Lowest prices for your stay
US$13
US$14
Priceline
US$11
Hotels.comUS$13
otelz.comUS$13
Trip.comUS$14
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 April 2019 via mobile

I’m so conflicted over this review because I really wanted it to be all positive. It’s a small but lovely hotel with great staff. We stayed in the apartment at the side of the hotel and it was large and had great views. It was clean but needed some updating and a little bit of TLC. The breakfast was bread and cheese and was really basic but adequate. We ate a couple of times in the evening in the restaurant and the food was great. We went out of season and the spa wasn’t open and facilities were limited. There is a resident dog who wanders in and out of the restaurant, it didn’t bother us but I could see it being a problem to some guests. The hill up to the hotel definitely takes your breath away and is definitely not the place for you if you have mobility problems. All in all we had a pleasant stay and maybe facilities would be better in season. They definitely need to have some comfy seating area indoors as we had to wait until 9pm for transfer and only place to wait was either in the restaurant or outside near the outdoor reception.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank R9678JKjulien
Reviewed 30 January 2019

Before staying at Sonata, I had been in Alanya for several weeks, and thought I may try self-catering.

When went to look, the room I was shown was lovely, with panoramic views. I booked for 5 nights, paying a deposit of about a third.

When I came to check-in my room wasn't ready. I was told an hour, so went for a walk...when I came back three hours later, it still not ready. After another 40 or so mins, I was taken to room, after being asked to pay the balance.

It wasn't the room I had looked at. It was dark, dated, and overlooked by restaurant - so close that when I opened the curtain, I caught the eye of someone in there!

I asked to change the room, and was told maybe the next day. The facilities were basic, and I couldn't see myself cooking there. The kettle wasn't working - I told someone twice, but wasn't replaced.

I decided to check-out the next morning. I asked about refund, but was told I could stay at hotel another time.

As I don't want to go back, I emailed to ask if they could meet me half-way, which I thought fair.. but was told they have a no refund policy.

It seemed a nice enough place, although quite basic kitchen etc..I was looking forward to staying there, and really liked the quiet location, but perhaps lacking in the customer relations department:)

Maybe a good idea to try for a few days..or don't pay upfront!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Villa S, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Villa Sonata, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2019

Dear Our Guest; Firstly, thank you for your interest and comments The problem about your late check in and wrong room type is because the guest in the room which you are going to take did not leave the room and wanted to stay one more day. We tryed to explain them that this room has already beed booked but we could not let them out. That is why we are late to make your room ready and more over could not arrange the correct room. The only solution was to wait for one more night. Under normal conditions according to our nonrefundable policy we can not back payment but in this situation we could not give you what you booked. So my office mate had wrong prosedure for you. If you write us an e-mail related to this comment we can make you back payment or free reservation according to you request. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 December 2018

I came for a winter relaxing rest on the back of the excellent reviews, but I was sadly disappointed.
On arrival it looked as though they were closed for the season and well they might have well of been.
The guy as lovely as he was did not speak any English at all.
He took my passport and then showed me to my room, I am a single lone traveller and they wanted to put me into a room on the ground floor which beside smelling of damp was not ideal for safety reasons.
I was told to upgrade would be a further 5.00 euros a day.
I went to the room and then went to get provisions. after negotiating a very dark and very steep hill I got to the stores at the bottom had to get a taxi back or I would have had a heart attack.
I went to the fridge not working called the helpful guy but as he could not speak English hard to explain the problem.
He got someone on the phone who did speak English he said we will move you again and waiver the cost very good of them.
I went to the bar for a beer very austere environment some people not very friendly and not English no food menus so back to room.
Next morning still not unpacked went to breakfast.
I am very used to Turkish breakfast but stale bread and sour milk are not the norm.
The hotel has a lot of cats and Kittens to which Meow all night and poop on the doorstep of the rooms [granted maids clean up but still not nice]
The landings are very poorly lit as I found to my dismay.
I was going to reception after a rainy day got to the spiral marble staircase proceeded to make my way down and after only being on the 3rd step my feet went from under me on the slippy floor and I came crashing down with the step hitting me across my lower back.
I was in agony could not move and felt like I was going to faint. I was shouting help for 5 mins before any one came.
They assisted me to my room but then when I went to use the phone to call reception it did not work.
I had to try to get myself across the landing to the nearest room and use theirs to call the Dr.
The moral of this story is do not expect it to look like the photos and do not go if you can only speak English.

Room tip: best rooms are on 4th floor
Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank J00ls59

Dear Our Guest; Firstly, thank you for your interest and comments In winter time due to less reservations and less people hotel sometimes looks like it is closed but the staff is on work. Our garden floors are safe and some people likes them more than upfloors. However if you still want to change offcourse we can. But I noticed that our all other standart rooms were occupied at that period so we had to have 5€per day to upgrade your room type to an upper class. Our restaurant is closed for some period in winter time. At that period hotel has only BB pansion.
We are very sorry about your fall in the stairs. But you can be sure that we offcourse take action on time when we have the information about the accident and call the doctor if needed. Our guests and human healty is our first priority.

Reviewed 12 December 2018

Hi to all travellers,

I am a "digital nomad", traveling here and there during our
cold winters.

I recommend this place, if you prefer a family-style hotel
instead of all inclusive holidays.

Rooms, the graet views, breakfast, lunch and dinner are
excellent value 4 the money! I look forward to come again!

Rooms on upper floors (3+4) have the best views ;-)

Greatly recommended, they offer excellent sevice.

Juergen

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Very quirky boutique hotel. Doesn’t appear to be favoured much by the British. Mostly European visitors and the breakfast buffet reflected this. Lots of olives, salad and soups! The lovely chef made omelettes though and toasted our fresh bread for us. Evening meals were all lovely with excellent attention to detail. Very steep hill up to the hotel which few drivers would attempt. Easy to get used to it but definitely not for people with mobility or respiratory issues. Also lots of steps up to some of the rooms. Lots of issues with hot water to two of our rooms which took some 4 days to sort out but eventually got there! Lovely staff too. Mustafa the head waiter was an absolute gem and very funny. He really made the stay brilliant.

Date of stay: November 2018