1,059 results
All reviewsacross the roadpatong beachjacuzzi on the balconybangla roadquiet endpool bardeluxe roompool accesshotel staffthe hustle and bustlephuketbahtthainightlifenovoteljungceylon
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

The day we've checked-in, elevator went down and remained out of order during all our visit. We were prompted to move to "equal class" room from 4th to 2nd floor. Needs to be mentioned that not all rooms are really equal, even within the same price category: some are brighter than others, also, the bath was missing in the new room.

We liked:

Perfect location: the beach is just across the road.

Design and style is interesting and appealing

Staff is friendly, however their English could be much better.

Free drinks in mini-bar. Something that is seldom to see in hotels today.

We didn't like:

Hotel equipement is quite old and in some cases needs total replacement or at least serious repair:

Pool is OK, but glass tiles are detached, causing sharp edges and possibilities of injuries.

Air conditioner in rooms is noisy and weak.

Fitness room is tiny (for 1-2 persons at most) and with pretty used equipment as well. Treadmill should have been replaced several years ago, it's completely ruined and dangerous to use. Also, some basic gym equipment is missing.

Seems like management saves on everything: only partial air-conditioning in the dining room, old grey towels that once used to be white, not working faucets in public restrooms etc.

Last, but not least: huge amount of mosquitoes. Yes, I'm aware it's Thailand, but guys, in modern world there are lots of techniques to address this issue: repellants, insecticides etc. I'm not sure they've tried even one...

Bottomline: management should invest much more into maintenance to return it to 4-star hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Sergey A
Reviewed 22 January 2018

This is a 3-star hotel not even close to a 4-star, the service was terrible at the reception! It was a lot of wasted money and they did actually try to cheat with the room price to. My worst visit ever.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Tyra N
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

I wouldn’t ever stay here!

Wasted a lot of money. All we loved was the breakfast, and the pool staff (Joe). I didn’t enjoy the stay and it was just inconvenience. Wifi was down, staff spend hours in our room fixing the problem, then advised they will move us into the same room type. We moved (inconvenienced to us), wifi wasn’t working in the new room? Then we had the aircon icing up and making noise plus hearing the ice, icing up (sleepless night) went to single beds which we paid for king (it’s extra $ for a king) Shower drains blocked, water getting into the bathroom - swimming pool. We talked to staff, unfortunately they couldn’t understand or help us to enjoy our stay! I highly recommend to look at another hotel - so many around. We’re in another hotel less 1km away and loving the stay and paying for a lot less price.

Also, it felt dirty in rooms - cleaning wasn’t that great.

I don’t ever write bad review but I had to share as our stay was a joke! It’s was unfortunate, the care or understanding of B-Lay Tong customers couldn’t be understood or helped. Very disappointed!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank JessBlinky
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Brilliant place, close to the beach with sone spectacular views and a comfy bed.
But the highlight of the place was the receptionist Jenny. She was incredibly friendly and helpful, not only with the hotel itself but the surrounding areas as well. Anything I needed to know from things to do to places to eat, she was always more than happy to help.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave E
Daow S, Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Dave E,

May I begin by thanking for your review on TripAdvisor, Your comment inspire us to strive harder in servicing our guests. Your kind words have been passed on to our team in particular K.Jenny who made your stay memorable one.

I would like to end by saying that it was a pleasure to serve you at B - Lay Tong and we hope to see you again soon where you can witness the improvements we have made.

Kind regards,

Mr Daow Sittichan
Resident Manager

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

There was loud banging all night on the roof making sleep difficult at best the rooms were small but views were nice. Beware of girl at front desk named Jen she puts on charm to go out with foreigners asking them out for drinks but she hustled money from men with false promises, be smart and stay clear I think it's bad for employees to use patrons you get enough of that on Bangla road you don't expect it at hotel but it was a good lesson just beware. But besides that the hotel has great view just make sure your not on the forth floor because it sounds like an excavator breaking rocks all night on the roof.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Lance V
Daow S, Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Lance V,

Thank you for your reviews provided to us and mentioned loud banging on the roof. Kindly provided us which room number that we never have issue before. Staffs before start work we already clarified about rule & regulations for hotel business and of course I investigated right away after your commented but not all. Suggestions to customers who enjoy nightlife and Bangla Road able to mentioned but not for asking incentive.

May I offer my sincere thanks for your kind comments about your stay and look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Kind regards,