See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Arrived 7 in morning and was shown to room had 3 big beds in there no room to walk or move in there best thing was we have got a 6 month old baby,how can she sleep in a big bed took 2 days to get a cot rooms are so small.if u want a decent drink don't come here the barman never smiles and coke is warm and beer is terrible,lastly the most important part is the food I have never tasted or eaten such poor food I have travelled alot and never experienced such poor selection and choice plus the chef dishes your food up for you whilst checking all the females out at the same time,if you love chicken for lunch and dinner everyday then come here but if you enjoy your food don't come here plus breakfast there is no toaster and all there is really is eggs as other food is food the Europeans.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Amymariebell
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Me and my 2 friends went here for 2 weeks at the end of July into August. I've been to marmaris 4 years now and like to try different hotels but this has got to be the worst one I've ever been to. We went all inclusive thinking we wouldn't need to spend alot of money and we were so wrong!! We go there late afternoon which ment we could try out the dinner and see what it was like. I'm fussy with meats etc so when we went down I didn't want any of the chicken drum sticks as I didn't like the look of them, my 2 friends got them and ate them and within an hour they were both sick and I wasn't so we blamed the chicken they had ate. The only options you got for food was soup, chicken, pasta and veg. Not much of a choice which ment we ate our every night of our 2 week holiday!! The all inclusive drinks were horrible, only thing we really drank was the beer which was ok. The all inclusive drinks were from 11am - 11pm which meant anytime before or after it you had to pay which we weren't bothering about but any time we asked at the pool bar for water they never had any which meant we had to go to the local shop down the road. The rooms were ok, and clean enough only problem was they put us into a room for 2 people and moved another bed in which meant we had no room to move atall had to climb over the beds to get by each other. A suppose the saying is true you pay for what you get, but we paid nearly £800 each for that holiday and expected a little better than we got. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here complete waste of money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lauren I
Reviewed 15 August 2013

just had two weeks there, food dull and repetitive and only available at set times ,drinks weak and only served till 11 oclock if you want ice you have to buy your drink,there is no entertainment at all any time of day or night ,on the good side the rooms are cleaned daily ,the staff are friendly enough considering the hours they work. the hotel would be ok if you just want some where to sleep but not all inclusive

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paddy P
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed here in July 2005. It was clean & the staff were friendly, food was basic but edible, we stayed on a b&b basis.
There was never a problem getting a Sunbed of a morning and the other guests were also very friendly.
All in all a good hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MummyChipmunk
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Just back from a week at the Karen Hotel. The hotel itself is clean and in a good location, Only value for money if you like very plain\dry food and watered down drink. We found the staff to be very helpful, except what appears to be the bar manager, he was rude to my partner and his staff members. The main let down about this hotel is the food. All inclusive, this is not. The "chef" serves you your food and its one scoop of each. The choice of food is plain pasta, rice, home made chips and some form of indistinguishable meat (usually need to ask the chef what type of meat it is) there was a salad bar but it was not chilled no choice or bread or rolls. We had one or two breakfasts and lunches but never attempted dinner. There are some great restaurants nearby so we had a lot of meals in them. With speaking to another guest we found out that a staff member could have possibly took money from her purse and when confronted by the manager had not denied it. At times they ran out of vodka and beer there were no ice creams/ice lollies. the waiters tended to serve the other nationalities mainly Russians and we were just left to tent to ourselves. The music played by the pool all day was loud dance music.No entertainment and nothing for kids to do.

We took a few trips, the all inclusive boat trip and go-karting we booked them with Baris he can be found next to the Aloha Bar and this we could not fault. 2 amazing days. The Cuba bar about 3 buildings away from the hotel is excellent also great service and entertainment.

Apart from the hotel this holiday was great.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple