Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel&Resort
US$410
US$365
Priceline
2,786 results
All reviewszen restaurantoasis bartea houseanimation teamcafe bonjourlion kingturkeyguest relationsmain restaurantindoor poolfamily roomwalk in wardrobea la carte restaurantscover chargejacuzzi bathpanorama barice cream
Reviewed 25 February 2011

We stayed there last september for 8 days. When we arrived, they told us there was an overbooking so we got an upgrade to a suite instead of a regular room. The service was realy good! Realy friendly staff who knows what the're doing. The food was good, a lot of choice and they even had diet food and food for diabetics. We are planning to go back this year for our honeymoon!

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Patsyke25
Reviewed 24 February 2011

The Limak in located in Lara Beach, 30 mins east of Antalya. Local to the hotels in Lara Beach there are several 'shopping malls' and other smaller shops. Judging by the contents of many of these 'malls' it would seem that Lara Beach is the counterfeit clothing capital of Europe, although there are a sprinkling of more traditional souvenir shops!
Inside the Limak, the oriental theme is quite striking and well done with good quality fixtures and fittings that are clean and modern. There is free WIFI in the reception area. The oriental theme continues out into the grounds and pools which are meticulously maintained. At the time of my visit, there was maintenance work taking place in readiness for the main season but I didn't find this obstrusive at all. It shows that the hotel invests in the facilties for it's guests.
There are numerous restaurants and bars - some are seasonal - and the place is huge with so many places to hide if you feel like it. The spa facilities are great.
The quality of the food - personally speaking - was average but the variety reflected the continental nature of the guests at the time of my visit. There is always something to eat and drink.
My room was large and well appointed and was cleaned daily. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom spotless with good standard of fittings.
I was fortunate with the weather at my time of staying - always a gamble in winter - and this enhanced my stay at the Limak.
The staff are generally very friendly although I empathise with some of the other comments in relation to the male receptionists who tended to be rather aloof.
In summary, the Limak has much to offer and is very well appointed. The facilities are very diverse and numerous. It is clean and well maintained. Star ratings are very subjective but my own rating would be a 3.5 / 4 star, but I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank LAT72
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I will try to be as honest as I can be and remember this is my opinion only and I did travel off season.

We booked with Asdatravel and would say I would definitely use them again all went smoothly from tickets, transfers and such all happened to plan and saved a fair amount from Thomas Cook at this time of the year.

Flight – as is usual by TC standards cramped and no entertainment on the plane unless you rent the PSP at £8 per trip so make sure you have stuff for the kids.

We arrived and were greeted by our wee minibus transfer and travelled in about 20 minutes to Lara Beach and arrived at the hotel. We were greeted by a lovely porter and ushered into the hotel to check in, again by a really nice man on reception who went through all the usual and a smooth trip to the 3rd floor to our room.

Room – is a nice size for 3 of us we were facing right into the Concorde and it is very close and very noisy when they empty bins and such at 6am! The room had a king size and a proper single bed, along with storage areas, wardrobe area and sitting area with couch and chair with the balcony at that end. The furniture is all low down so people with mobility issues may have problems but all in all a nice room. The bathroom was also a good size and at check in we did have shower gel /shampoo, soap, cotton buds, conditioner and such there for us and 2 full sized bathrobes – a nice positive start! got Wifi from the Concorde though as the Limak don't provide it in the bedrooms this was good!

Maid Service – unfortunately this was a let down and at one point we had no toilet paper at all and had to borrow from our friends in the next room – was glad they were there! Also the conditioner, shampoo etc ran out after 3 days and was never topped up – I also dropped the cotton balls on the floor and they remained lying there for the rest of the week unmoved so obviously the floor was never cleaned and I know I could have moved them but didnt just to see! – this was annoyance 1 – our friends stock was also finished by day 3 and not replenished so it was not just us.

