US$220
US$117
Iberostar Diar El Andalous(Port El Kantaoui)
US$260
  • Beachfront
LTI Bellevue Park(Port El Kantaoui)
US$134
US$131
  • Pool
El Kantaoui Center(Port El Kantaoui)
US$50
US$34
  • Pool
Marhaba Palace Hotel(Port El Kantaoui)
US$108
US$105
El Mouradi Palm Marina(Port El Kantaoui)
US$137
Orbitz.com
US$137
  • Pool
Palmyra Beach(Port El Kantaoui)
US$66
HotelsClick
  • Beachfront
US$480
1,865 results
All reviewssea viewanimation teammain restaurantpancakesbar staffwonderful holidaypool barbeefentertainmenttunisiaantsgerman
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This was my 2nd time at the hotel and would definitely go again. The staff are brilliant, always there to help, they work so hard and are always smiling! The rooms are spotless as are the communal areas, you'll see this being maintained all day every day. The rooms have been renovated since I was there last year to a high standard, they were great as they were but much better now. There is building work going on but this was only visible to me, I didn't hear anything. The animation team are so hardworking, trying to involve everyone, old and young with activities, I didn't see my 11 year old son all week, they kept him so busy. Food is lovely, lots to choose from, I love meat my friend is a veggie, we both left the dining room satisfied every time.
Just one downside......... I had my bag snatched OUTSIDE the hotel , near the shops so I would reccomend that you stick to excursions with your Rep, Katie who is very good too. This hasn't changed my mind about this hotel or Tunisia, it's fantastic.
I will always visit this hotel when I go to Tunisia. The staff make the holiday so successful!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Jo B
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We arrived around 10pm and were offered no refreshments but they had kept food for us and our mini bar was well stocked. Our room was lovely after the refurb, clean, fresh and a good size.
The hotel itself is very impressive and on the whole the staff are helpful, friendly and if given a tip will provide an even better service.
My Husband and I found the food a little repetative, and I struggled being a vegetarian. Their idea of vegetarian food was to provide vegetables. I had to resort to buying nuts from the hotel shop. on the plus side my Husband loved the cooked breakfast selection and the freshly cooked muffins are to die for.
It was a little dirty around the pool at times because of the buliding works so make sure you have some wet wipes and you'll be fine.
There are loads of wasps around the drinks and we only saw one person get stung. Nothing much the hotel can do about it as the drinks are outside, really convienient.
We got a taxi to and from the Port (5TD each way) which was well worth it, some lovely shops, fountains and boats. You are asked to enter most of the shop but not hassled like in Egypt.
The annimation team try their best and it's fun to watch/join in during the day but a little boring at night. Also the drink selection is quiet limited so bear that in mind when you visit.
We asked all week to keep our room for a late check out to be told....no problem, pay on the last day, so after breakfast with no packing done we went to pay to be told abruptly...No! you can't you must leave at 12 but we can offer you a shower room for 40 mins!!!
We had planned to sunbathe on our balcony and pack a little at a time. I got really upset so my Husband asked to speak to the Manager who in the end offered us an alternative room for 40TD, we has to throw everything into our cases and a porter took us to our new room round the corner. On entring the room it was identical to the room we'd just left with a similar view. Why move us and cause all the upheaval and upset??
On the whole it was a lovely holiday but I'm not sure we'd return because of the possibility of being over crowded when the new rooms are ready.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank neffa
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed in the riu imperial in August, it was our first visit to Tunisia. When we went to book our holiday in April and the travel agent suggested Tunisia to us we were a bit dubious it was not somewere we had ever thought of going but the travel agent told us only positive and good things about the riu chain of hotels. Upon arrival we were certainly not dissapointed, we were greeted by the porter at the hotel who took care of our luggage, we were given cocktails upon arrival and even the hotel manager came and introtuced himself to us, they upgraded our room from a standard room to a suite at no extra cost which we needed as our 15 year old son was holidaying with us. The hotel itself was immaculate, the lobby was outstanding, the bar areas were lovely and spacious and the restraunt was very organised with 2 sittings per night, myself and my husband found the food to be of high quality with a wide range of choice, where as my son did struggle a bit as he wasnt as adventourous as us, although he did love the pancakes and the freshly made pasta dishes. The pool area was fab with no problem at all finding a sunbed. Our favourite time of the day was going down to the beach bar & restraunt where you could have your dinner looking out to the red sea, WONDERFUL!!
So all in all we found this holiday superb, must say staff are the friendliest and most helpful we have come across on any holiday, (apart from the cleaner who kept on telling us it was her last day, after tipping her 10 dinar we kept bumping into her) cant wait to come back next year, we were very impressed :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank steve g
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Have just returned from this hotel. Having been before I did not look at reviews and was a little worried when I read about the building work. Honestly, I heard about five minutes of drilling one afternoon (we were out there for a fortnight!) and perhaps a little hammering in the distance one morning - absolutely nothing to worry about if you are going. All I can say is "lucky you" and I can't wait to go back.

