US$124
US$33
US$45
US$41
Agoda.com
Sabai @ Kan Resort(Kanchanaburi)
US$35
US$34
X2 River Kwai Resort(Kanchanaburi)
US$232
US$208
Agoda.com
Tara Raft Kanchanaburi Guest House(Kanchanaburi)(Great Value!)
US$15
The Vista Pool Villa(Kanchanaburi)
US$36
US$31
US$57
US$52
All reviewsthe riverlocal marketneedennisbangkokthaikm
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Booked for a six night stay at this beautiful place via Agoda. On arrival it was clear that the pool was empty. We were greeted by a lovely Thai lady who said " We are closed for ten days, did you book with Agoda. She had informed them of the problems, which included her husband gone away!!! Still they sent clients and unlike us, a couple stayed. It was important to us that the pool was available as we wanted to wind down for a week before returning to the UK. The lady was so sweet and also very sad about her husband, you could see she was close to tears.
We used her internet and booked elswhere, and she tried to speak with Agoda, but struggled with the answering machine. I email Agoda and am currently awaiting a reply.
We had a quick look around and the setting is wonderful, right next to the river. So if wanting to stay here, do not use Agoda, all others are acting according to her wishes, but not Agoda!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 February 2017

I had read some non complimentary reviews as I was checking my reservations last week before I left home.Over tge past two months the reviews for this resort became very bad indeed .I called Agoda booking to check that everything was OK and they assured me it was .This morning we arrived from Bangkok to find the gate closed and unattended ,the letterbox had been broken into ,always bad news .I opened the gate and walked into the resort towards the pool and could see it was empty .A woman called out to me that she was closed .There are people staying as there were towels hanging out on the rails .This place clearly has fallen on hard times and until it gets its act together Agoda should not have it on its website .I have paid for this appalling service and will be looking for recompense

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank geraldine d
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

I arrived here to stay for a night only but to be honest it didn't take me long to decide for extending the stay up to 2 nights just because this place IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!!
right from the beginning the owners Nee (Thai) and Dennis (from England) treated me like a good friend, even almost like a son! ;)
Fresh welcome-papaya for free, guided visit at the local market, having some beer and a lot of nice talks with Dennis who is a real fan of nature and animals (like me ;) ), just sit at the river which touches the hotels garden... beautiful animals to see everywhere arround! and of course the bungalows are quite fantastic and very clean! free laundry service also included. and the whole best thing is Nee's incredible cooking skills! Thai Food at its best for sure!!!
Make sure u don't miss this experience!
I even wanted to stay again for a night when I came back from my trip to Thong Pha Phum national park but unfortunately they didn't have any free room left that day :(
but it was nice to meet up with Dennis again for a smoke and a beer! Cheers mates! keep going like you do! ❤✌

I would rate 10 stars if possible !

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Philipp M
Reviewed 24 January 2017

We booked a bungalow Jan 3rd until Jan 5th. We arrived from Bangkok at Xanadu around 3PM and were welcomed in very limited English (yes/no/maybe) by the 3 gardeners. They gave us a key and told us the owner wasn't there but should arrive at 5PM. Long story short: we never met the owner, we weren't welcomed, the pool was green (which made our daughter cry after a long and tiring day), ... A real shame because the bungalows and the property are beautiful.

Because the property is very remote from the city and there isn't a lot of traffic (taxi/tuktuk) passing we decided to book another hotel for our second night (so that we would be able to leave for Sukhothai the next day).

We asked for a refund (for this second day) through Agoda, but didn't get it (they told me they would try to contact the owner... good luck with that!).

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Lieven F
Reviewed 31 December 2016

We booked with a direct phone call while we were in another area of the country. It helped that we speak Thai. Upon our arrival it was notable that though it was high season very few of the rooms were occupied. We are very undemanding guests and in general we were pleased enough with cleanliness and comfort. What is readily apparent is that the couple who own the place have separated. Dennis, whom we did not meet, is no longer around. His wife seemed a bit overwhelmed and did not want to book more than a few rooms at a time. It seems like ownership may change. For now it is fine, though we had our own vehicle and were not interested in having breakfast. The pool was clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: Probably best to have a vehicle to stay here
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family