“Wonderful location and great people”
Review of Harem Kapadokya

Harem Kapadokya
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Uchisar
Reviewed 8 August 2015

I stayed with my niece at this charming hotel which left us with wonderful unforgettable experiences.

The hotel is located on a hill-side overlooking the entire valley. The roof terrace in particular has fabulous views over the surrounding valleys on the one side and an excellent spot to watch the sunset on the other side. Nothing during our trip can go beyond sitting at armchair of this roof terrace to enjoy the sunset view while sipping the complimentary red wine from the host's vineyard.

The Hotel host Mustafa and his partner, Ali, have catered to our needs to make our stay unforgettable. Both helped us in getting around Cappaodocia with utmost patience listening to my niece and I with all our different requests. Both are very knowledgable about the surrondings and tours and has organized hot air ballon trip, house back riding tour and Whirling Dervishes (Sema Performance) and day tours for us.

The rooms are furnished at Ottoman style with modern life comfort. Sitting on the huge bed-like Ottoman style sofa chair at hotel living room while starring at and hearing the wood fire-cracking at the nearby fireplace is a delightful experiences. It is particularly unforgettable at a chilling summer night after a hot and exhausting day tour. It swings us back to 200 -500 years of Ottoman day while the relax jazz music from stereo brought us back the 21 century.

We walked around Uchisar and saw many other hotels but I strongly recommend harem because as it is unique.

When we will come back to Cappadocia we will definetely stay there again! Highly Recommendable!!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank ShirliePai

Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

I spent two nights here with my friend. Room, service, scenery, food...everything was just amazing. I don't have words to express how nice the room I stayed was. The most impressive point of harem cappadocia is its owner. Turkish husband and his Japanese wife runs this fantastic hotel and they can speak tons of language, Turkish, English, Japanese and so on. I'm sure you will have no stressful moment while staying there as long as you are able to read my comment. Friendly and kind owners make your days in cappadocia more marvelous. The most unforgettable memory in cappadocia is the tasty breakfast with amazing scenary from balcony. The best hotel regardless of the occasion of the trip!!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
haremcappadocia, Sahibi at Harem Kapadokya, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2015

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment. I and Mustafa are so happy to read it. Your stay at our place is a great memory for us as well. We are aiming to make a relaxed and non-daily atmosphere. As you say, the breakfast at our terrace is a can't miss event. We will try harder so that more people can experience the taste of our hotel.

Reviewed 10 June 2015

We stayed at the very charming Harem cave hotel in early May 2015 for four nights. The view from the breakfast terrace is stunning (in the evening as well!). We loved that the breakfast was not a buffet, but instead was a very generous offering of delicious varied items served right to our table.

From our interesting conversations with the owner (Mustafa) to the above-and-beyond service and professionalism from the manager (Nicole), we were very impressed with our stay and highly recommend this hotel to others. Thank you, Mustafa and Nicole!

Tip: As there were no mosquitoes, we didn’t use the provided mosquito net the first night... We used it from the second night on, though, to catch the bits of crumbling ceiling falling from the cave! Just added to the charm…

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PW954
haremcappadocia, オーナー at Harem Kapadokya, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2015

Hello, thank you very much for your charming comments. I am Mustafa. We enjoyed the conversation with you so much. It is one of the great things for running a hotel to know wonderful people like you. We will tell your comments about breakfast to our kitchen staff. I am sure they will be so happy.

We are waiting for your next visit and would like to have conversation with you again!

Reviewed 25 May 2015

I found this hotel on Bookings.com and it suited my needs very well. I wanted to stay in a 'Cave Hotel' and this accommodation was excellent value for money! Staff very attentive and helpful which was great for a female solo traveller. Food very good with breakfasts fit for a king.
Location was just right, with easy access to the all events at The Cappadox festival. Only a 4 night stay so unable to sample the baths and massage.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
haremcappadocia, Guest Relations Manager at Harem Kapadokya, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2015

Thanks , Deborah for staying with us. It was our pleasure to have you in our hotel for 4 days. I had a great time showing you Kaymaklı Underground City and the Horse backriding was great.

I hope you come back again, then I can show you all the other beautiful sites here.

Take care
Nicole
Harem Cappadocia

Reviewed 24 May 2015

Nice boutique hotel . Maintain the Capadocia style . Impeccable service coordenated very close by the owner . As the hotel is pretty new , improvements need to be made , like the breakfast place . I felt at home .

Room Tip: Who is alergic need to advise the hotel to get a room with window