“Feels like home”
Review of Hua Hin Kings Home

Hua Hin Kings Home
Ranked #16 of 309 Hua Hin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2008

When you arrive to Kings Home you feel like your at home. Lovely people and owners. You get much for the price your spending on the room. Like free internet, free water, coffe, tea and breakfast. And they have a nice swimmingpool.
The owners are very helpful and provides you with the info you looking for. We can highly recomend this place.

Stayed: March 2008

Reviewed 29 March 2008

i was met at the bus station by a nice man, offering me a place to stay... i agreed to go..

i found that the guesthouse was nice, and felt like a home... The beds were unreal, they had free internet use, big tv, and a pool..

breakfast is included in the price which is good.
the owner, his wife and daughter are all lovely. i would reccomend this place for anyone to stay at.

thanklyou for having me!!!

cody

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2008

My name is Michael and I was coming two days before to this guesthouse. The owner asked me on the street if I want to have a look at his guesthouse. So I come and checked in immediately, because I feel here so well behaved and calm. The accommodation is very pretty and the price is absolutely okay. You really have all what you like and first I want to stay only four days, but I think I will stay longer with John and his family! Oh, I'm from Munich and I'm a classical singer. I really can recommend this best guesthouse ever.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 21 March 2008

As with others, I was met at the station by the friendly lady. i had not booked anywhere and so was glad to be offered a room. The room was small, like it was not a proper room at all, but a partitioned corridor. There was a bunk bed and absolutely no room to place my suitcase anywhere. It was cheap - in both sense of the word. John appeared very friendly. As it was late in evening I thought i will stay one night and find better place next day. I must have agreed to take the the room at a good rate (for the owners) because as I was leaving to go out, the lady said 'we usually ask people to stay a minimum of two nights'. I thought it was funny being mentioned now and not from first. As I went out I felt very depressed as I just could not face going back to that pigsty of a room, even just to sleep. So I found another room just across the street for 300 baths more and the room was 10times bigger and brighter (at Top Marks Hotel). As I was more interested in having a good holiday and not worry about the money I had already decided I will just move out same night and pay John for his room. So within 1 hour of checking in, I returned to King's Home to tell John that I was checking out. He thought I wanted to check out without paying for the room and he said I cant do it. I said I can doi what i like as i am paying for the room (as well as the breakfast i was not gonna have) and he replied that he had no option but to charge me the full room rate. I replied 'please dont insult me - everyone has options to charge whatever they think is fair'. I had left my bottle of water in the room and when i mentioned that John said he will give me another bottle from the fridge. He gave me a bottle of frozen water whose seal was broken - so I am not even sur ehis 'generosity' of free water is what it appears to be.
If you dont want to stay in a pigsty and dont want to come across people whose smiles and friendliness disappear the minute they are not making any money from it, I suggest you avoid King's Home

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
26  Thank shamtravel
Reviewed 11 March 2008

we heard about the kings home guest house by chance. when we got off the train at hua hin we met a loveley lady who said she had rooms available and showed us some photo's. After a really long flight and a what felt like an even longer train journey we decided that this place would be just fine, as the pictures looked ok and the price was very reasonable. This was our first day in Thailand and was overwhelmed by the heat and the total change in culture so on our way to the hotel on foot we was more than happy to meet big John on his scooter who noticed we had one of his business cards in our hand and was looking a bit lost!!!
He took us to his guest house and after he introduced himself he said"welcome to our home" which i thought was pretty cool!!
He showed us all of the available rooms which all were clean and and all had their own very unique decor. We was just so happy to find somewhere to relax. When we got settled in to our room and had a shower Big John showed us where his fridge was and said help yourself to beer and cold drinks and don't worry about the money just pay for what you have had when you leave which was very trusting of him!
We never planned to stay at Hua Hin,we had a hotel booked on Samui for the next day but as we were there over the New Year period Thailand was very busy. Johns loveley wife made travel arrangemets for us to get to our hotel one day later and even phoned our hotel to re-arrange our booking!
This place is amazing! When i first got to Thailand i was a little overwhelmed but after meeting these people it made me feel at ease instantly. Im really gald we stayed here! Hua Hin is a great place to spend a few days and this was a fantastic start to an amazing holiday! SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple