All reviews turkey meat dishes chicken family holiday loungers fanta animation
Reviewed 10 May 2016

Last Sommer I spent 10 days in Narcia, Excellent hotel, frendly staff, great choice of food, traditional and international. hotel is very clean, rooms comfortable. I would spetially recommend wellnes center and traditional turky bath with peeling and massage

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Amila M
Reviewed 28 September 2015

I will start with the few minor issues, if you get past these without too much worry then I am sure you will have a good time. As far as the hotel location is concerned, yes it is a few minutes walk from the beach but then so are lots of others, there are not many hotels in that area that are actually on the beach. The hotel supplies a "minibus" to the beach. Walking for us at a leisurely pace took us about 8 minutes from the edge of the hotel premises and it is a slight incline but certainly nothing to worry about if you are relatively mobile. The minor issues we found were that the air conditioning didn't seem to be turned on very much in the public areas such as restaurant and bars. (The temperature outside was around 30-34 degrees) maybe they turn it on when it gets "too" hot. We were in the bar at one time and asked the waiter to turn it on and he did. It appears to be operated individually. I would expect that a hotel of that standard would have it on all the time without having to ask. One of the other issues was the spa. My advise is that if you get offered a free massage which sounded like 50 mins but was 15 minutes, decline it unless you intend having further treatment. We were encouraged to go for a free massage by a young guy walking around the hotel. We went for our free 15 minutes massage and were sat down afterwards and told what further massages we needed. This amounted to 3 further massages for each of us over the week at 75 euros each (450 euros).
If you want to avoid the pressure of signing up for more massages I would suggest not going for the "free" one. I was advised by some other guests that massage parlours in town were very much cheaper. Whilst talking about the spa an issue mentioned by another guest was the towels, we had no issues getting towels even up to around 11 am. We personally kept them for a few days without changing every day.
Whilst there was a large area to eat outside which we enjoyed the problem with this is that there was no specific area for smokers so if sitting outside you could have someone smoking next to you or as we did one day completely surrounded by smokers. If this is going to bother you I would suggest eating inside. The choice of all inclusive drinks was limited, the beer (Efes) was ok and the wine with dinner was very drinkable. There was extra to pay for Bacardi and some other drinks and as I said the drinks choice was limited. The bars closed strictly at midnight and lights turned off.
The hotel is predominantly German we only found 2 other British couples. Having said that, this was no problem for us. We always found a sunbed by the pool and the hotel was full. There is a building site nearby which was quiet and I was given to understand they were not allowed to work during the peak holiday season. Other slight downside as mentioned by another reviewer is that there is no bin in the room other than a small sanitary one in the bathroom.
If none of the above really bothers you that much (specially if you are a German smoker!) then I think you will have a good time.
As far as the room was concerned we were given a room at the back so did not get a sea view, we were also put in a suite on the first night as the hotel was full. A slight inconvenience having to move on the second day. The room was clean the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was very good with a huge shower and no hot water issues. The room itself was spacious. There is a balcony which was adequate for 2 and good selection of toiletries supplied. There are power points around the room and the air conditioning worked well. (only when you are in the room though). Forget the TV, there is nothing really English on there but again didn't worry us as we didn't go on holiday to watch TV.
There are lots of shops in the area and the beach was nice. The hotel's private beach area was quite small and I think you would need to get down to the beach quite early to get a bed with some shade. The water was warm and although there was some seaweed, it seemed to be less than some areas further along the beach. There was food and drink available as part of the all inclusive at the beach bar which is nice.
The transfer from Antalya is about 40 mins on main roads.

The food was very good, no sign of a prawn all week and the occasional fish but personally I didn't eat too much hot food from the servery, there was a wide choice but I mainly ate salads. The sweets were plentiful and at times very artistic. There was always fruit available. There was barbecued food cooked outside and you would certainly not go hungry, there was breakfast then late breakfast then lunch, then afternoon snacks (burgers, hot dogs, chips, pasta etc), ice cream after 4pm, pastries, doughnuts, waffles and then dinner. You could practically eat all day if you wanted. And I think some did try!
There was an a la carte restaurant you could visit once, we booked it on the computer near the entrance. Personally I was not over impressed but that's personal choice. It was a set 6 course meal although you did have to choose main course when booking.

The pool was very good, there are a couple of slides and would be ideal for a family.
There was music around the pool but this did stop for a couple of hours around lunchtime as did the use of the slides which was nice. The sun beds were very good, the area was kept clean. The hotel itself was very clean and tidy, you could not fault the cleaning staff who seemed to be working all day. There are good elevators to all floors. There is a nightclub open 3 nights a week which we did not visit and we also did not watch or participate in the entertainment, which was predominantly German.
The waiting staff spoke mostly German, some of them you could get some English out of and it did cause some minor problems trying to explain what drink you wanted. There was no list of cocktails at the bars so you couldn't even point to one. We found them pleasant though. From talking to another British couple they stated that if you want to reserve a table at dinner the staff will do this for you.
We didn't pay huge money to go there so I think we had good value. Would I go again? probably yes but with some friends or family so we didn't feel isolated.

The hotel was full, mainly with Germans, if it was bad I don't think that would be the case. The wifi was a bit hit and miss but you could usually get it around the pool and the pool end of the outside seating. We could also get it on the balcony but not in the room. Again not a big issue for us.
My only other comment would be that we took Lira and they seem to prefer Euros there. This was our first visit to Turkey so were a bit naive in that area.
Put the minor issues to one side or if prepared (hopefully by this review) you can avoid them and it's good value. If going again I would probably ask for the aircon on in the restaurant above where we sat but we enjoyed eating outside.

Room tip: Try to get room overlooking pool/sea
Date of stay: September 2015
5  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 24 July 2015

My husband and I stayed in Narcia hotel for a week in July and I would like to say that we had a great time. nice and clean overall, spacious rooms and very kind and friendly staff. There was variety of international food which was delecious. The day time and evening entertainment was very nice and interesting. We would reccommend this hotel to anybody. We also would like to thank Adam who was our chef and made us pleny of delicious food and was a very kind and friendly person. There was also a very lovely girl who was working at the lobby behind the bar who was so kind to us and treated us very well. Thank you for the wonderful time.

kazem and Donya

Date of stay: July 2015
2  Thank Kazem A
Reviewed 19 June 2015

We stayed in this hotel for two nights and we had a wonderful time. The hotel was nice, the rooms were clean and the food was good. The hotel Wi Fi was fast enough and generally it was a nice place to spend time after a long tour.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gureni L
Reviewed 12 June 2015

I could write for hours about this hotel but will try to summarise instead! I would also advise you to read the poor/ terrible comments on here from the British people as they are pretty accurate. The most important thing to know is that this not a 5 star hotel. Neither the design, presentation , amenities or service resemble anything other than a basic 3 star and perhaps that is being generous.

On the plus side, our room was clean. It was similar in style to a bog standard travel lodge but it intrinsically had everything you required- apart from a bin! They clearly don't do bins apart from tiny sanitary ones. We did ask for one and got another tiny sanitary one instead! My partner enjoyed the food but I tended to live on bread and salad as it just wasn't for me. I think that's it for the positives.

My partner and I fortunately both speak decent German and we really needed it. We saw one other British family there but that was it and the staff do not speak English at all. Never in all my days have I come across such a rude and disinterested staff. Not even a simple please, thank you or even just a smile upon check in or check out. No chance of using the a la carte restaurant unless you book about 2 weeks in advance ( we were only there for a week so was a complete non- starter, ) and should you want some milk to make a coffee/ tea with, forget it. I tried 2 bars and even guest relations who all told me there wasn't any!
The beach isn't that far away at all and the bus service is very regular. However, the Narcias patch of beach is very small and seriously over crowded. If you don't mind feeling like a battery hen then you may manage but we paid to use the beds on the beach next door. The beach patch is also covered by horrific bars/ a frame to use as a cheap option for sunshade. It's not a pleasing site. We spent much of our time wandering further along the beach looking enviously at proper 5 star hotel beaches!

Due to the atrocious service at the hotel we began to venture out into Side in the evenings. 10 euros in a taxi or a cheap bus ride away but well worth it. Yes you then have to pay for food and drinks but if you fancy a cocktail because you can't get them at the hotel then it's great! Predominantly English guests and friendly English speaking bars and restaurants. We had a couple of cracking nights out there and the food at the sea front restaurants was fabulous.

The hotel pool overlooks a huge building site at the moment which I envisage will be there for some time to come. So no nice views there either. Oh, and if you want a pool towel get one before 11 as they wont issue any after that. been on a trip and not back till the afternoon? Tough. Exploding sun cream bottle covers your towel and you'd like to swap it? Tough.

Was trying to keep this short so will stop now but think you get the gist. In a nutshell I guesss you get what you pay for. Just don't go believing you have a 5 star bargain. It's cheap for a reason!! AVoid this place!

Date of stay: May 2015