My wife and I stayed here in September 2011 after scoring a good package deal through our travel agent. It's at the far south end of Patong and about directly opposite Tri Tra (not Tri Trang as something due to the resort of the same name), beach.
The location was not so much of a problem as we always hire mopeds on our Thailand visits, but costs could soon add up if you were to commute on a regular basis via taxi or Tuk Tuk. They do offer a local bus shuttle service but it runs too infrequently to be of any real use when you decide on a spur-of-the moment trip into Patong or elsewhere.
The hotel is large and sprawling and has a great couple of swimming pools. Rooms were adequate and clean, so no complaints there.
Several restaurants on offer with above average prices and I would imagine many would get trapped eating there instead of heading into Patong where food can be much cheaper. The food was okay but I've had better for cheaper elsewhere. Staff were fine on the whole and breakfast was good.
Small fitness centre for a quick workout if you're that way inclined, a library with internet, (not free), access, a few shops that were of no real interest to us and as always, plenty of drinks to be had.
Regarding the beach...it's total rubbish and would be impossible to swim at. Looks great in travel brochures and in professional photos when the tide is in but it is completely covered with sharp rocks and coral. So forget about it. Walk across the road to Tri Tra beach and have a swim there. It's a fair improvement.
I have no complaints but I wasn't all that impressed either.
Due to the location, I would not stay again and I imagine that this place could be very, very noisy in high-season, however, there are rooms far enough away from the patrons if you can get one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, the resort boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. Our resort is the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Our resort has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong