“Riu imperial maharaja, no issues with building work. Relax I'm here now writing this 18/8/11.”

and 1 more site!
STEIGENBERGER Kantaoui Bay
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Just a quick review, we arrived here late last night and this is day one for us. The building work is very minor can't say it's effected anyone, it's going on but there is no noise from it and the hotel is running as it should be. The only thing not open is the nightclub as the roof collapsed.
So far were having a nice time I'll re- review it again once I'm home but wanted to do this now to stop people worrying about building works and holidays from he'll lol.
The staff have been very friendly, and welcoming, breakfast was ace so was lunch any fussy eater will eat as I did lol and I don't like much veg.
There has been no rushing for sun beds by the pool or beach it's very relaxed and everyone here is chilled out.
If like me you like a coffee in the morning in your room bring a travel kettle mug spoon and the nescafe three in one ready mixed coffee, as there is nothing in the rooms only down by the pool.
Free soft drinks and water in the mini bar in your room is good, ask by 12 at reception and it's refilled.
All inclusive drinks.. Wine is awful, beer the usual you'd expect, but lots of cocktails for the girls.
Staff entertain by the pool and in the evening, not something to write home about but nice to chill to after a restful day in the sun. Water sports on the beach are reasonable priced, a little hassle by beach sellers but they need to earn a living, the pool chilling is better with a short walk to the beach for a change.
Beach and room towels are proived.
That's it for now, I'm off to dinner, will update in a few days.
Again no one should worry about building works, come here spend nothing and chill by the pool.
TTFN BERNIE

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Shandistorm

Reviewed 18 August 2011

This was my 2nd time at the hotel and would definitely go again. The staff are brilliant, always there to help, they work so hard and are always smiling! The rooms are spotless as are the communal areas, you'll see this being maintained all day every day. The rooms have been renovated since I was there last year to a high standard, they were great as they were but much better now. There is building work going on but this was only visible to me, I didn't hear anything. The animation team are so hardworking, trying to involve everyone, old and young with activities, I didn't see my 11 year old son all week, they kept him so busy. Food is lovely, lots to choose from, I love meat my friend is a veggie, we both left the dining room satisfied every time.
Just one downside......... I had my bag snatched OUTSIDE the hotel , near the shops so I would reccomend that you stick to excursions with your Rep, Katie who is very good too. This hasn't changed my mind about this hotel or Tunisia, it's fantastic.
I will always visit this hotel when I go to Tunisia. The staff make the holiday so successful!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Jo B
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We arrived around 10pm and were offered no refreshments but they had kept food for us and our mini bar was well stocked. Our room was lovely after the refurb, clean, fresh and a good size.
The hotel itself is very impressive and on the whole the staff are helpful, friendly and if given a tip will provide an even better service.
My Husband and I found the food a little repetative, and I struggled being a vegetarian. Their idea of vegetarian food was to provide vegetables. I had to resort to buying nuts from the hotel shop. on the plus side my Husband loved the cooked breakfast selection and the freshly cooked muffins are to die for.
It was a little dirty around the pool at times because of the buliding works so make sure you have some wet wipes and you'll be fine.
There are loads of wasps around the drinks and we only saw one person get stung. Nothing much the hotel can do about it as the drinks are outside, really convienient.
We got a taxi to and from the Port (5TD each way) which was well worth it, some lovely shops, fountains and boats. You are asked to enter most of the shop but not hassled like in Egypt.
The annimation team try their best and it's fun to watch/join in during the day but a little boring at night. Also the drink selection is quiet limited so bear that in mind when you visit.
We asked all week to keep our room for a late check out to be told....no problem, pay on the last day, so after breakfast with no packing done we went to pay to be told abruptly...No! you can't you must leave at 12 but we can offer you a shower room for 40 mins!!!
We had planned to sunbathe on our balcony and pack a little at a time. I got really upset so my Husband asked to speak to the Manager who in the end offered us an alternative room for 40TD, we has to throw everything into our cases and a porter took us to our new room round the corner. On entring the room it was identical to the room we'd just left with a similar view. Why move us and cause all the upheaval and upset??
On the whole it was a lovely holiday but I'm not sure we'd return because of the possibility of being over crowded when the new rooms are ready.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank neffa
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed in the riu imperial in August, it was our first visit to Tunisia. When we went to book our holiday in April and the travel agent suggested Tunisia to us we were a bit dubious it was not somewere we had ever thought of going but the travel agent told us only positive and good things about the riu chain of hotels. Upon arrival we were certainly not dissapointed, we were greeted by the porter at the hotel who took care of our luggage, we were given cocktails upon arrival and even the hotel manager came and introtuced himself to us, they upgraded our room from a standard room to a suite at no extra cost which we needed as our 15 year old son was holidaying with us. The hotel itself was immaculate, the lobby was outstanding, the bar areas were lovely and spacious and the restraunt was very organised with 2 sittings per night, myself and my husband found the food to be of high quality with a wide range of choice, where as my son did struggle a bit as he wasnt as adventourous as us, although he did love the pancakes and the freshly made pasta dishes. The pool area was fab with no problem at all finding a sunbed. Our favourite time of the day was going down to the beach bar & restraunt where you could have your dinner looking out to the red sea, WONDERFUL!!
So all in all we found this holiday superb, must say staff are the friendliest and most helpful we have come across on any holiday, (apart from the cleaner who kept on telling us it was her last day, after tipping her 10 dinar we kept bumping into her) cant wait to come back next year, we were very impressed :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank steve g
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Have just returned from this hotel. Having been before I did not look at reviews and was a little worried when I read about the building work. Honestly, I heard about five minutes of drilling one afternoon (we were out there for a fortnight!) and perhaps a little hammering in the distance one morning - absolutely nothing to worry about if you are going. All I can say is "lucky you" and I can't wait to go back.

It was a restful fortnight and we met some lovely people. The hotel was extremely clean (including all the communal areas) and there was a wide variety of food from local cuisine to chips at all meals. All the staff were friendly and worked very hard to please. A dinar or two at lunch or in the evening now and again just gives the waiters a little extra as they really do not earn a lot and tirelessly deliver the drinks to you all evening on the terrace.

We didn't see much of the entertainment during the evening as were happy to sit and drink on the terrace, but joined in some of the daily activities such as the aqua aerobics, water polo etc which was a lot of fun and got you moving from the sunbed! Plenty of sunbeds even after breakfast. I think the hotel wasn't full as some people had avoided it due to the building works - I think this did us a huge favour as it wasn't busy anywhere.

If you are thinking about booking this hotel or are going you will have a lovely time. Lucky you!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
0.0 km away
Hotel Kantaoui Bay
Hotel Kantaoui Bay
#22 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui

Been to STEIGENBERGER Kantaoui Bay? Share your experiences!