Best Western Plus Hotel Konak
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Hotel Iz(Izmir)
View Hotel
All reviewssea viewnight lifecomfortable hotelclean roomsstay there againcentral locationminibar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 December 2016

Best Western PLUS Konak hotel in IZMIR, Dec. 6-12, 2016

Price : Value for money
Location : In general is in a good location
-10 minutes walk from the Old City SOUK
-Cross the road from the Marina and Pier Mall
-About 20 minutes walk from the main city district (Restaurants & Night life) Alsancak
-But is faraway from the exhibitions/ Conferences city hall (Aprox 25 minutes = 50.00 tr each way)

Room 510
-Was a very good room, good amenities, specious and clean with a sea-view...
-The Door Magnetic Card reader might have a problem !! ....
- Banio is a bit high and slippery...

Breakfast
-Good breakfast

Room Tip: As per others in the team some rooms were very small
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2016

The location is excellent and the view to the bay is beautiful. Reasonable price. Good food and nice waiters at the restaurant. Breakfast ok. The street below is very busy and noisy, but I still slept with the window open because of the smell (cigarette) and the heat.
The bathroom was otherwise ok and clean, but the bathtub (some kind of jaguzzi) wasn't, so I just took showers instead of bathing.
When I went out for a walk and lunch and then came back to the room, I noticed that the blanket had been moved from the bed on the chair, so someone had been in my room while I was away. The room hadn't been cleaned. The next day when I was on my way to the airport, I got a phone call from the hotel and the person calling claimed that I hadn't paid for the use of Pay-TV. She said that the card (?) was found in the TV after I had left. I didn't even open the TV during my stay! I had to convince her several times before she finally hung up the phone. Then after the call I remembered the obsrvation day before that somebody had been in the room. I called back to the hotel and explained this. She said finally that "we will have to talk to our personnel again about this", which made me think that this was possibly not the first time (someone from) the personnel uses the Pay TV. My stay would have been otherwise ok (except the smelly room), but this last episode made me decide that I will never book a room from this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kaupunkiarviot
bwhotelkonak, Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Konak, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Dear Ms. Irmeli Anita Pelkonen ,
On behalf of our entire team , I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western Plus Hotel Konak we strive every day to provide superior customer service. We would like to inform you that your room was entered only for the purpose of cleaning whichnwe saw on the video records after you mentioned. And also I would like you to know that every single information you give is valuable for us and we are doing our best to set the things right. Additionally we thank you for providing us feedback.
Didem DİRİK
Otel Müdürü

Reviewed 28 January 2016

Only stayed for one night in Winter but a nice cosy and well furnished hotel which I prefer to the usual 5-star versions.
Evening meal in-house for our Group was excellent and there is a nice sea view of the Bay bar the terrible smell of sewage that once tainted your visits to this area.

Room Tip: A room facing the Sea is preferable
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2015

I stayed here for one night whilst on a business trip to Izmir. Quite a ride from the airport but on the seafront. Average. Tidy, clean, polite staff. Restaurant was pleasant, supper was tasty and breakfast was good.
I found the hotel rooms rather noisy as there is a busy main road on the front of the hotel and a busy noisy road to the rear. Quite fortunately I was so tired I slept through it all, I was exhausted. If I had been a light sleeper I would have had problems. Twin rooms, ok I was on my own. Front desk staff caused upset telling my business colleague that I was not staying in the hotel when I was sat in the lobby waiting for him! It was not a language problem as my colleague is Turkish.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2014

I got a decent room with a view of the sea, which was good despite the bad weather during my stay. Hotel staff were all very helpful and I enjoyed my stay very much, expect the smell of the bathroom (from the drain, which was a lot reduced after I reported and asked for extra cleaning) and the noise on Saturday night from the salon on top of the building.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business