Troutbeck(Amenia)
All reviewswrap around porchb bswashington roomgreat getawayhudson valleyown bathroomscreened in porchwonderful staysitting areaair conditioningcomfortable bedsunshine roomnew yorkhostsmanhattan
Reviewed 3 September 2017

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hilltop House Bed and Breakfast for our wedding anniversary. We were looking for a relaxing and quiet getaway from our home in NYC. A quick 2 hour scenic train ride, and we were in one of the most serene upstate towns we have ever visited. The house is huge and absolutely gorgeous with lots of cozy places to relax; we loved lounging on the wrap around porch! Sandy, the owner, was so lovely and down to earth. She was a wonderful hostess and prepared us two delicious breakfasts (the homemade scones were everything!). Sandy made us feel so comfortable, and even offered to drive us to and from our nearby dinner reservation. Included in our stay was also access to bicycles, which we used to ride into the nearby town of Millerton via the rail trail for a fun daytime activity. All in all, I would definitely recommend the Hilltop B & B to all of my family and friends!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Sandy J, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you Alison!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Hilltop B&B with our 6 year old son for 1 night. It was a great getaway from Manhattan and we had very relaxing time. Sandy, our host was very nice. She gave us lots of good tips for the area. Breakfast was very nice too. Everything was local and taste really good! Sandy makes everything herself, blueberry muffins were amazing! We will definitely be back

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Sandy J, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you CC! Come back soon. I'll make more muffins! :)

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I could not find a good lodging option in Rhinebeck for the weekend and so glad I was recommended this wonderful B&B. Sandy was so very welcoming and sincere; she made sure I felt comfortable like home. Knowing that I’m a vegetarian she discussed food options with me right away and prepared two delicious breakfasts during my stay, including her own granola.
I stayed in Washington room. The cleanliness of the room was superb. I loved how it felt and enjoyed the fresh air and view of the trees outside the window. The flowers around the B&B were beautiful and well taken care of. I sat on the patio one of the nights- it was very peaceful, quiet and relaxing.
The area around the inn is simply beautiful. I’ll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Sandy J, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Thank you for the nice review! I'm so glad you had time to enjoy the porch during your stay here! Come back soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2017

After a tasty breakfast featuring Sandy's ham & cheese toast, we plopped into a comfortable wicker sofa on the wide, welcoming porch and contemplated the peaceful village surroundings. I had vowed to actually read some of my book, because the rain lent such a sit-a-spell feeling, but needless to say we were off exploring within 15 minutes. What a great experience it is to stay here -- the combination of cheerful, attentive host, quiet village setting, and atmospheric interior is pitched just right for us. One reviewer noted that the bathrooms looked new; we have been here several times over the last three years and they look that way each time!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Sandy J, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Thank you Kyle! I always enjoy your visits and I'm so glad that you two were able to enjoy our amazing porch this time around!

Reviewed 28 May 2017

We took my mom back to Amenia for her 90th birthday. There are 5 rooms available and our family took all 5. There was a wonderful porch where we spent a lot of time laughing and telling stories. Beautiful inside sitting area as well. The house is so beautiful. Sandy is an amazing proprietor and her breakfasts were wonderful. I think I gained 5 pounds. We definitely will be back.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Sandy J, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Thank you so much! We look forward to all of you returning!