Delight Villas Kata Beach
US$240
US$124
Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$112
Agoda.com
Millennium Resort Patong Phuket(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$87
Hotels.com
US$124
US$96
Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$87
Trip.com
Burasari Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$65
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Andara Resort and Villas(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$421
US$390
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed here with a friend for a week back in February 2012 and yes the place was a little outdated but it's location and views more than made up for this. The staff were friendly and the food at their quaint restaurant was so very tasty! The rooms were also very cheap which was great! Sadly the hotel/resort has been recently demolished and I wouldn't be surprised if it will be replaced by another extravagantly priced resort which is a bit of a shame. I feel lucky to have stayed at this place while it was still around :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cassandra N
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Well like the title said, for the first time ever my wife and I packed our bags and left this place in the middle of the night. And no, this isn't the first time we've traveled. We have been to over 30 countries on 3 continents so we have seen our fair share of horror hotels. But this one takes the cake.

We arrived at this place in the middle of the afternoon but only had time to drop our bags and run as I had a doctors appointment at Bangkok hospital on the other side of Phuket. Our first impression was not very good as a shirtless sweaty man checked us in and said nothing to us. I specifically confirmed with them a few days before for one large bed and instead there were 2 small beds. I brought this to their attention and the response was "This is all we have". I could sense that arguing would get me nowhere at this place and as I said we were pressed on time so we dropped our stuff and left for the hospital.

It was until we returned later that night around 10 or 11pm that the true horror of this establishment came to light.

Upon entering our room we turned on the light and to our disgust the place was filled with mosquitoes. We did our best to start killing them off one by one by one but there were just too many to take on. Exhausted, we decided that we would just try to get a few hours of sleep here and then check out in the morning and find a new place to stay. My wife wanted to take a quick shower after a long day of traveling. The bathroom itself looked like it had barely been cleaned and the towels looked like they have been in service for years. After my wife was in the shower I heard a scream and came running to see the culprit crawling away. A cockroach, about 4 inches long, had crawled up her leg while she was showering. That was the last straw. We packed our bags and started trekking the road next to Kata Beach trying to find anywhere else to stay that resembled a real accommodation.

I don't know how so many other people had such a contrasting experience but I guess if you want to take your chances with this one you can. There are just so many other places in Kata Beach that are only a little bit more per night and are a world in class above this one.

Honestly, if you want a great view of the beach just pitch a tent on the sand. The accommodations would probably be better than this place!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bryan19
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Lovely and accommodating staff. This has basic but comfortable rooms with good sized patios that overlook busy Kata beach. From the balcony you get the nice view without the noise of the crowds. The room's decor is dated and a bit musty, but so are most places on the beach. The pool is small, quiet and could use an extra cleaning.

Room Tip: Mermaid A and B were nice rooms with a good view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nickyandron
Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

Located a short walk up a rather steep hill from the hustle and bustle of Kata Beach is a lovely little hotel. Our room was basic, but perfectly serviceable for a few nights stay. Unfortunately, our traveling companion's room was below basic (mildew in shower...which your feet are in when sitting on the toilet). They do have a nice little pool overlooking the rocks below and the beach to the right. The restaurant is manned by the same ladies who run the front desk so that waiting to check out became an issue.

Other than a cup of tea in the am, we chose to eat on the beach, so we can't comment on the quality of food.

On a positive note, we had to deal with a stolen passport and the staff went out of their way to be helpful.

Some cosmetic updates and a little more attention to cleanliness could make this a true gem in southern Phuket, Thailand.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank knitterlady
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We booked this place for the views and were not disappointed. The pool was amazing, very clean. It is a very quiet place, even with the construction going on on the other side of the hill. We weren't bothered by a short walk to the beach, it is literally no more than 100 meters. The room had strange smell when we first walked in and the lady told us we would get used to it in 5 minutes. It took slightly longer than 5 minutes, but we did get used to it:) The bed was hard, however, we liked it and found it comfortable. The bathroom was clean. Service was very good, staff very polite. Would definitely stayed there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple