“Wonderful stay”

Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Amenia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2017

I could not find a good lodging option in Rhinebeck for the weekend and so glad I was recommended this wonderful B&B. Sandy was so very welcoming and sincere; she made sure I felt comfortable like home. Knowing that I’m a vegetarian she discussed food options with me right away and prepared two delicious breakfasts during my stay, including her own granola.
I stayed in Washington room. The cleanliness of the room was superb. I loved how it felt and enjoyed the fresh air and view of the trees outside the window. The flowers around the B&B were beautiful and well taken care of. I sat on the patio one of the nights- it was very peaceful, quiet and relaxing.
The area around the inn is simply beautiful. I’ll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Sandy J, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Thank you for the nice review! I'm so glad you had time to enjoy the porch during your stay here! Come back soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2017

After a tasty breakfast featuring Sandy's ham & cheese toast, we plopped into a comfortable wicker sofa on the wide, welcoming porch and contemplated the peaceful village surroundings. I had vowed to actually read some of my book, because the rain lent such a sit-a-spell feeling, but needless to say we were off exploring within 15 minutes. What a great experience it is to stay here -- the combination of cheerful, attentive host, quiet village setting, and atmospheric interior is pitched just right for us. One reviewer noted that the bathrooms looked new; we have been here several times over the last three years and they look that way each time!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Sandy J, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Thank you Kyle! I always enjoy your visits and I'm so glad that you two were able to enjoy our amazing porch this time around!

Reviewed 28 May 2017

We took my mom back to Amenia for her 90th birthday. There are 5 rooms available and our family took all 5. There was a wonderful porch where we spent a lot of time laughing and telling stories. Beautiful inside sitting area as well. The house is so beautiful. Sandy is an amazing proprietor and her breakfasts were wonderful. I think I gained 5 pounds. We definitely will be back.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Sandy J, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Thank you so much! We look forward to all of you returning!

Reviewed 28 November 2016

We stayed at Hilltop house on the weekend after Thanksgiving 2016. The room was very clean and comfortable. The linens were great and our nights sleep was quiet and uninterrupted. Breakfast was delicious. Sandy was a great host and we would recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
HilltopHouseAmenia, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Thank you for the review Marco! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and your charger is on it's way :)

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

The Hilltop House is a beautiful corner property. The first floor has gorgeous rustic wood paneling and stone fireplaces. Our Cottage Room was beautiful. The sheets felt like silk. The towels so soft to the touch. Sandy was a very pleasant owner/inn keeper. She prepared a delicious breakfast that we thoroughly enjoyed. If we return to visit the area we will stay at the Hilltop House.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
HilltopHouseAmenia, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Thanks so much for the great review Phyllis! Hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Amenia
18.9 km away
30.3 km away
The Rocky River Inn
The Rocky River Inn
#2 of 3 in New Milford

Been to Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!