place to stay. Especially I want to point out that I felt very safe staying here alone as a woman! Many thanks to you, Andy and Duong!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2012

It was a different experience staying at Donkey's Rest. Andy and his wife were very friendly and pleasant and their two little daughters were a constant joy. We went as a 9-member group who really enjoyed the stay. It will be a lasting memory staying in Donkey's Rest.

Room tip: Main building
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends