Met Boutique Hotel
Ibis Izmir Alsancak(Izmir)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$111
Swissotel.com
US$71
US$66
Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel(Izmir)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$45
Hotels.com
US$55
Priceline
All reviewsturkeyfacing the streetbreakfast restaurantwithin walking distancemin walkstayed for one nightbasmane train stationcomfortable bedswificonvenienceselcuk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2015

This is our second stay at this hotel and we enjoyed it again. The staff are very good and professional and the hotel facilities are very nice and modern. The hotel is very central and easy to access.

Room Tip: Nothing noted
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Tarek M
Reviewed 24 February 2015

This is a fine little hotel in downtown Izmir. We arrived at about 8 pm in February so it was already dark. The hotel in on a strip with many other hotels of more well known names. However, the price was right. More about that in a minute. The room was good, clean, and comfortable. There are lots of restaurants on the same block and the equivalent of a 7/11 next door. I slept on the street side and it was not very noisy. Breakfast i the morning was pretty normal.
In the morning I tried to get my receipt and they would not give me one. They told me it would be mailed to me. It turns out that they use a travel agent to do the bookings who takes the money on booking. Anyway, I did not end up with a receipt which is a pain.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the street
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Wayne B
Reviewed 26 December 2014

My adult daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights while touring parts of Turkey. The location in the Cankaya district was perfectly central and convenient for walking around or catching public transportation. There were several restaurants within walking distance, plus we could walk to the Kulturgarden as well in just 10 minutes. We arrived early but check in went absolutely smoothly and were welcomed with the offer of a complimentary drink while we waited just a few minutes in the very mod, high ceilinged, brightly decorated lobby bar. Then we were invited to choose from two rooms which one we'd prefer. They honored my request for a quiet room since it's located on a busy street. The room was spotless and lovely, with a super comfy bed and high quality bed linens. The bathroom had nice complimentary toiletries as well. The buffet breakfast had a medium amount of options and very good 'filter coffee' - which is difficult to find sometimes in Turkey. The thing that impressed me the most about The Met was the very accommodating level of service. We had to catch an early flight and needed to check out by 5:00 am, so I requested a little snack to take with us since the breakfast buffet wouldn't be open yet. Well, the front desk staff insisted they would have breakfast ready for us by 4:20. When we came down before dawn they had a cold breakfast plate, fresh juice, and hot freshly brewed coffee ready for us as promised! They had also remembered to call us a taxi, which was waiting for us 7 minutes before our requested departure. I highly recommend this lovely little hotel to anyone staying in Izmir and I hope to enjoy another stay there soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mona-isabella
Reviewed 17 December 2014

We spent two nights here, on our way in and out of this part of Turkey. The area of the hotel is a bit ugly at night, but very lively during the day. Relatively close to main tourist attractions (clock tower, water front), i.e. 15 minutes walk. Comfortable rooms, very friendly staff! A bit noisy, but not too much

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2014

Excellent hotel, around 5 mins walk from the waterfront. Room was excellent, very well furnished, altho' the air-con was difficult to control. Luckily we were there in November so did not make much difference. very good buffet breakfast, lots of fresh food to choose from. Walking distance of the station. We swapped a room at the front for one at the back, and were glad we did. Izmir is not the loveliest place on earth, we stayed for 4 days to incorporate a trip to Ephesus and enjoyed it,, even though it was out of season. The bazaar is very good, and the fish restaurants in the harbor area also very good. Doubt we would go back to Izmir, but would happily stay here again..

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple