US$430
  • Restaurant
US$281
US$275
Cancelon
All reviewswater slidesgerman guestsplenty of wardrobe spaceevening entertainmentmain poolout of seasonstar hotelquiet poola la carte restaurantsturkish restaurantsnack bargreat holidaypoolslanguagerussianwaiterssunbeds
Reviewed 30 June 2015

We were really upset about our treatment at this hotel. We are not typical Brits abroad, we try and speak some of the language, we are polite and courteous and we don't get involved with all the activities, however, even for us this hotel was unbelievable. I appreciate this is a mainly German hotel, but we were treated like 2nd class citizens throughout our entire stay. Upon arrival a man was sent to speak to us, he was speaking German, we tried as best as we could to explain we were English and he laughed at us, then all the rest of the staff started laughing...not a great start. We had paid for an upgraded room, we got a disabled room with a balcony with no view (looks directly into the hotel opposite about 3 metres away and the only way we could tell what the weather was like was to hang over and peep upwards through the small opening between the buildings). We complained but were told the hotel was full (it was not, I know this as I the rooms around us were empty). Because we had a disabled room the toilet sat higher off the floor, meaning I if I was to sit on it my legs were left dangling, there were disability rails all over the place, and to be honest it felt like we were in a glorified hospital room.
We arrived late and were shown by the porter that we could go into the restaurant and have food, so we dumped our bags and went downstairs, the waiter in there huffed and puffed and told us we were sitting in the wrong place, pointing and making angry faces and noises...I was too tired to argue, so we moved. The next morning despite having the 'Do Not Disturb' light on, the maid came in, realised her mistake then left again, this happened on another occasion as well, not really good enough!
For the good bits, the hotel is very nice, its in good decorative order, the food was faultless and was really varied. My OH had a bit of a dodgy stomach a couple of days but he had been spending a lot of time in the pool and to be honest, I find this is usually the cause. The main pool was very lively LOTS of children running around and screaming, we even had 'Poogate' on one day when a child decided the kids pool was a toilet and left a rather large surprise behind, the staff drained the pool and cleaned it.
Back to the bad stuff, the staff's manners are absolutely non-existent if you are British. We were laughed at, made fun of, spoken about behind our backs (I understand enough body language, Turkish and German to make that out). Trying to get a drink in the restaurant was ridiculous, the one day I had to actually block the waiter from getting past by standing up and asking for the 10th time for "two glasses of water, zwei Gläser Wasser, bitte, İki bardak su, lütfen!'....at this point he huffed and got us our water and proceeded to continue ignoring us. I would like to point out, that the staff were very polite and courteous to the German guests, I'm not paranoid, I can understand enough German to know what was going on. In the end we resorted to ordering everything in German, that way we weren't ignored...still laughed at as they knew we were British. On one night my OH was reprimanded by 'Moses' of the entertainment team as we entered the restaurant as he had sandals on, these weren't sports sandals just ordinary sandals, he said he was not allowed in with them...ok, then a man with Adidas flip flops walks straight past...no problem, my OH rightly asked why it was ok for him and every other man in the restaurant to have sandals on, he just shrugged. SO, we went off to change his shoes and came back and he was laughing at us as we went in.
The entertainment: It's all in German, everything, all the day activities, the night activities....everything. For myself and my OH we didn't care about this as we don't watch the animation shows are they are generally naff, this was no exception.
The WIFI: if you want to use the WIFI be warned it is painfully slow and constantly drops off, I had no call for it but my OH needed to get online and it was ridiculous, he gave up in the end and used his phone.
I honestly have NEVER been treated so absolutely disgustingly by a hotel, We went to Kemer in Turkey last year and this was the complete polar opposite. The hotel in Kemer was 100% Eastern European and we had no problems with rude staff, everyone was polite and we felt genuinely welcomed. I will never book with this chain again (they have hotels across this region) and I REALLY DO advise that if you are British, you look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't have room 6002 unless you are disabled, no view, horrible room.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Lani_Cardiff
Reviewed 7 June 2015

I can not fault the hotel it was a fabulous place and the service was fantastic. The food was fresh and well cooked and the whole hotel was clean and well serviced. However the hotel is full of German people and as a couple with an 8 year old daughter, it was no good for us. The food, entertainment and service is all geared to German people, not many of the staff speak English or even understand it. We arrived on a Tuesday and did not hear another English voice until we went out for the day on the Saturday. Unfortunately this became very isolating and meant our child could not play with anyone as the other children did not speak English. We booked a day trip to the green canyon and even that was all in German, all the shop keepers assume you are German it gets very daunting. Whilst the area is beautiful with some stunning sights, it is not a place we will visit again due to the lack of English, we all love Turkey and have been several times, had this have been our 1st time in Turkey it would have put us off completely.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank jane n
Reviewed 22 May 2015 via mobile

Lovely hotel very-helpful and loyal staff that will attended to your every need the food is more than delicious all sorts of varieties fruits cake turkish kebabs lamb etc two pools a quiet one on the other side or a pool with entertainment both have bars at the pool and lunch etc and a few Al le carte restaurants they also do a bus witch is a two minute ride or a 10min walk they provide a private beach for the hotels along the sea front with lunch served and cold drinks it's great place and very nice and helpful people no beach sellers either or Pervy men I would go again and I don't say that about of a lot of places 10/10 they also have a hotel next door run by the same people and we was meant to stay there witch is called charm palace that's just opened but we preferred side crown to the new one,shops inside both hotels and also along the street outside and as ladies love hand bags there plenty of those it's also a non smoking hotel indoors witch is good and it is also family orientated depends what your looking for we loved it as a young couple to get away for a week without the kids ;-)

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Keiron O
Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

A friend and I (24 and 25 year old females) booked a last minute deal and visited at the end of April 2015 and had such a nice relaxed break in the sun.

We seemed to be the only English guests, most of the staff spoke basic English but it was enough to get us by. We were greeted as late arrivals (about 10pm we arrived) and were allowed to go straight to the restaurant for late dinner before being shown to our rooms. The hotel was very clean and the room plenty big enough. There was a daily maid service and towel change, we even got towel swans and rose petals one day. Plenty of wardrobe space and hangers too.

The food was fine, always a large choice of fresh salads, local foods and familiar dishes. Lots of meat options and vegetables. We particularly like the pancakes cooked fresh in the morning and the pizza breads cooked fresh in the stone oven. The dining times were good too, you can pretty much graze all day if you want to.

We enjoyed a spa package on the first day and I
would definitely recommend it, do however wait for them to approach you as you tend to get a better deal price wise.

There are 2 pools, neither heated so a bit chilly out of season. At the main pool (with the water slides) there was plenty of day time entertainment and games but there was sometimes a lack of vacant sun loungers which I can only imagine is escalated in peak season. The other pool is a much more relaxed vibe, they have waiters that come periodically to take drink orders at this pool too. They also have a shuttle bus to the beach, plenty of sun loungers there!

Most of the evening entertainment was primarily For German speakers so we didn't get very involved with this but, I'm sure it could still be entertaining should you choose to. We just took lots of books and read in the evenings.

Overall we had a really relaxing stay and it was fantastic value for the price we paid. Would definitely go back again... Maybe next year.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adie-pea
Reviewed 10 April 2015 via mobile

Spent one week in the crown palace it's a nice hotel but definitely not 5* 3/4 at a push. We arrived late at night and was checked in very quickly and taken to our room we were not given any details of meal times or what activities we could do but we found out ourselves the next day as everything was closed. The room was lovely and comfy with a nice view of the huge pool big walk in shower and a double bed and a single bed free mini bar in room with juice and water refilled daily and a free safe. Huge pool outside and kids pool with two water slides which were shut when we stayed in April nice indoor pool with free sauna and steam room. Turkish bath and massage available at 18 euro but be careful they make the price up as they go along. This is a pure German resort so all the staff don't speak English and if they do its very broken. The day entertainment is non existent and the evening entertainment all in german but a laugh to watch if your drunk. The food is ok looks better than what it is but always a good choice and can find something to eat mostly fish and meat with lots of mushrooms choice of pasta too which is good. Always nice soup. The drinks are excellent full cocktail menu with all the classics and all your usual drinks very very good. Hotel is nice and would be perfect for a large group who can entertain themselves as one night club nearby that has the worst toilets I ever seen makes trainspotting toilets look clean it's called laguna don't go there. The market that takes place on a Monday in the town is not worth it its very expensive and the shops next to the hotel is much better and cheaper and you don't get hassled to buy. Overall the hotel gets a 6 out of 10 for me. I won't be back unless it's with a bigger group.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends