“Good value”

Hotel Goldenday Wings
Ranked #12 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Nicely located hotel, near a small public beach and about 15 min walk to the center of the town. This hotel is good value for money, our room was big, cleaned every day. If the bathroom was in a better state, would be perfect. Food was tasty, but local type, always sth to choose from. Staff was very friendly and helpful. There was no animation though and no attractions for children.
Kusadasi in general seems like a good base for trips, for example close Ephesus or Pamukkale. The hotel and city is generally not for those who`d like to have lazy holidays next to the pool. I recommend it to active people.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 August 2010

I have just got back from a weeks holiday with my sister, we are both married so we are looking for a week of R+R. This Hotel certainaly fit the bill. We have been to Turkey four times now and this was the best hotel we have stayed in. The rooms were spacious and cleaned daily, the balcony was large with views to die for. The staff were polite and friendly without being too intrusive.The food was typical of Turkish cuisine except the added extra of chips, I personnally dont want chips but I presume typical Brits... must have asked for them. There was no entertainment I was pleased as I usually find the hotel entertainment to be noisy and not very entertaining at all so this did not bother us. If you are going and do have a problem I suggest you speak with Mustafer (hope I spelt this right) he sorted our air con for us he was always friendly and happty to help despite the fact that he never seemed to leave the place, his English is superb. I cant think of any thing else to add but feel free to contact me if I can help.. would I go back YES I would..

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank wildeymiller
Reviewed 15 August 2010

I travelled there with my family to this hotel it was a pure nightmare! we couldnt wait to get back home we actually paid nearly £3.000 for 7 of us all inclusive and ended up spending more than that eating out and staying away from the rancid place. the manager was a miserable so and so. It has clearly put me and my family from ever visiting Turkey again.Please dont ever visit this hotel as you need a holiday to get over it ?? no entertainment oh sorry except for a 15 minute show of dancers ! the drinks were abominable plastic beakers that smelt like theyd never been washed all half filled may I add. Also the food was inedible slop slop all the time oh and more slop with salad !! the place was alive with cats prowling around you if you took your slop outside to try and eat !! which caused more mayham as my daughter alergic to cats !! the room was okay nothing special but clean . Cleaned by the nice cleaning lady maybe she should be a manager as she couldnt do enough to help us whilst we were there, always friendly and smiling nothing like her BOSS MUSTAFFA what a horrible and nasty man.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank annedaley17
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I visited this hotel this time last year, and tried to get it again this year, However having to go in season has changed the price by quite a bit so I have looked elsewhere.

If you can get this holiday for a cheap deal then go for it. The location is amazing, a short walk from the centre of Kusadasi which is full of shops, restaurants and bars, something for everyone I assure you. You are very near the beach, just down the hill from the hotel, where there is also the local bus can also take you many places. I highly recommend going to Ladies Beach as the local beach is very simple and the water park which is amazing compared to many I have been to.

The hotel itself is clean and basic, the view of the pool and Kusadasi is beautiful, both sun rise and sun sets are worth watching from your balcony! There was no entertainment when I went last year which is a shame, if you are used to this. But I enjoy going to town every night so this didn't matter to me.

The AI food and drink is fine, just like any other I have been to, plenty of bread , soup, meat, salad etc. The drinks are the same as any AI a bit watered down maybe, but hey keep going up and you will be fine :)

The pool is really nice, and nice step all around it on which you can just soak up the sun whilst being cooled down by the water. The staff were friendly and willing to help when needed. I hope this helps anyone thinking/ or who have booked this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank stakiboo
Reviewed 11 August 2010

First of all, it was a business trip to Kusadasi for one night only; a stay for the night and leave in the morning kind of trip. Therefore, I have no idea about the day staff but i don't think they are much different. We were 15 people in total in a field trip (geologists) and we informed that we will be arriving late due to our activities in the field and they said that is not a problem because they are charging us for all-inclusive price. So, we literally traveled in the mountains under 40 degrees C for 13 hours (from 7 am to 8 pm) including the travel times and arrived at the hotel at about 10 o'clock (pm). They said the dinner has ended and they can not serve us. Considering that we were 15! in total, this was unacceptable if you ask me. We said "OK, is snack-bar open" and they said "Yes". We went down to snack-bar at about 22:30 and they said they will close all-included sales (drinks and food, and there was only drink to be honest) at 23:00. So we decided to drink and eat at the seaside. This was only the begining. Te staff was disrespectful and full of unprofessionals (kids from tourism school) and especially the bar-tender who was hitting every women who came to have a drink and trying to stall them in order to reach 23:00. Wireless they claim to have is only present in the lobby. Some of the rooms did not have any pillow and hot-water was not present in some of the rooms along with clean towels.
We did not have time to talk to the manager because we left at 7 am next morning and did not see and day staff. But if the night staff is a reflection of the day (and i think it is) this hotel does not deserve whatever stars it have and is definitely not a place to stay or spent your holiday.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business