It was a restful fortnight and we met some lovely people. The hotel was extremely clean (including all the communal areas) and there was a wide variety of food from local cuisine to chips at all meals. All the staff were friendly and worked very hard to please. A dinar or two at lunch or in the evening now and again just gives the waiters a little extra as they really do not earn a lot and tirelessly deliver the drinks to you all evening on the terrace.

We didn't see much of the entertainment during the evening as were happy to sit and drink on the terrace, but joined in some of the daily activities such as the aqua aerobics, water polo etc which was a lot of fun and got you moving from the sunbed! Plenty of sunbeds even after breakfast. I think the hotel wasn't full as some people had avoided it due to the building works - I think this did us a huge favour as it wasn't busy anywhere.

If you are thinking about booking this hotel or are going you will have a lovely time. Lucky you!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank JennyBevan
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My family and I have just returned from 2 weeks at the Imperial Marhaba. Our family consists of myself and wife (in our 40's), 13yr and 9yr old sons and mother in law (70's).
Upon arrival we were greeted by a porter who quickly took our cases and check in and room allocation was quick and efficient. A cooling drink was provided whilst we completed the registration cards.
My wife and I had a twin room (115) and my mother in law and our boys were given a fabulous suite (112). The suite was totally unexpected and was large, airy, clean and the air conditioning was fantastic. Our twin room was clean but nothing particularly special, just a standard hotel room. The same maid cleaned both rooms and did a good job. Little touches like leaving sweets on the pillow and making animal patterns from the towels were lovely.
There is still building work going on to complete the new wing, and you can hear this at times when staying around the poolside. Thomsons are definitely incorrect in advising that windows are just being put in, as jack-hammers, sanders etc are still being used. However, having said that, it really didn't disturb us and once the animation team put the music on you cant hear very much.
Food:- Brilliant. Lots of choice at every meal and if you cant find something for your taste you really must be a fussy eater. Excellent salad bar and fresh pasta bar always available. Puddings/sweets are amazing and we all came home gaining far too many pounds. Gentleman - you must wear long trousers at night.
Lunchtime is taken at the outside restaurant - again lots of choice and self-service for everything. There are a few wasps hanging around the food/drinks stations and it can be a little off putting but putting that aside the lunchtime choices are varied and good quality.
Entertainment:- The animation team try their best, and all 4 of the team were very friendly and never pushy. After speaking with a couple of the ladies from the animation team it would seem they would like to offer more but the management just wont allow them, as they want to keep the pool activities etc to a minimum.
Gym:- No air conditioning - for anyone who really enjoys the gym you can get by but the standard is not very good. Definitely not 5* quality gym more like 2*
We spent most evenings on the patio area after dinner with drinks waiters coming round to take your orders. A few dinars here and there really do make the difference as to the quality of service you receive, however, we were particularly fond of Badie as he really made our holiday with his lovely smile, excellent memory for drinks and brilliant personality. The only downside of the evenings were that if you wanted to have any entertainment, the animation team herded everyone down to a conference type room with a small stage that felt very isolated from the lovely atmosphere of sitting outside enjoying a drink. Piped music or a piano playing outside would have made all the difference.
Pool:- Lovely and clean, beds readily available but once the new wing is opened (200+ extra people) it will definitely not be big enough. We paid the pool man 10 dinars each week and he made sure 4 sun-beds were kept for us each morning. There is a coffee/drinks machine available for self-service from 10am and yes there are a lot of wasps around the Sprite/Coke etc but whilst we were there, no-one was stung as they seem very lazy and a gently wave of the hands moves them away from the drink dispenser. On occasion, the bar staff from the lunchtime session bring round water melon & Sangria to the sun beds which was a lovely touch.
Overall the hotel is truly magnificent and kept very clean. Little touches here and there would make this truly a 5* but the staff are all very friendly and professional but we do have a concern that once the new wing is open, the pool, restaurant, patio area at night will just not be able to accommodate the additional numbers.
On a separate note, there is a new Spa available at a cost, however, my wife and her mum took a look at the prices and soon decided against any treatments. It looks fabulous and the facilities within the Spa are of excellent quality, however, just too expensive and all the time we were there, did not see anyone use it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family