Amari Hua Hin(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$139
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$225
US$213
  • Pool
Anantasila Villa by the Sea, Hua Hin(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$69
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$222
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
G Hua Hin Resort & Mall(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$114
Priceline
Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$513
US$187
Priceline
All reviewsroom was lovely and cleanasian dishescentral locationnight marketwould stay here againdecent sizethe air conditioningwalking distancenice swimming pooltuk tuknightlifeelectricitykeytilessoi
Reviewed 14 March 2018

The hotel on first appearances looks like a quality hotel from the front and reception area but don't be fooled. The rooms are very dated and not that clean and light and in need of a serious update.

The location is great. 1 minute walk to Bintabar (Bar and restaurant area) and 2 minutes from the beach. There are far more quality hotels at a cheaper price nearby and I suggest you consider looking elsewhere first until this hotel has an update on the rooms.

This is apparently a very popular hotel used by golfers on organised tours. I know a number of friends that were given this hotel as part of a package and they won't stay there again given the choice.

Staff were very friendly and when I had an issue with my room, single bed instead of a double, they moved me straight away to a double. Why they couldn't have done that in the first instance I don't know, but there was no arguments from them, so top marks for that.

I didn't eat in the hotel as there are numerous restaurants close by, so I can't comment on the breakfast etc.

I paid £38 per room and didn't this this was good value. I've stayed in 4 star hotels close by for £28 per night and far better quality. It was a=only because they were fully booked that I had no choice but to stay in the City Beach.

Given alternative hotels then I wouldn't stay here again if I had the choice. If this is all that's available in the immediate area then it's very average if not below standard. Pick somewhere else if possible.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel if you have the choice
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Good hotel, but fungus in the bathroom around the bath and on the shower curtain. Breakfast buffet normal,nothing special. Tip, take a tuk tuk (100 thb.) to the beach from soi 67. Very good beach restaurant en beds. Brds fir 100 thb. a day.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2018

City Beach Resort has a perfect location, in walking distance to everything in town center, and just about 500 meters to the beach.
The room is big, and very nice, with great bathroom, although the balcony is very small.
There is a nice little pool area, but very few sunbeds, and people get up early and put their towels on them, even they don´t use them for hours – the staff should do something about that. Staff is really friendly and helpful.
Breakfast is fine, all the usual stuff as cereal, fruit, different kind of eggs etc. but also some Thai options, which we enjoyed.
Besides Hilton, it is probably the nicest hotel in city center, where most accommodation is guest houses.
We had five nice days at City Beach Resort, and would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Ok, the easy part -

Good

location
Big room

Now the real review

Bad

Twin beds instead of double as booked( my wife was with me)

Very few sockets inside room. In fact if you neede to connect a PC and a phone you were in trouble unless one of them was in the bathroom.

Receptionists very abrupt and downright offensive.

No coffee making facility. Really they give you a kettle and nothing else not even a cup.

Limited clothes storage for a couple staying any more than 2 nights

Bell service is there but you would not know it.

Be careful when booking. We booked a double and got a twin and they maintained it was because they had ran out of double beds. No refund or discount was proposed.

Reception staff playing mobike phone games.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2018

My experience at the city beach resort left me with mixed feelings.

The main advantage of this hotel is definitely the location. It couldn't be more central, within a walking distance from the main restaurants/bars area and the beach.
The lobby was a bit gloomy but classy with its huge ceilings, chandeliers and fine woodwork. Contrary to what I could read in previous reviews, I didn't encounter any problem with the front office staff, who was courteous and professional.

Be aware that the hotel lifts are actually time machines. When I got out on the lift and got into my room, I found myself back to the 80s. All the appliances, amenities and pieces of furniture looked like popped out of the early 80's. From the minibar to the light command, without forgetting the air conditioning thermostat, the phone and the TV (which was actually a model from the early 90s and so gave a "modern" touch to the room), everything was there to bring me back 35 years ago. All the amenities were very basic and as far as I saw, there was only one power socket available next to the vanity. The bathroom might have been recently refurbished caus' it looked a bit more up-to-date than the rest of the room.

In the while, the room was of decent size, very clean and comfortable as a whole. The view from the small balcony was great, even though I was on the 4th floor. My room had a connecting door with the room next door, which was a bit annoying and very old-fashioned, but fortunately, no one was staying in the room next door when I was there. At the end of the day, I had a good night and similarly to the room as a whole, the bed was old but clean and comfortable.

Nothing really wrong about that place if you don't mind a vintage touch and a few memories from the 80s. It's old but it's clean. It's convenient and I'd say it's a great value as a whole (I've seen way crappier hotels in that area for the same price). Worth a try if you're on a budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the higher floors. Avoid rooms with connecting doors.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple