ZenHotels.com
Etrip
StayForLong
Travelocity
All reviews great holiday animation team filled with sea water club dance hard work this wonderful hotel water polo big thanks cleaned every day momo pools wadja dancing nino tennis coach
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Me and a friend recently stayed in the hotel as a last minute booking for a nice summer break! When we arrived the staff at reception were very helpful and friendly!
There was plenty of activities to do in the day with the animation team, or relaxing around the very clean pools or nice hot beach!
There was a local supermarket across the road for anything you may need, but we found most stuff we needed was already in the hotel!
The animation team were brilliant, so friendly and always very chatty. The shows they do are very funny and entertaining and kept you busy throughout the day with a range of activities and then all the way through to the evening with entertainment and the disco!
Overall the hotel was very nice, clean and tidy and I would be happy to visit again!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Gemma T
Cléopatre M, Responsable commercial at Mediterranee Thalasso Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guests,

thank you very much. We are pleased learning we meet your expectations during your holiday
and you enjoyed the cleaniless, food and animation, as well as the service.

We are looking forward welcoming you back anytime.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have just returned from a weeks holiday and wanted to let you know what an enjoyable time we both had. This was our first all inclusive holiday and we were very impressed with what you had to offer. The food was out of this world, so much to choose from and so much of it, I can't believe how some people are writing negative comments about this, it was faultless!!!!!
All the staff are friendly and those that are saying different are not perhaps too polite themselves!!!!
No complaints with our room whatsoever, we were on the ground floor with a view over the back garden which was lovely and peaceful, the room itself was spotless and comfortable.
We were entertained throughout the day by the Animation Team, all of whom work so hard and always with smiles on their faces, special thanks to Momo, Christ and Ferez(I think that's how it's spelt!!!!), who always took the time to have a chat.
The evening shows were brilliant, again a lot of hard work gone into this by the Animation Team, one night they finished their show about 10.30 and an hour later they were painting the outdoor theatre!!!!
We did go to the Medina but did not enjoy the experience(too much hassle!!!!!), but really you don't need to go outside of the hotel as there is everything you need there. Would recommend the gift shop just down the road, lots to offer and NO hassle.
Finally, just to reiterate what a great holiday we had with you and will definitely be coming back again, just wish I was still there now!!!! Thank you :-)

Room tip: Had a ground floor room overlooking back garden, lovely and peaceful.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank 710Mandy
Cléopatre M, Responsable commercial at Mediterranee Thalasso Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guests,

thank you so much - your kind review is just amazing. We are more than delighted reading you spent a perfect holiday with us at the smartline Mediterranee Hotel.

Please feel welcome anytime.

We are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Bought this holiday from Thomas Cook for myself and my son because it was so cheap, so we really weren't expecting much!

We arrived fairly late, but there was a cold meal awaiting us, which was unexpected, and then we went to our twin room, which turned out to be a double bed! It took three days before the hotel was able to move us - and unfortunately it was to a room which wasn't a patch on our original one, but on the other hand we didn't spend that much time there anyway; I'm not sure whether this is the hotel's fault for not reading the booking from Thomas Cook, or the latter. I would agree that there is a definite problem with only having one spare socket if you have multiple devices to use/charge, but that didn't present a problem for us. The a/c seemed to work but didn't seem to chill the room an awful lot.

The first morning we did a recce of the grounds, and they are lovely! Next step was to find somewhere in the shade for me, and I found a table near the pool bar which had a large umbrella, which is where I spent the next week.

From my spot I was able to observe the pool bar staff at close quarters - and what a shower they are!! You can stand there for five minutes whilst they shout at each other and completely ignore anyone wanting a drink - and this wasn't a one off. On one occasion I went for a drink at 4.55 (the bar closes at 5pm), and the one person there was cashing up and completely ignored me; on another occasion my son was there at 4.45 waiting to order, some Germans/East Europeans came up and pushed in (more of this later!), were served, and then my son (who runs two pubs in the UK) was told that the bar was closed. The staff there were extremely surly and, quite frankly, a disgrace to Tunisia.

The chambermaid was great, a charming lady with whom I communicated in broken English, French and German - she did a great job of keep our room clean.

The biggest problem, however, was the restaurant. For a start it was a bit like a canteen - no charm or atmosphere whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, I prefer a buffet, but preferably a buffet that hasn't been stripped within 15 minutes of opening time. The only occasion that I had a dessert is when I went and got that before I had my salad! There is a fairly wide choice, but I must say that the majority had been overcooked or was tired. Why do people have to pile their plates so high and then leave a lot (see above)? There are an awful lot of pigs out there... and this is without mentioning nationalities! It was difficult to get to know the staff as we never knew where we could actually get a free table.

The entertainment team did a great job, even though I didn't participate, and we met some great people.

Finally a warning - there's a little place over the road from the hotel which calls itself a supermarket but doesn't really sell a lot which has a charming conman who turns up and paints your hand with "henna", telling you it's a present - BEWARE!! It's not a present, and it's not henna ("Don't wash it for five hours!") - and then he charges you. He sizes you up and decides how much you can afford - several people in the hotel fell for it, and we were all charged differently.

Would I go here again? For a cheap holiday, yes - it was relaxing, and the weather was perfect; but the food was repetitive, and I don't like being knocked aside when I'm trying to serve myself.

Room tip: It seems to be a long walk wherever you are!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guests,

Thank you sharing your holiday expierence with us on TripAdvisor. We are sorry we couldn’t meet your expectations this time . Nevertheless you mentioned so many positives: the cleaniliness, the staff, the ground,the animation team.

We would be pleased welcoming you back one day – to get another impression.
Kind regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed for a week, wish we'd stayed longer.

Traveled with my Wife, Dad and Brother and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Rooms are dated, with only 1 power socket however cleaned daily with fresh towels and bed linen.

Beach is great, as is the seawater pool!
Can be a little tricky getting served at the bar at night, however tip a waiter and they'll look after you for the rest of your stay.

Food is very good, always something good to eat.

Things to improve on:
1. More power points in the rooms
2. All inclusive beer at the beach bar
3. Perhaps offer a 1 time use of the pool bar restaurant as part of the all inclusive package.
4. Extend the Beurau De Change times, and make sure they stick to the same rules for everyone. (We were refused an exchange of £100, but person behind wasn't?)
5. WiFi - almost impossible to get on, except when reception area was very quiet.

However, would happily go back and recommend to friends and family.

Room tip: Make sure you check your rooms when you check in. I'd booked 2 twin's, but were given 2 doubles, which we weren't told about until we had gotten to our rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Cléopatre M, Responsable commercial at Mediterranee Thalasso Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much sharing your personal holiday experience with us on TripAdvisor; your detailed feedback got our main interest – especially the points where we didn’t meet your expectations. They will be forwarded to the relevant departments in order to start improvements where required – thank you for mentioning. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
We are pleased to notice you enjoyed the seawater pools, the room cleanness, and the service and would like welcoming you back, why not during another season – to exceed your expectations next time.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I were after a cheeky week away from the grind of heavy workloads where we could absorb some sunshine, drink some cocktails and read a couple of books by the pool. We got exactly what we wished for and couldn't have asked for better for the price we paid.

On arrival late at night, we we taken to the restaurant for a plated salad, fruit and bottles of water which was most welcome whilst our bags were taken to our room.

The room was cleaned every day and the lady who looked after our housekeeping was wonderful.

There are 3 big pools at the hotel, a tranquil one (which we used every day), the families pool where the animations took place & an indoor pool. Every day, no matter what time you wanted to go down to the pool, it was easy to get a sunbed & the attendants brought you mattresses etc & laid out your towels for you. No need to get up at stupid o'clock to put a towel out! Bliss.

The food was very pleasant. I actually think that during the course of the week, I ate my own body weight in very tasty lamb. Naturally that would not be to everyone's taste but there was a good selection of cuisines every day. Beautiful breads & salads & pizza & chips for the stalwarts who like to keep it simple!! Our waiter Wallim had our table and wine waiting for us every lunch / dinner. The only suggestion I would have is to give an option to eat outside in the evenings - it did get unbearably hot in the restaurant and the option to be able to eat outside at dusk would have been amazing!

The bar staff are also very friendly and helpful and the occasional tip of a dinar granted us regular poolside service to save us dragging our sorry selves to the bar.

Chris, Britt & the animation guys worked very hard - even though we were a bit of a lost cause to them as we did not want to play boules or archery or go to the shows, they came round for a friendly chat and left us to our own devices without any pressure.

Overall the hotel is spectacular & the beach beautiful. I would recommend the place to all & in fact one of my colleagues has booked up to take her daughters there at the end of July on my recommendation. I would definitely go back again myself ......if there wasn't so much of the world left to see!!

Room tip: We had a room overlooking the quite pool & gardens (room 2004) - was bliss!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,

thank you very much. We are pleased learning you enjoyed your holiday with us at the smartline
Mediterranee and you loved espacially the room, pool, the service of our team and the good food.

We would be delighted welcoming you back - to exceed your expectations again.