US$379
US$358
US$141
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

US$264
US$173
Cancelon
  • Pool
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$266/night.

D Maris Bay(Hisaronu)
US$655
US$611
Hotels.com
Club Aida(Marmaris)(Great Value!)
US$543
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 October 2014

We stayed at Intermar hotel from 5th of September until 16th of September 2014.

I picked this hotel because of it's good location and a fair price. It was located on the main road, 2 minutes away from the beach and about 20 minutes away from the city center. We had a supermarket across the street, pharmacy, shopping mall down the street and a nice pick of the food places.

Hotel itself look okay when viewed from the street and even the lobby looked quite nice. However, the exterior of the hotel and the lobby are not really that important. What was important was the service, room, hygiene and food. Unfortunately, this hotel has failed at each of these four things.

Room was fairly small, furniture is old and somewhat broken, beds are just mattresses that were put on a wooden box. Bathroom was also small and dark since the lights were not strong enough. Blow dryer burned as soon as I turned it on, so I had to put out a small fire inside it by blowing in it. We didn't use it anymore until the end of stay. Door does not have a lock in it, but you just pull the door when you get out and it's automatically closed since it only has a doorknob which can't be opened without a key. Door itself was very flimsy and if I ran into it a bit harder, it would break open. So, it's a security risk. Fortunately, we didn't have any problems, but still...

Service was not satisfactory. Receptionist gave us a room with wireless internet because I asked if there is a possibility, but everything else was flawed. When I asked about the flimsy door, receptionist told me that he can give us another room, but that every room had that kind of door. He also said it's not a security risk and that if I want, I can put my valuables in the hotel safe, which of course, they would charge me additionally. So, yes, I can put my money in the safe, but what about my notebook and other stuff which cannot fit in the safe? I didn't get an answer. We got only one big towel and one towel for our feet, so no towels for face or hands. I asked several times for additional towels for our room and got it after I asked for it the third time. When we ran out of toilet paper, I asked for it, didn't get it, then asked again and got a half roll from a receptionist, then, finally, after third time, we got additional toilet paper.

Hygiene was very poor. We waited until 1 pm to enter the room and once we did, we found dirty pillow sheets, dirty bed sheets, as if someone was walking over it. The toilet seat was covered in yellow liquid, which I can assume is urine from guests before us. This leads us to believe that the room was not cleaned at all before we entered it. Once I complained, they changed the pillow sheets and cleaned the toilet. There was dust all over the furniture, so we didn't take our stuff out of the suitcase. Air conditioner was not cleaned in ages, if ever. I can only imagine the bacteria and dust that get out once you turn it on. Above shower, there was a gap in the ceiling and there was water dripping directly on us when we were taking a shower if the room above ours was using the shower too, so there was a leak in the pipes. During our eleven day stay at this hotel, after several complaints, our room was cleaned only twice, first time on the first day, when they cleaned the toilet and second time on our ninth day when day cleaned the floors in entire room. We got new bed sheets only once, on our eight day there and also new towels the same day. Every time we got a new sheet, it was not all dry, which makes us to believe that they don't have enough bed and pillow sheets for all guest and just change it as soon as they wash it. This made a really bad first impression on us. It was our first time in Turkey and in Marmaris, and these issues were all we were thinking about.

Food was so-so. There was a couple of days where the food was okay, I guess, but there was also days that the offer was quite bad. It was mostly salads and some strange mixes of yogurt and vegetables. Meat is mostly chicken or lamb, because they don't eat pork. One of the days, menu had chicken legs and drumsticks, made on a barbecue, but it was so burned, that it was black on the outside and alive on the inside. It was not edible. We didn't have much choice of desert, mostly watermelon, grape, plums, apples and two or three days of pudding. Juice that was served was watered down most of the time. Plates and glasses were not cleaned very good and that goes for fruit too. Glasses are cleaned using only water and nothing else. Food was mostly not spiced, so it didn't have much taste. Service was not really satisfactory. Once we came down to dinner a bit late. Dinner was served until 9 pm, and we got there at 8:40. We ate and the waiter took our plates and glasses with him, after which we saw him pointing at his watch to another colleague. We couldn't think of this as anything other than that he was mad because we came down late to dinner.

All in all, very unsatisfied.

It's a shame that this hotel has this kind of issues, because it has a great location. If the owner and management could invest a bit in this hotel, it could be excellent, but there's just too many issues that they don't address in a timely manner. I might come back one day to Marmaris, but I will certainly avoid this hotel, even if it fixes all the issues.

At least the WiFi internet worked okay in our room...

Room Tip: Rooms that have a view at the pool are much more quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jovan V
Reviewed 30 September 2014 via mobile

Myself & my wife decided 2 drop in and have an English breakfast. Cost was 7lira each(£1.70ish)for one, and it consisted of 2toast 2eggs mushrooms beans, 1sausage and 1rasher of bacon. It was really tasty &plentifull. We even had free tea!!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TOTTENHAMWales
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Last thing to say first: Stay away from this hotel!! Even when you have to sleep on the street!

The furnitures in the rooms and in the hotel are ages old. Rooms are cleaned once every two days. Yet what they understand from cleaning is folding towels and making the bed. The food is dirty, not cooked enough and disgusting. The drinks are of worst quality. The water in pool is not cleaned, moreover it is circulated with a garden hose!! Yet, the quality of staff is perfectly in line with the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally miserable. They are all noisy and terribly maintained.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Cenk A
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Would love to review! After I booked the hotel, I was called to return back to the Anitour agency to cancel the booking because "single male booking" was prohibited!!! Well I dont know the reason for this hotel and would love to hear from the administrators of the hotel ???

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank trimaran21
Reviewed 24 September 2012

things have changed at the intermar since i stayed in august2011.pool area this year was a disgrace ,no water in childrens pool and green slime in the base also poolside showers not been in use for ages green slime in those bases also.the pool had leaves in it every day.last year the poolside was cleaned every evening on this visit it was not cleaned at all.cupboard in bathroom coming away from wall and the base full of water.the staff at the bar this year did not understand what you were trying to order.very dissapointed in the intermar this year and will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family