Interlaken Inn(Lakeville)
The Litchfield Inn(Litchfield)
US$229
US$209
Travelocity
Red Carpet Inn(New Milford)
US$62
The Rocky River Inn(New Milford)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$84
Troutbeck(Amenia)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswrap around porchb bswashington roomgreat getawayown bathroomhudson valleyscreened in porchwonderful staysitting areaair conditioningcomfortable bedsunshine roomnew yorkhostswraparoundmanhattan
Reviewed 26 May 2015

The Hilltop was recommended to us by a family member. The rooms were comfortable and cozy and the breakfast was delicious. The neighborhood was peaceful and quiet. We weren't able to take advantage of the bike trails but plan to the next time we visit.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Sandy J, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2015

Thanks for the review Kristine! The rail trail is waiting for you!

Reviewed 21 April 2015 via mobile

Sandy, the owner, has a knack at making you feel at home in this well decorated b&b. The bedrooms are clean and very comfortable. Breakfast is made with farm fresh ingredients and served in the formal dining room. Sandy knows the area so if you are looking for any recommendations for meals or something to do just ask. We will definitely be returning.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Sandy J, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2015

Thanks for the review! I'm so glad you had a good time here and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 6 April 2015

I’ve stayed at the Hilltop House a few times over the last couple years. The most recent being just last week. I’ve been very happy with every stay. My son goes to school in the area and the Hilltop is always the first place I check when I need a place to stay. Sometimes I’ve travelled with my husband and sometimes alone. I always feel very comfortable and safe, which I especially appreciate when I’m travelling alone. Sandy is a warm and welcoming host. The rooms are pristine. The Wi-Fi works very well and the rooms have desks, which I’ve used both to work remotely. The breakfasts are a real treat, always something special and always delicious. My visits so far have been because I needed to be in the area, but it's such a beautiful B&B I really look forward to coming back just to enjoy the inn.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan G
Sandy J, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2015

Thank you for checking here first. I'm so happy that you enjoy your stays here and have taken time out of your day to write such a nice review! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 7 December 2014

We stayed there for only one night but I wish we could have stayed longer. It was quiet and peaceful. The room was lovely. The place has a lot of character and is spotlessly clean. Breakfast was delicious - especially the cinnamon toast. The wi-fi worked well and the water in the shower was instantaneously hot. I slept for hours. Loved the bowl of chocolates in the living room too!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Anne T
HilltopHouseAmenia, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2014

Thanks so much for the nice review! We're glad you found us and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I wanted to find an accommodation close to the Harlem Valley rail trail and thought there would be a number of them. This is, I think, the only one. Sandy, the owner, as others have mentioned, is a gracious host and a great cook, her scrambled eggs with gruyere cheese were delicious, as were the fruit salad, bacon and blueberry pancakes. The bathroom in our room was so clean I thought that we must be the first ones to use it! For those who care about about wifi reception, it is very fast. The bed was super comfortable, and the sheets, like the bathroom, were so clean and white they seemed as if they hadn't been used before. The countryside is silent at night. The large turn of the 20th century house sits on a hill with a commanding view of the countryside. We took a beautiful walk along a nearby road to a horse farm and couldn't believe we were only 2 hours ( by train) from NYC. Simply gorgeous. The house is no more than 20 minutes from the Wassaic train station by bike (well, add some time for the hike up the hill ) and about an hour from Millerton on the rail trail (again by bike). I think it would also be possible to bike to Sharon and Lakeville CT from the B&B. Oh, and the wrap around porch. It is distinctive, large and very comfortable. I am looking forward to going back and exploring the other roads around the B&B.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewYorkNYTraveler
HilltopHouseAmenia, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to post such a great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at Hilltop House and I look forward to your return!