Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We have travelled through much of South East Asia over the last 20 years and this was only the second place we have left early. We had booked for three nights and I guess if I were alomne I would have stayed , but my wife really couldn't cope with the noise from the very nearby train tracks.
We had just come from the Bangkok Lotus Hotel, which was great value. The room rate at Donkey's rest was similar but the accommodation was not in the same league.
Obviously the majority of reviewrs had a positive review and I booked on the stregnth of past reviews.
We moved to Citin Loft, a more central location, it was a bit more expensive, but better value

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tim H
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Not too far from the beach, but if you think it is, you still have a nice swimming pool next door. Downtown Hua Hin and the new shopping centere is within walking distance. The room I stayed in was really nice, with a big fridgde and a kettle. The surroundings are not very nice, but then again, Hua Hin isn't really a very scenic place.

Date of stay: March 2013
Reviewed 26 December 2012

The only reason I gave 4 instead of 5 is that you should be prepared with ear plugs at night. The hotel is very close to the train tracks, on which trains run mainly at night, honking and chugging very loudly. Other than that, this is a great place to stay. The owners are very hospitable and easy-going, and the family room is spacious for us and 2 kids. We can use the neighborhood pool out back for free. Beach and shopping are 10 minutes' walk away. Recommended!

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ghosttoast
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Popped in for a couple days and stayed 3 weeks. Andy, proprietor helpfully rearranging rooms to accommodate me. Relaxed atmosphere and do as you please but with guidance on hand and also scooter hire to get around. Is out of the main hua hin hubbub but still accessible to beach and town if you wish and taxi only a pittance to pay. Pool at the back where you can also relax to amenable music. I had good time here and will return

Room tip: I had three rooms and were all spacious and well equipped
Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I initially stayed at the Donkey's rest for 4 nights in mid-November. The key to this hotel is the fact that it is family run and not a large chain hotel. Andy and his wife Duong(?) are excellent guides to the area and are never reluctant to be on hand to answer any questions you may have. As I was travelling alone and was new to the country I found that invaluable.

Andy can organise excellent fishing expeditions to local parks and is in touch with the best fishing guides Thailand has to offer. I caught a 200lb Arapaima whilst I was there! The atmosphere of the hotel is relaxed and the rooms are clean and have a fridge, satellite TV and a wet room.
You get the impressions that the team at the Donkey's rest make a real effort to help their guests, whether it be with the standard of the rooms, helping with advice on the area or making you feel welcome. For it's budget I wouldn't imagine you could do much better than this.

Date of stay: November 2012