2,041 results
All reviews star prestige animation team piano bar pizza every member of staff plenty of choice main restaurant plenty of sunbeds pool attendant two weeks aqua aerobics life guards choice of food an amazing holiday bottled water evening shows turkey
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Well yet again we had an amazing time at the Iberostar Diar El Andelous.
We never tire of visiting this hotel , the hotels location on the beach makes it perfect to go between the pool and the sea.
What as ever , makes this hotel our favourite to visit are the wonderful people who work there.
Although the hotel is beautiful , comfortable and spotlessly clean , it's real appeal are the staff who make you feel so welcome.
We literally feel like we are going back to see friends ( in fact we have made many friends here, over the years ).
Nothing is to much trouble for the staff , I have asked for birthday cakes , flowers , phone top up , places to visit to name a few and everytime they have been so helpful.
Even if there is something they cannot help with , they direct you where you can get what you need .
I am a very plain and fussy eater ( which is annoying , as the food is world class here ).
Luckily unlike me my husband and children love everything on offer.
There is every food you can imagine there and all freshly cooked.
For the rare fussy people like me , the patient and lovely staff kindly organise some plain food .
From gorgeous fresh fish and grilled succulent meats to delicious salads and amazing desserts ( my personal favourite are the little banana and custard pastries).

The chefs are real artists , carving amazing patterns out of fruit and vegetables, so everything is displayed beautifully.

The animation team are so hard working and always smiling helping and entertaining from the young to the old.

The diligent maid and Porter service are a hundred percent reliable .
The bar , restaurant , reception, spa and security staff are all welcoming and genuinely amicable.
From the moment you arrive, it's as if you have been transported to a fantasy land , as we have never been to a hotel where all the different tourists from all sorts of countries all just get on.
We may not speak all the same language , but what is so nice is that everyone smiles and people are genuinely happy there ( that's why we call it fantasy land ) , as in real life the world is not like that unfortunately.
All I can say is from top management to the lovely gardeners and maids , everyone is welcoming.
We return in a couple of weeks for another holiday , which we cannot wait for.
We definitely recommend people should visit to find out for themselves.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

I booked a holiday using Hotels.com which is a sister company of Expedia. I paid for an upgraded room 'Star Prestige' for over £400 which turned out to be a room not the 3rd floor with sea & pool view. None of the so called extra services were available to me or offered to me. Quite honestly there was not much difference between a standard room and the upgraded room. It seemed like an elaborate hoax!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Diar El Andalous, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Dear Guest,

We are very disappointed to read about the experience you had during your stay at IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous during check in and whilst an apology we know will regrettably not change the outcome of the experience you had, we do extend it with all sincerity.

It is very important that we point out that the initial cause of your problem at check in was due to your tour operator cancelling your original booking without informing you prior to your arrival with us.

We empathize with you on how inconvenient this must have been for you, however our receptionists are obliged to receive payment for our guests room prior to the room being occupied as a standard requirement of our hotel.

Moreover, we are aware that a mutually beneficial agreement was reached between yourself and our hotels management which is excellent news and we hope that you were able to enjoy the rest of your holiday in our hospitality.

Again we thank you for sharing your concerns with us and the Tripadvisor community and hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Yours Faithfully,

Quality Manager
IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Nice lobby and room decoration
Internal pool super + sun shine throw glass !! Only 1 problem of it that u need to go outside the hotel(in cold weather) to access it, they need to build access throw lobby
staff are good!
Very calm and relaxing place
Really enjoy my stay there !

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

I came here with mom, and she was looking for calm vacation, just sea and relax. I was very surprised with what this hotel had to offer! There are options for people that want to have calm vacation by the sea AND the ones that wanna have fun!
At the day time there are dances by the pool, Yoga, aqua gym, pool games, darts, games for kids, ping pong, I bet I haven't seen all the things that were available.. There is a show every evening, so you won't be bored, and a lobby bar with a variety of drinks. At the restaurant waiters serve the drinks every meal (water, soda, beer, wines), the food: there are always few kinds of fish, chicken, beef, pork, many cheeses, always many fruits (watermelon, melon, plums, I don't know what others are called), maaany desserts, ice cream, salads. In the morning they serve fresh juice. I haven't tried restaurant a la carte though, but I heard there is Tunisian and Italian food.
The animation team is awesome! They do games with little kids, they invite everyone for daily activities, but won't insist if you don't feel like moving from your sun bed :)
Our room was pretty spacey, with big comfy bed. It was cleaned every day, and of course they make swans out of your towels haha! We always left tips for housekeepers but they never took it. But if you tip a waiter at the restaurant, you can be sure next dinner he will bring you an ice cold bottle of wine haha! We couldn't help but tip, all staff is super friendly.
Overall, I couldn't be happier with our vacation. Mom is happy too, though it's easier to make her happy - she only needs sea nearby and good food;)
Thank you Iberostar for our perfect getaway ❤️ till next time..

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2016

I do not know how people can write good stuff about this hotel. I have known the hotel since 1987 but this Iberostar and ranovation did not do the place justice. It used to be a palace with top notch service and food in the late 80s and 90s. Now nothing remains. Seems that the new owners only go for scores: full hotel for low prices; high rankings on tripadvisor to lure more people... etc... I left after 2 days and returned to my all time favourite; the Hasdrubal hotel. Although that hotel is down the list on Tripadvisor, it is the best in the area! I will nver return to the Diar El Adalous unless the management changes and majr adaptations will be implemented.

Room tip: Star Prestige
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Diar El Andalous, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Although we are very surprised to read your comments relating to your recent holiday at IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous, we do thank you for having chosen our hotel for your holiday in Tunisia.

We are deeply sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations and more importantly not having been informed whilst you were here in our hospitality as it would have given us an opportunity to primarily find a solution to any issues you were not particularly happy with and more importantly ensure that you were then able to fully enjoy your holiday with IBEROSTAR.

Our main commitment is to provide the best vacation experiences to our guests, based on the service given by professionals and the delivery of high quality products and we hope you will give us another opportunity to change your impression of our company by providing you with a wonderful holiday experience with us in the future.

Yours Sincerely