All reviews main building turkey double bed chicken meat dishes minute walk from the hotel cleaning staff hotel is spotless fresh towels mini bar two weeks ice cream annex kumkoy dolmus entertainment loungers
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We booked a 7 days holliday in a 5 stars hotel. They wrote they know to speak English but they only speak Russian.
În the first day we arrive at 13 o clock and after waiting to enter into the room, they gave us a room at the first floor with no sea vision and with a real bad smell of the toilet. Of course I went to ask a clean and quiet room with the sea image as we have semn în the hotel presentation.
The hotel receptionist was impolite and almost screaming she changed the key.
She asked me impolitly to see the new room. It was on the 6th floor. This is the last floor and there are no balconies. There is the roof and there are some entrances for seeing the sea.
The cleaning is dayly , but there are not changing the blanks at all in seven days!!!!
They "forget" to leave shower gel and shampoo or soap dayly as it is usual în a 5 stars hotel.
The beach is lovely with very nice sand. The sea is warm and calm.
The road to the beach was never cleaned. There are a lot of garbage and bushes. It seemed to be a disaster. Even the bus to the beach is an old broken car. They have program on the beach and if you like to stay after 6 o clock PM they ask you impolitely to take your things and leave.
The entrance to the beach is on a bazar. There is also a sort of a restaurant where you can drink a tea or eat a kebab, but there are flees and it is very unpleasant staying on the table.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank luiza m
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Nice hotel, very good for family holiday. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Food was ok, however I was expecting real Turkish food. A bit difficult to communicate as staff doesn't speak English.Bar on the beach was running out very often with ice. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: had a room on the ground floor with balcony. Very comfy, however not a sunny room at all. A bit noisy, as just opposite reception.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
NarciaResort, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Narcia Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Monix,

Thank you for your review.
We would be delighted to welcoming you again soon here in the Narcia Resort Hotel.

Kindly and sunny regards from Kumköy,

Contact: gr@narciahotels.com

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Do take note that most of the staff do not speak basic English probably because majority of the customers are Russian, German or Turkish. Over my two weeks stay, I don't think I've heard anyone converse in English. Thankfully, my friend speaks Russian so he was able to translate when needed.

Front desk: Staffs are generally friendly. However when problems arise, they don't put in much effort to solve it, specifically this plump guy who is usually at the reception during the day. Look for the lady instead. Her service felt more sincere.

Room: We didn't stay in the main building. Instead, we booked a room in the smaller blocks with a single and queen size bed. The room is small and furnishing did not felt like it was 5 star worthy. Wifi is only available in the main building but it was down most of the time or slow at best.

Meals: Buffet meals are provided for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's pretty exciting for the first couple of days but then you realise that it gets repetitive. I felt that some of the desserts were pretty good however a couple of tarts taste exactly the same as the other. Only difference was one might be more crunchy or nutty.

Snacks at the beach was good! Love the dough with cinnamon sugar!

As for the one time a la carte dinner, I gave it a miss but my friends said it was poor. They barely touched their food and went for the buffet dinner after it was over.

Entertainment: They do have activities spread out throughout the day and a show at the outdoor theatre near the back gate. I did not participate but the magic show was pretty entertaining.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank SherilynnT1
NarciaResort, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Narcia Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Sherilynn,

The whole team would like to thank you in all form for taking the time to evaluate the Narcia Resort Hotel.

Thanks to your valuable advice, we are able to determine the strengths and weaknesses of our house from the view point of our guests.

Of course, we would be very happy to welcome you soon again as our guest.

Kindly and sunny regards from Kumköy,

Kontakt: gr@narciahotels.com

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

First of all just to make it clear Narcia Hotel was not our first choice but due to messaging about 20 different hotels (because we were flying in the middle of the night both ways and wanted to know if we would have to pay extra) and Narcia being 1 of the only 2 that actually replied back we chose this hotel. I thought to myself well if they have the time to reply back then hopefully we will have a good stay.

Because I sent a message via Facebook the owner of the hotel was who I actually booked the room through which was a advantage for us as he offered us free transfers from and to the airport which was great. We also bumped into him in the hotel and he introduced himself to us just simply because he recognised my face from my Facebook picture which I thought was very nice of him. The only reason as to why I can think of that he offered free transfers if most likely because they want more British tourists at their hotel.

All the rooms come with a balcony and a single and double bed as standard and is of a good size with a really nice big shower.
Our room was on floor 5 with a lovely view of the pool and sea. I could not fault the room as it was great, other than the walls being a bit thin. If your booking don't book a room in the annexe as they don't look very nice. Ask for a room in the main hotel. The rooms have a mini bar included which has soft drinks that they don't top up up but they fill it up with a couple bottles of water every time you have your room cleaned.