Buffet – was fine yes spaghetti is there from breakfast to dinner this was however a delight to my daughter and there was a lot of repeated items but the general quality of the buffet food was good and we all felt we had enough choice – although glad we were just there for a week. However there are birds everywhere and they do drop on the unsuspecting as they feel like it and the wall areas around the windows have lovely speckled patterns from them – so try sitting in the more enclosed areas of the buffet and only eat the stuff that has the lids closed on it or is freshly prepared!! – Annoyance 2

Guest relations – now what can I say – this was by far and away the worst member of staff I have ever encountered on any travels and how she has a job at the front of house is well beyond me and all the other guests I commented about her to! I could go into detail about how rude, arrogant and obnoxious she was but I was very close to demanding to speak to her supervisor and had it not been that I was with my daughter the 3 times I had the misfortune to talk to her would have told her exactly what she could do with her attitude – my daughter asked why was that lady so nasty which says it all really! I have no idea if it was because I spoke English, was Scottish, was female or whatever but to talk to any “customer” the way she did was shocking. – annoyance 3, 4 & 5

A La Carte - despite what the brochure says there is one restaurant open a day and 5 nights out of our 7 was the Italian at a 9E cover charge and the same menu – and to be honest was really disappointing – nice service but not the best food in the world – we opted for fillet steak all around to be told they had none and gave us entrecote covered in pepper – this was not great, thankfully the pudding was lovely. The Turkish was better, service was nice as was the setting and it was included in your All Inc.

Bar Service – this is where I think the hotel was the biggest let down – only about ¼ of drinks are included so be aware of that - and those that are, are not of the best quality – expect to pay 12E for a Pina Colada for example, 9 for a rum and coke etc. I am not sure about other people but I definitely was not aware of this when I booked and have never encountered this at any other AI visited – this is not so much AI as part inclusive – we asked and were advised the same drinks menu applies all year – you get a few more in summer if you are on ultra inclusive but still a very small amount in comparison to other hotels. Annoyance 6
Bar Staff – most at the lobby bar are really lovely with the exception of one who I will not name who refused eye contacted, ignored us when we tried to order drinks at the table as she picked up our glasses and yet we saw her laugh with others so again maybe she didn’t like Scottish / English / female guests not sure. Rest of that team however were brilliant, as was the staff we encountered at the Panorama bar and the Tea House. The Oasis must have been trained by the Guest Relations lady though as they were incredibly rude greeting you with a “What” and “Could you not have told me that drink with your beer request” or to my daughter who dared ask for a straw – “why?” and refused to give her one she was actually afraid to go into the Oasis when that person was about as she thought he didn’t like her! – you get the picture Annoyance 7!

Rest – the entertainment was fine had no issues it’s not to all tastes and the “Comedy show” was not for children unless you want them to see how different nationalities cope when the husband returns to find his wife in bed with another man! But the professional acts were good and passed a few hours – unfortunately mostly in the Oasis area! Plenty of seating area for you all over the place nice quiet areas too just make sure you go get a drink as table service was non-existent.
Indoor pool ok and glad it was there, kids loved the slide - lifeguard on 2 of the 7 days. Outdoor pools were quite dirty and freezing but it was off season so would expect this to be different in the summer when they are being used. Spa area was really smelly the day we were there so lasted 20 minutes. Beach again ok and would expect it to be lovely in the summer when the canopies and such were up. Bowling is very expensive as are all the items in the arcade so take tons of cash for that if the kids want to play anything.

All in all despite rather than because of the issues above I had a nice time and relaxed in the sun with my friends and will look to return to Turkey in February again – however I would never return to a Limak hotel and its nothing like as nice as the Cornelia Deluxe for example and should send some of their staff there for a day to see how to treat guests!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Alison M
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Cleanliness - staff members were constantly cleaning the hotel. Everything was spotless.

Location - the hotel is in the middle of nowhere really. There are hardly any bars or restaurants outside of the complex. The hotel is one of many on a strip of 5* all inclusive hotels, which explains why there isn't much else going on outside of the complex. To find other things to do, a trip to the city centre is necessary. (Taxis are more expensive here than anywhere I have ever been - We were informed by our rep that Turkey has the highest fuel prices in the world)

Rooms - our room was lovely, particularly the bathroom which was huge. The double room has a double and single bed, plus a bed settee. We had a large flat screen tv (limited English speaking channels though, only News and Fashion TV). The sea-view was restricted but very nice all the same. The fridge in our room didnt seem to keep anything particularly cool and there were no tea/coffee making facilities which would have been a welcomed touch.

Service - we had problems with our safe but someone came to our room to deal with it within an hour. We also needed extra toilet roll and also needced the mini bar replenished, yet someone came up within 10 minutes to sort them out. The majority of the hotel staff were extremely pleasant and made us feel very welcome. However, there were a few bar staff and waiters that seemed perturbed by our very presence. I suppose this can happen in any hotel. We were told that this was the first year that UK visitors had been to Antalya during the winter season. This was definitely apparent as most of the food and entertainment seemed to be geared around German visitors. We also found that certain bar staff would stop in the middle of serving us to make sure that German customers were served first. Very strange indeed. My friend complained about being treated as second class, as did another couple who were staying during the same week.

Value - we got such a good deal for a 5* hotel with all inclusive facilities. We paid just over £300 each to fly from Gatwick. Most of the drinks available at the hotel were not included in the 'all inclusive' package. I realise that imported alcohol is usually suplied at an extra fee, however I have been to other resorts where local copies of imported drinks have been on offer. Unfortunately this was not the case at this hotel, and I found it difficult to find a drink that I enjoy. I also need to point out that I am certain that the drinks were 'watered down'. At no point during the holiday did I feel even slightly merry after drinking anything provided by the hotel. However, my friend purchased some Sminoff vodka from duty free on the flight from Gatwick. One two occasions we decided to drink some of our own vodka instead of the hotel version. After a few glasses I was definitely feeling the difference!!! We have been told that the 'all inclusive' package changes during summer season, where more drinks are included (doesnt seem fair to be honest).
The food at this hotel was excellent. There was an unbelievable amount of choice every day, and the menus also changed daily. I found lots of different things to eat and was never bored with what was on offer. Only 3 of the 7 restaurants were open during our stay. This was due to it being Winter season.

Sleep Quality - the beds in our rooms were absolutely gorgeous in appearance yet were very hard to sleep on and I was achey most mornings. The was a hotel disco that boomed on until 2am daily. The could be heard vibrating through our room until it ended. Some other guests also commented on this.

I enjoyed my stay at Limak Lara but just wanted to give an honest insite into what we experienced. It was definitely worth the money, but we were expecting something 'out of this world' due to its 'PLATINUM' status in the Thomson brochure. Unfortuntely it didnt match up to its status. I have stayed in 4* hotels elsewhere that have been just as good.

I would only recommend this hotel to a friend if they wanted a cheap beach holiday and didn't want to leave the complex to explore what Turkey has to offer.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2011

We stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon. Although we were ecstatic with our room and the bars on arrival, this quickly changed on day two. We were given a nice room with a jacuzzi bath which had spectacular views of the sea and a nice spacious balcony. For the two weeks we stayed at the limak lara the jacuzzi bath didn't work, and although reported several times, remained unfixed for the duration of our stay. We were never informed or updated as to whether they were waiting for a new fuse for it etc. The male receptionist who checked us in was also very rude whenever we approached reception. We were very impressed with how often the housekeepers changed the sheets on our bed-but disappointed that the sheets in the babies cot were not changed atall during our stay. The jacuzzi bath was never cleaned, so I had to clean it myself everyday-plus none of the bathroom soaps etc were replenished during the two weeks. The dove and lux shower gels by the sink and shower were empty when we arrived, and remained so. We would also have liked our room to be hoovered more than the one time it was! Especially as this hotel is meant to be a five star!! The food at this hotel was utterly appaling. I was given an omelette one morning which wasn't cooked properly- and the majority of food was only luke -warm. The food here was some of the worst I have ever tasted-with most of the sauces and soups being particularly watery. I found it such a shame that the food be so diabolical as the restaurant and bar staff were tremendous. Guest relations, bar staff and waitresses really were excellent. The evening entertainment was rubbish except for the kenyan dancers.In regards to the food, many of the English people staying did notice that the hotel was very german based, which was a little disappointing as everyone is a paying guest and should be treated the same. The food in the italian was a little disappointing and didn't have enough choice, but I would recommend eating in the Turkish restaurant. I wouldn't stay in this hotel again as I thought we would be staying in a nice clean room and that I would be able to sample some really nice cuisine. Sadly this hotel didn't meet up to this. I have stayed in two/three star hotels and the rooms are cleaner and the food is to a much better standard. There are lots of chefs walking about, checking there is enough out-but really they would benefit from some of their senior chefs standing in the kitchen checking the food is even edible! My final point would also be that there is absolutely nothing to do in this resort except buy fake labels. Antalya is half an hour away by bus, and the resort is currently in the process of development. If that's the word.

• Stayed: February 2011