“money grabing”

Hotel Goldenday Wings
Ranked #11 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 30 May 2011

just back from a weeks stay at this hotel and i didnt find much to complain about except the rip off prices charged in the hotel shop and bar prices as they were charging 2tl dearer at the bar for local beer efes olny 4tl every were else also 3tl for large water that was only 1tl to 1and a half tl every were in local shops 5tl for small carton of milk in hotel shop which is double the price in local shops and trying to stop u from buying snack food or drinks from outside of hotel which you were asked not to bring back to hotel they would be better off stopping thease forms of extortion prices. were not fools great stay they would have to look at the may reviews

2  Thank watchdog35

Reviewed 30 May 2011

I have just returned from 2 weeks in the Golden day wings hotel, from the moment we left Cork airport it was a pleasure. We were greeted By Sharon the wings abroad Rep who was very helpful thru out our stay. We had a room on the 5th floor overlooking the harbour and the cruiseliners. there is a dolmus stop outside the hotel which will bring you into town from 1.50 turkish lira which is 75cents! taxis are €4 which is still good value. The breakfast was a good standard for Turkey, lunch was served by the pool from noon to 6ish, burgers, Pizza's salads, sandwiches etc. A full pizza was 17 lira which is €8.50 which i found good value.
Dinner was served in open air with lovely waters who want you to enjoy your night. A Fillet steak was 30lira which is less than €15... So more than half the price at home. There is a fridge and kettle in your room, room service is available 24 hours a day with no charge!
Hacks and his entertainment team make every effort for you to enjoy your time at the hotel.
Well done to all for helping us have a fab holiday! we will return again in Sep hopefully!

Room Tip: we stayed in room 1515 lovely view!
6  Thank shivvy27
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I am a travel agent and have just returned from a weeks stay at the golden day hotel , I had a fantastic time the rooms are spotless and tastefully decorated big balconies overlooking the marina / sea . Yes the hotel prices are a little dearer but that is the case with every hotel worldwide and i personally think turkey is such good value to eat /drink out anyway. Breakfast is lovely and they have a vast selection on offer. Hotel staff are nice , entertainment staff really try there best to make sure everyone has a fantastic time. Would definately return hopefully soon!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank emmad1986
Reviewed 24 May 2011

The staff were courteous and helpful and our room was spotless. The entertainment team did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable. We would heartily recommend the hotel

3  Thank MBD8877
A TripAdvisor Member
mayo ireland
Reviewed 22 May 2011

From the minute I stepped foot in the door the problems started. I had traveled alone from Istanbul and had arranged to meet my family. In the lounge who I hadn't seen for a year but I was stopped at reception by the short rude manager Endal. They made a mix up with the booking and my name wasn't on the list so after travelling all the way from east Asia to see my family he wouldn't let me in even though my family was just around the corner. I got fed up and walked in anyway as I couldn't wait to see my family. The reunion was ruined cause he insisted we hadn't paid for the extra person even though we had. My brother paid another 140euros just to avoid stressing my parents out. This didn't sit well. The next day we realised the prices were pretty dear so I decided to pick up some beers for up in my room. On my way in I was rudely stopped by him again and told that I wasn't allowed even up in my room. I had to pay the rip off rate for food and drink. That sucked me as I should be allowed to do as I please in my own room. These blood suckers were goin to extract every penny out of us if it was the last thing they do. Me family decided not to spend any more money there than needed after which all the staff became very cold. Turkish people are lovely but these guys just saw us as easy money. Don't go there. They will rip you off and treat you like your in a prison.

• Stayed: May 2011