Bethany House
US$100
US$78
US$65
Jumia Travel
J. Residence Motel(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$48
Jumia Travel
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 March 2015 via mobile

Bethany's house has a wonderful garden, well kept, with different fruit trees, very peaceful! The apartments in the garden are well equiped and have a small veranda. When I was staying there, I did have loud music for three nights in a row, which was a bit of a shame - I'm not sure whether a new bar or something opened recently. Beds were ok-ish. A small light or lantern in front of the apartments would be reallynice, so that you're able to read a bit outside after sunset. All in all I had a nice stay!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Gemma B
Reviewed 4 March 2015

At $40USD per night for a single and $60 for a double room, I was expecting the Bethany House to have clean sheets, a mosquito net, and maybe hot showers. I did not know that we would have beautiful spacious rooms, including a kitchen with a gas stove, in a gated establishment with a huge variety of fruit trees (avocado, orange, fig, banana and sour soap). I am afraid that the Bethany House is terribly under-rated, even on its own website.

However, Theresa should be the main advertising point of this place. She is the manager of the Bethany House: a small Ugandan lady of undeterminable age with a sweet sing-song voice and thoroughly caring demeanor. She was so gracious, helpful, hospitable, and attentive to our every need. She taught us how to get around (a covered motor-trike called a “pick-pick” for a few thousand UG shillings was the way to go), helped us make phone calls, and suggested where to eat, shop, and go to church (with flawless directions for walking). I never felt that taking care of the guests of the Bethany House was just a job to Theresa. This was her house, and we were her guests.

While we were there, Theresa provided breakfast every morning of some toast, eggs, jams, fresh fruit and tea or coffee. It was quite simple, but always very satisfying. The place is rustic, beautiful, safe, well-kempt, and peaceful. You can just see Lake Victoria from over the fence and you are in walking distance to the Botanical Gardens, Wildlife Park, and town. We were the only guests for most of our 4-day stay (at the end of January). The only complaint that I have is that there was some loud music that could be heard coming from the beach resorts across the street at night, but this was only on weekends, and it stopped or was turned down at a semi-reasonable hour. If I went back to Entebbe, I would certainly want to stay at the Bethany House again -- I am sure you can hear the music from any of the hotels in the area.

There was no wifi at Bethany House during our visit, but there were places to get wifi in reasonable distance. The internet services in Entebbe were generally not stellar, but I imagine that as it improves, the Bethany House will be more likely to get it. If you are looking for a retreat, the lack of wifi can really be a good thing.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed a night in Bethany house as we wanted to see the Botanic Gardens in Entebbe before rushing into Kampala. It is set up as a retreat centre for Christian leaders which suited us fine.

The beds were comfortable with good mosquito nets. The showers were warm.

Breakfast is in the main house and is toast and fresh fruit.

The only slight comment I do have is that you have to carry your bags up to the house and then down into the garden rooms. We had a lot of items with us that we would give away during the trip so there was a lot to carry.

The house is around a 10 minute walk from the Botanic Gardens and has a lovely view over lake Victoria.

The owners were very relaxed about us leaving our bags while we explored the Gardens and for us to return and wait for our friend to take us to Kampala.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Bethany House is a welcomed oasis, a great place to start or end your visit to East Africa. Located just 10-15 min drive from the Entebbe airport and situated in walking distance of a fantastic zoo and botanical garden.

The guesthouse is lush with gardens and peaceful accommodations. And the staff are a delight!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I have stayed at Bethany House 8-10 times since 2010 and I highly recommend it for its cleanliness, lovely gardens, scrumptious breakfasts, view of Lake Victoria, and its invitation to rest, read, reflect and restore one's spirits. It's perfect for late-night arrivals or early departures from Entebbe Airport. Bethany is a guesthouse, not a hotel. You will receive personal hospitality and loving care, because Bethany exists to serve. Since I discovered Bethany House, I have never stayed anywhere else in Entebbe--it's the best.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business