1,066 results
All reviews across the road patong beach jacuzzi on the balcony quiet end bangla road pool bar deluxe room pool access hotel staff egg station thai food the hustle and bustle phuket minibar nightlife novotel
Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

We booked a night here the day before arriving, without having any idea what part of Phuket we'd want to stay in (having never been and knowing it was a large island with a lot of different sub cultures). We arrived in the evening, and were a little bummed that there wasn't much of a view from the hotel or bar/restaurant since all the photos we'd seen of Phuket were gorgeous!! Since the location is right on the beach, there are a lot of palm trees which block a lot of the view- but during the day, the view from the pool was actually pretty nice.

Our room was nice enough, but the balcony just had a view of the inner courtyard of the hotel which wasn't something we needed to see, so balcony was wasted on us. Very clean and comfortable inside, so no complaints there.

Overall, I'd say pros are: location (close to beach and in patong but just far enough from all the partying to not be obnoxious); pool; decent price; friendly staff.

Cons: not a romantic spot; food just decent (although we only had lunch by the pool); definitely not a 5 star location, I'd say 3.5 is a fair assessment.

Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank SarahH1982
BLT-Management, Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Dear SarahH1982,

Warm greetings From B-Lay Tong ! The Only Upscale Boutique Art Hotel

We thank you for patronizing B-Lay Tong Phuket

We are glad to know that you found our hotel room very clean , relaxing ,quite , away from hustle and bustle but close to bangla. You liked our pool and bar and location very close to the beach .Friendly staff and decent price. We would share your feedback to our staff .

Thank you very much.

We wish you all the best and hope to serve you again in future

Please feel free free to contact me anytime at fom@b-laytong.com

Thanks & Regards

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

This hotel is stunning, we booked in here after an awful experience at another hotel and I am so glad we did. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. It's modern and funky and very clean. Close enough to all the action, right opposite Patong beach but far enough that it's not noisy at all. We booked room 245 and it was perfect. The staff are attentive to all your needs and we were so grateful that they organized a room fan for our room as my hubby was still sick from the air conditioning (the air con from previous hotel we stayed in made my husband very ill). The bathroom is beautiful and I love the artyness of everything. A lot of thought has been put into this hotel from the knives in the dining room which are made a certain way that makes eating with it so much more comfortable than a conventional knife. The pool is stunning and my only wish was that it could be open a bit later than 9pm :-). The breakfast was really nice and it's pretty cool that it closes at 11am as it gives you enough time to sleep in late and not miss breakfast. Wifi works seamlessly and it's such a pleasure to use. I would highly recommend this hotel, it is sensational and well worth the money.

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

I so want to give this hotel 5*s but it's not quite there, never the less I would go back in a heart beat.

I'd messaged them on Facebook asking for a room upgrade 4 months before arrival, this was granted with no issue. Would fully recommend a pool entry room, great fun.

Upon arrival our bags were taken to the room whilst we sat in a bar with the most beautiful view, sipping a drink.

The room, albeit a few things needed upgrading, ie, the rusty bathroom mirror, the wooden slats in the shower etc, was very clean and I loved it. One cockcroch got in as we left the door open, our fault, nothing to do with cleanliness and hey its Thailand, they have bugs! Awesome aircon- does switch off without the room key but kicks in quickly.

The pool was incredible and never struggled to get a sun bed (no sharp tiles that others keep talking about..?). Only downside was the prices for drinks- ridiculous. We did however take full advantage of our daily free drink every evening in the other bar.

Breakfast was good, catered for all nationalities.

The hotel location was amazing; the beach was literally over the road and Bangla 15 mins walk or 150-200 bht taxi (they try and charge more but don't be fooled!). I enjoyed the walk though.

Note that Mc Donalds also deliver to the hotel for those feeling a little fragile after a night out!!!!

The biggest let down was the hotel atmosphere, there was just something missing, but I'm not sure what! The restraunt was often empty as was the bar which is a real shame- we actually liked them! I'd maybe suggest ditching the odd remixed dance music.

The staff though, I couldn't fault them!! There was one grumpy pool boy- I wouldn't want to do that job at his age either.. But he was in no means rude. Some people were really rude to them due to occasional language barrier situations- I thought the staff handled it very well and tourists shouldnt expect all hotel staff to be fluently bilingual.

All I'd say is youre going to find faults if you go looking for them, but im sure the same applies elsewhere. I loved our holiday and would love to go back to B-lay Tong!

Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed 11 April 2016

I did not choose this hotel and we were staying as a group. If I was to review the hotel as it claims - to be a 5 * hotel, it would be as brutal a review as could be written. As a reasonable well positioned mid range hotel, its fine. The first thing that strikes you as you walk in is that someone has made a pretty feeble attempt to make a concrete monstrosity look like a trendy, contemporary property - it didn't work for me. The public areas are not air conditioned and when we visited at the beginning of April - it was uncomfortable, and I live in a hot country.

The good things - the pool, the rooms, cleanliness, breakfast, and the friendliness of the staff. The weak points - the training of the staff, mosquitos in the rooms, the noisy aircon in the rooms, crap TVs, the pool bar staff (poor awareness, arrogant), lack of wine as advertised, (white wine sucked, it is clearly not stored correctly and an expensive bottle that cost $100 was well cooked!).

I hope that the owners/management will stop pretending to be a better quality hotel than it is, or train the staff and turn on the zircon in public areas and basically spruce the place up - so that it is what they claim.

The stupid thing is, that this hotel is in a really good venue, the staff try really hard, the rooms are a good size, and the pool could be even better. But, because I arrived expecting a 5* experience, when I experienced a 3*, I left disappointed - sorry!

Room tip: As many others say, try and get a room on the higher floors, don't bother with the Jacuzzi rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Andrew H
BLT-Management, Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Dear Mey T,

Warm greetings From B-Lay Tong ! The Only Upscale Boutique Art Hotel

We thank you for patronizing B-Lay Tong Phuket

We are glad to know that you liked our pool, the rooms cleanliness, breakfast and our friendly staff.

We are working on about the weak points mentioned in your feedback , we will overcome all the shortcomings very soon.

We wish you all the best and hope to serve you again in future

Please feel free free to contact me anytime at fom@b-laytong.com

Thanks & Regards

Reviewed 11 April 2016

i want tissue from reception and they give me a toilet paper, maybe 10 years ago there can 5 star hotel but now not.its a little bit old hotel.but near to ocean, and city centre.we said that we are honeymooncouple ,but they didnt do anything . no champagne,no fruits..etc.they didnt upgrade our room.i do not reccomend if you are honeymoon couple.