2,439 results
All reviews holiday village activity pool first choice high ropes kids club relax pool lobby bar water slides swim up room family bar entertainment team great holiday evening entertainment family holiday different theme every night mo mo family room
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

On first arrival I was unhappy with the room we had been given but the hotel management changed our room 2days in. Our new room was amazing, sea view with the biggest balcony. Animation loved my 2yr old little boy and he was always pleased to see them. Loads to do unless weather is bad. All Hotel staff including restaurant staff are amazing and can't do enough for you. I will say.. do not book the half day pirate ship excursion or the quads. The quad exploded with my husband and 9yr old on it, and the pirate ship was so over booked we couldn't enjoy any of it as we couldn't move. Really want to go back but refuse to pay twice the money now it's going to be a holiday village. Not worth it

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Had a brilliant couple of relaxing days at this hotel. The staff are so friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. We felt that they really wanted us there and valued our custom. (Had a completely different story when we visited Rhodes earlier on in the year)
Our room was massive, and modern with great views. The hotel felt like it had already been updated in places, the lobby area was lovely. There was some great entertainment on, singers and little bands to cater for all tests.
Thoroughly enjoyed sampling the cocktail menu, the waiters were happy to keep bringing them over without asking too.
Food was good, nothing amazing but much better than any other all inclusive resort I’ve stayed in over the years.
Plenty of pools for the kids, some fab water slides. Beach needed a clean up. Talking of cleanliness, the staff were ALWAYS cleaning.
Considering the hotel was shutting for the winter on the day we left, we felt they still went to an effort until the moment we left. I’m sure it will make a fantastic holiday village next year

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becky H
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

I don’t often write reviews but I feel totally let down by TUI and this hotel. I booked this as a TUI 5 star Platinum which this definitely isn’t. We’ve stayed in better 4 star hotels in Turkey. The hotel is old and tired. The amphitheatre and ropes were both broken. There was a persistent seller on the beach that put a tortoise (which he dropped) in our childrens hands so he could put bracelets on them. The food was the worst we’ve had - luke warm and the same most days. Previous reviews have said “you can always find something to eat and I we didn’t go hungry. That may be the case put I would prefer to enjoy each meal and not make do. It was sold to us a 5 star and that is what I would expect. The wifi dropped out constantly and you were unable to reconnect. We told reception our air conditioning wasn’t working and was told that because the hotel was closing the whole hotel had been turned off. They gave us a fan which was unusable because of the wiring. We were so looking forward to this holiday but its the worst place we have stayed in. The saving grace of our week was the weather and the entertainment staff were amazing. I couldn’t wait to come home. If your looking for 5 star luxury which TUI sold to us you won’t get it here.

4  Thank tracy1608
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

I travelled with family and friends had an all inclusive package.
About an hour from the airport.
Hotel is tired, needs serious revamp, rooms where dated on the ground floor not so clean and bugs everywhere.
Food was ok flys everywhere especially in the eve that really put me off. Was left with a serious upset tummy.
Beach was beautiful best part of the trip.
Slide pools only open a certain time they seem to enjoy their lunch breaks which go on forever so kids didn’t have much time on the slides.
Try the shopping trip very cheap things but found the shop next door slightly cheaper if you haggle especially if you go near the end of oct as they close the hotel for 6 months.
Entertainment was ok personally not suitable for children.
Overall holiday was ok.
Don’t think I would stop here again.

