Ilayda Hotel(Kusadasi)
US$103
US$87
US$67
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

US$83
US$264
US$195
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$218/night.

All reviewsgolden day wingsentertainment teammr tomnext yearbbq nightturkeyturkish bathwednesday nighttwo weekswould highly recommend this hotelgreat holidaygreat entertainmentstayed here for a weeksunway repcant waitfantastic hotelplenty of sun loungers
Reviewed 15 August 2010

I have just got back from a weeks holiday with my sister, we are both married so we are looking for a week of R+R. This Hotel certainaly fit the bill. We have been to Turkey four times now and this was the best hotel we have stayed in. The rooms were spacious and cleaned daily, the balcony was large with views to die for. The staff were polite and friendly without being too intrusive.The food was typical of Turkish cuisine except the added extra of chips, I personnally dont want chips but I presume typical Brits... must have asked for them. There was no entertainment I was pleased as I usually find the hotel entertainment to be noisy and not very entertaining at all so this did not bother us. If you are going and do have a problem I suggest you speak with Mustafer (hope I spelt this right) he sorted our air con for us he was always friendly and happty to help despite the fact that he never seemed to leave the place, his English is superb. I cant think of any thing else to add but feel free to contact me if I can help.. would I go back YES I would..

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank wildeymiller
Reviewed 15 August 2010

I travelled there with my family to this hotel it was a pure nightmare! we couldnt wait to get back home we actually paid nearly £3.000 for 7 of us all inclusive and ended up spending more than that eating out and staying away from the rancid place. the manager was a miserable so and so. It has clearly put me and my family from ever visiting Turkey again.Please dont ever visit this hotel as you need a holiday to get over it ?? no entertainment oh sorry except for a 15 minute show of dancers ! the drinks were abominable plastic beakers that smelt like theyd never been washed all half filled may I add. Also the food was inedible slop slop all the time oh and more slop with salad !! the place was alive with cats prowling around you if you took your slop outside to try and eat !! which caused more mayham as my daughter alergic to cats !! the room was okay nothing special but clean . Cleaned by the nice cleaning lady maybe she should be a manager as she couldnt do enough to help us whilst we were there, always friendly and smiling nothing like her BOSS MUSTAFFA what a horrible and nasty man.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank annedaley17
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I visited this hotel this time last year, and tried to get it again this year, However having to go in season has changed the price by quite a bit so I have looked elsewhere.

If you can get this holiday for a cheap deal then go for it. The location is amazing, a short walk from the centre of Kusadasi which is full of shops, restaurants and bars, something for everyone I assure you. You are very near the beach, just down the hill from the hotel, where there is also the local bus can also take you many places. I highly recommend going to Ladies Beach as the local beach is very simple and the water park which is amazing compared to many I have been to.

The hotel itself is clean and basic, the view of the pool and Kusadasi is beautiful, both sun rise and sun sets are worth watching from your balcony! There was no entertainment when I went last year which is a shame, if you are used to this. But I enjoy going to town every night so this didn't matter to me.

The AI food and drink is fine, just like any other I have been to, plenty of bread , soup, meat, salad etc. The drinks are the same as any AI a bit watered down maybe, but hey keep going up and you will be fine :)

The pool is really nice, and nice step all around it on which you can just soak up the sun whilst being cooled down by the water. The staff were friendly and willing to help when needed. I hope this helps anyone thinking/ or who have booked this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank stakiboo
Reviewed 11 August 2010

First of all, it was a business trip to Kusadasi for one night only; a stay for the night and leave in the morning kind of trip. Therefore, I have no idea about the day staff but i don't think they are much different. We were 15 people in total in a field trip (geologists) and we informed that we will be arriving late due to our activities in the field and they said that is not a problem because they are charging us for all-inclusive price. So, we literally traveled in the mountains under 40 degrees C for 13 hours (from 7 am to 8 pm) including the travel times and arrived at the hotel at about 10 o'clock (pm). They said the dinner has ended and they can not serve us. Considering that we were 15! in total, this was unacceptable if you ask me. We said "OK, is snack-bar open" and they said "Yes". We went down to snack-bar at about 22:30 and they said they will close all-included sales (drinks and food, and there was only drink to be honest) at 23:00. So we decided to drink and eat at the seaside. This was only the begining. Te staff was disrespectful and full of unprofessionals (kids from tourism school) and especially the bar-tender who was hitting every women who came to have a drink and trying to stall them in order to reach 23:00. Wireless they claim to have is only present in the lobby. Some of the rooms did not have any pillow and hot-water was not present in some of the rooms along with clean towels.
We did not have time to talk to the manager because we left at 7 am next morning and did not see and day staff. But if the night staff is a reflection of the day (and i think it is) this hotel does not deserve whatever stars it have and is definitely not a place to stay or spent your holiday.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank soparsopar
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We were a party of 5 (ages 17, 28, 34, 36, 38) who stayed at the Golden Day for one week and returned home today. We booked the holiday as a cheap getaway and were horrified when we read the reviews online. We had images of staying somewhere terrible and having to fight to be moved elsewhere. Our holiday didn't started off as smoothly as we'd like as we hadn't realised that flying to Bodrum meant a transfer time of over 2 hours! We also had the added problem of a road closure meaning our transfer was almost 5 hours long. As we had all this time to think en route we begun to wonder what we had let ourselves in for....however we had a fantastic week! The reviews I have read on here are very mixed and i do think some are unfair so I am writing this one to put my own views across.

Food - mostly Turkish but you are in Turkey!!!! If you want burgers and a full English then go to Butlins! The food was always fresh and plentiful and we always found something to eat (we are fussy eaters too!). Lots of fresh salads, bread, homemade chips and Turkish dishes. Yes it was repetitive but I have found that to be the case wherever you go! Only your main meals and some basic afternoon snacks (pizza, spaghetti etc) are free on all inclusive basis. Ice cream, crisps etc are extra

Drinks - beer, vodka, gin and raki as well as soft drinks were free as was water (not in small bottles but a water cooler (filtered water)). The 'free' vodka was not the strongest but this was not a problem. I think some people just want to get hammered on free booze and so complain about anything slighlty weaker than normal. We did find that the drinks in the restaurant bar during meals times were better quality. We were not limited to 2 drinks per person, and I often got 5 drinks (one for each of my group) with no questions asked. Drinks are only free until 11pm but after that there is a payable bar which has more variety of drinks at reasonable prices (similar to English pub prices).

Entertainment - there isn't much apart from a belly dancer once or twice per week for a short time but there is plenty to do in the centreum. We knew there wasn't any before we left so didn't worry.

Rooms - we had a 3 bed and a 2 bed room....both were plenty big enough and very clean! They all have superb sea views. Lots of TV channels avaialable for those who like to watch TV on hol! There were fridges in the room but as the electricity goes off when you leave the room the fridge isn't much use.

Staff - really lovely and couldn't do more for you. Mustafa, the Manager was super and even came to wave us off this morning. If you are respectful to them you will get respect back. We were appalled by the lack of 'please' and 'thank yous' we heard during the week. There were only 16 English people including us as guests this week and most of the rest were Russian, Polish or Turkish.

Location - On a hill over looking the harbour. Stunning views from every balcony! To get down to the nearest shops and restaurants you need to walk down a steep hill and to get to the very busy centreum it is about a 15 - 20 minute walk. I hated walking back up the hill so got a taximost of the time from the centre (about 7 lira) but I did walk up a few times and it was manageable if you are in reasonable health.

Things I would recommend - Wednesday market -catch the number 2 dolmus (local minibus) for 1.5 lira. You will find lots of bargains but be tough with your haggling!!! Adaland (water park, sealife centre and Dolphin show) - my fiance swam with dol[phins after the show (at an extra cost of 157 lira) and this was well worth doing. I regretted not doing it myself. There were lots of fab trips we could have gone on if we were there longer. I would recommended booking with 'Del Boy' at the excursion centre opposite the beach by the harbour as he gives good prices.

Be aware of :

TJ from Murphy's restaurant - he comes to the hotel 2 times per day to persuade you to go to his restaurant that night. He offers you a lift back after. I heard both good and bad things about his restaurant but I found the way he bothered us on our loungers a bit of a pain so we never ate there. We did have to be quite rude to him before he left us alone. He is just doing his job, trying to make a living but if he eased off he may get more diners!

There are lots of beggers on the streets at night who use children to gain your sympathy. This can make you feel very sad.

Never take the first few prices offered to you for goods....barter at a very low price and then leave if you are refused....the shop owners will follow you and take your cheap offer!! We were often quoted prices like 95 lira and then eventually paid much lower prices, even down to 20 lira.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family