They have one big pool with 2 slides but we didn't use it as neither myself or My husband can swim :-(

They have a toddler pool which was perfect for our 2 year old. It's 35cm deep and she loved it and would spend couple hours most days in it.

There is plenty of sunbeds but saying that I don't think the hotel was fully booked.

The hotel is spotless and the cleaning staff are constantly cleaning. If you leave the sign on your room door for them to clean then they do it and give you fresh towels etc. You can also get a beach towel from the spa but have to give your old one in to get a fresh one.

We didn't use the spa facilities so cannot comment but one of the spa ladies did try and push us into booking but we kindly declined.

They have shops on the ground floor where u can buy sunglasses and swimming floats etc. Also a pharmacy, a doctor and a shop that does your usual crisps etc.

The hotel constantly serves food. You have breakfast then late breakfast then lunch then late lunch and then burgers and then dinner. Between 4-8pm they also do ice cream and biscuits/cakes. So if you go AI you will not go hungry. There is a variety of food but Turkish food wasn't to our taste and we felt it got a bit repetitive. But still edible. The food went cold very quick so I wouldn't say I had a hot meal in the week we were there.
Breakfast was pretty rubbish but they had nice pastries.
There is a guy outside who would make you fresh spaghetti or pasta at dinner time. They have a few veggies out and you put what you like in a bowl and give it to him and he makes it for you whilst you wait.
Plenty of seating area to sit down and eat.
So on the whole loads of food but not very tasty.

Narcia Resort is located in Kumkoy which is about a 10min dolmus trip to Old Town Side, with the bus stop being literally behind the hotel. And about 20mins away from Manavgat.
There are a few local shops and restaurants about 10 minute walk from the hotel but nothing special other than one restaurant called 'Relax' it's the first restaurant you see on your left after stepping out the back of the hotel. The food was amazing and the waiter was so friendly. They also do shisha. I would definitely recommend this place for good food.
The beach is a 10 minute walk or a 2 minute bus trip using the hotels bus.

We were the only British people there and I think only another Brit family stayed there whilst we were there. Other than that it's full or germans, Turkish and Russian tourists. Which meant hardly anyone spoke English so just basic communication was hard. You start feeling a bit isolated after a few days of not understanding anything especially the entertainment.

The entertainment was pretty rubbish and all in German other than one night they had a magic show which was good. It would take about an hour for the entertainment to start which was really silly so everyone just sat about waiting. Only reason we were in the entertainment area is because they have a little soft play area that our daughter loved so we would have to spend a hour or so there in the evening.

The staff were not friendly other than a couple of waiters.
The reception staff were the worse and didn't really speak even basic English, Especially a guy that worked during the day. He told us they don't exchange GBP but when my husband pointed out that as a 5 star they should he actually got off his butt and did it. On the same day I came down to speak to a reception staff about our transfer to the airport and he just butted in clearly talking about me and my husband (most likely about the 5 star comment) but all in German so I didn't understand anything and found it very rude. It was only after he found out that the owner had booked our room he immediately became very nice and even gave us his personal number for if we have any issues.

I think as a Russian, German or a Turkish you may love the resort but as a Brit I was looking forward to coming home to English speaking people. I thought it would be something that wouldn't bother me after reading some tripadvisor reviews but to be honest after a few days it does get annoying.

If you have children you may find they feel left out as can't really get involved in anything due to the language barrier.

All in all a ok stay, did get a great deal but would not stay there again. Definitely not a 5 star hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank runiikhat

Dear Runa,

Of course, we would be very happy to welcome you soon again as our guest.

Kindly regards from Kumköy,

Kontakt: gr@narciahotels.com

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Generally,the hotel gave us lots of good moments!Everybody was polite and very helpful!Very clean rooms,a wonderful view from the balcony!A bus stop is near the hotel!It is easy to get to Side and to Manavgat from it!!
10 minutes and you are already on the sea!But also we used a bus from the hotel to the sea which goes every 20 minutes!
I should say that the most remarkable thing in this hotel is food!Excellent quality!The shef of the restaurant and bars knows his job very well!Every day something new,very tasty, a wide choice of vegetables,fruit,different kind of meat!!And of course desserts!!They made us crazy).
Another big thanks to the girls and boys in the lobby bar!!!Thank you for your great coctails!!!
We would like to advise this hotel to another tourists for sure!
The only unpleasant thing is the work of the girls at the reception!We had some unsolved problems and they even didnt want to help.especially the situation with the transfer from the hotel to the airport and some other unpleasant moments especially with payment!We were very disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family