Reviewed 2 November 2018

We arrived as a family of 4, mid October to a wet Tunisia, On arrival we were given our wrist bands and offered a sweet drink, after giving us our room cards we were directed to a door that led outside and told our room was down that way.. After 20 mins and still no room in sight an orderly asked which room we were in and then explained it was down at Manar 2 the other side of the complex (didn't even know there were 2 hotels on site!) once in Manar 2 we still had no idea of where to go and no staff around to guide us, The barman in the family bar saw us looking confused and helped us out to our swim up room, Phew finally in the room after an hour in the hotel. The room was nice no issues with the size or layout the double bed and singles were rock hard and we had to have the mattress changed during our stay (after asking 3 times). The second night was where the fun started, it rained all day and into the night, we saw on the Manar Facebook page that the swim up rooms had flooded in August so we were dreading the worst, sure enough around 23:45 with towels down the water was starting to come into the room, I phoned reception and got no answer, I went back to the friendly barman and he phoned someone, 10 mins later a man came with a squeegee mop to help "push" the water back towards the pool, he looked tired after 15 mins so I offered to help, only he gave me the squeegee and left !! so for my second night I was on water guard making sure my room didn't flood, Having a kid with Autism this was testing my nerves already ! After finally getting my point across to reception the next morning that they should have had some plan in place for heavy rainfall after what happened in August instead of me having to ruin a night of my holiday I did get some kind of apology, but they really didn't care at all. My room 2023 is the worst for it as the floor slopes down to the patio entrance doors from the pool they have even screwed a large baton down in the doorway as some sort of flood defence barrier, no other room had this. 2 days later they asked If I would like to move rooms, no point the sun was out !!
The pool area is ok nice and large and the staff are loud and fun, no knocking them, they work hard to keep the fun going, although the pool bar didn't open one day as the rain was falling so all Manar 2 guests did have to go to Manar 1 for a brew etc.. a little annoying if you understood the layout.
The slides are ok but in very poor state of repair desperately needing a coat of paint and cleaned up generally, only 2 rings were blown up for the ring slide and you had next to no chance of getting one, the life guards shrugged when we asked for one to be blown up.
the sea was great the beach in front of the hotel nice, but don't dare turn left or right after 30 yards the worst plastic pollution you have ever seen was evident, I guess the hotels only look after there own slice of prime beach and sod the rest of the coast line.
Be aware that the pool bar and beach bar have a major wasp infestation, they hang around the fizzy drinks pump ALL the time, one barman showed me his 5 stings from that morning alone on his hands, so get someone else to go if your not happy around them, spoils it though as it means you can not sit at the bars and chat as us Brits like to do.
The food was great, plenty of variety and choice but as any all inclusive it gets repetitive in the second week, The Al a carte restaurant was ok but nothing special, local food that looked posher than what they served in the dining hall.
The entertainment was sound, we didn't do too many shows as its inside at the entrance to Manar 1,But the Michael Jackson show was prob the best out of them, just dancing no singing. The bar is pathetic though at the entertainment, wine and beer only in small horrible plastic cups, no spirits available, I generally took a G+T in from the lobby bar as you can not go wrong with that !
Ok so now we start week two 9 days in and we are regulars at the Family bar in Manar 2, this is mainly for all the guest who stay there who don't want to sit up in the lobby bar of Manar 1, in this bar are the pool table, table ice hockey, table football, pinball and a broke motorcycle racing game from 1992 ! anyway its popular and a good crack is guaranteed that was until we turned up one night and it was shut. upon asking the regular barman who we saw wheeling the drinks bottles away he explained it was due to the end of the season, Bear in mind we still had 4 days of our holiday left some had 7, upon going to the reception and enquiring about this we were told there was a "pipe problem" this didn't add up so the night manager was called Ismail Hajri, he didn't know why it was closed and went to find the main manager a lady called Sonia Hasasiklar, she didn't come out to talk to us but he reported it was a pipe" problem" not end of season problem..i pointed out we were in it when it shut at midnight the night before and all was working then, however he just flapped and walks away, Once again if you knew the layout and the guests that this bar caters for its absolutely ridiculous they have closed it, There was a conference going on and I suspect they need the barmen in the main bar to cater for this hoard, I found Miss Hasasiklar later that night she confirmed it was a pipe problem and that it would be fixed that night so as to not disturb people !! Guess what....it was never running again she is a totally horrible lady that waved her arms around and was very rude, my 16 year old boy couldn't believe her act after she stormed away from me when I asked her to make sure it gets fixed as we and other families don't wish to use the lobby bar when our kids wanted to use the games room !!
Fethi is the local rep and try's to be a nice guy, he will help you out no end, he wasn't much good in the "Family bar gate" issue though, suggesting a waiter will deliver all drinks to the family bar but we would still have to walk up and order them in the lobby bar !! its so laughable now to think how stupid they think we are.
to sum up if you don't have any issues you would think this is the best place on earth, but you would be wrong, we were in Tunisia (Sousse) in 2015 a month before the beach shootings , So as soon as it came back on the market this year we didn't hesitate to book as we loved our last stay at Sousse, It is marketed as a Platinum hotel ( Not 5 star as some report) and cost us the most out of any All inclusive holiday in the med (we have done Egypt and Turkey) at nearly 4 grand what a total waste of money. Next year its returning to a Holiday Village. I wont, avoid at all costs.

Room tip: Avoid booking a swim up room if its raining !!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family