“What an amazing experience!!!”

A Dong Silk Tailors
Ranked #23 of 451 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A Dong Silk is one of the leaders in custom tailoring, we provide the modern garments with high quality and 24 hours turnaround. A Dong Silk achieves this philosophy by bringing together Hoi An's most skilled tailors, working together to build the best living and working environments, creating quality products, and providing customers with lasting impressions and wonderful experiences. We treat our employees with respect and our customers with appreciation. You can find us on: Head office: 62 Tran Hung Dao - Hoian - Vietnam Branch 1: 91 Tran Hung Dao - Hoian - Vietnam Branch 2: 40 Le Loi - Hoian - Vietnam
Reviewed 13 November 2017

While visiting Hoi An i was being persuaded by my friend to do a custom made dress -
"It's like going to the Vatican and not seeing the Pope, she kept saying! He have to!!" In a normal scenario i wouldn't be in need of any persuasion - shopping is always a good idea!, but by this time i was accumulating lot´s of frustration while trying to communicate in English, with the masseuse therapists, for instance!! And i kept replying that instead of a dress i was probably going to leave the store with a Karate suit!!! That´s how much faith i had in it!! But i let myself go - only 1 dress i kept saying, and that´s it, cause my friend wouldn't go by herself!! we scanned the area and ended up picking Dong Silk Tailors, the fabrics looked nice here!! We were greeted and started to browse the fabrics available! I was approached by Dong which turned out to be an amazing taylor! Remember i only wanted a dress? She understood all the detailing, all the nuances of the cuts i wanted and by the time she took my measures i understood she was a professional!! I ended up with a Jumpsuit, a Kimono, a wool coat with velvet detailing, a wool pants with satin detailing, and two silk shirts to go with!! My husband bought 3 shorts, same style, different colors!! And all this made literally overnight!! We were so happy and have a really great trip story to tell, right?!! Thanks Dong for all your kind help and wisdom!!

ADongSilkTailoring, Manager at A Dong Silk Tailors, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Ivone,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.
We know you did not have a lot of time staying in Hoi An, but you shared that time with us.
We enjoyed working with all of you and hope we can continue to have more opportunities to work together.
Thank to your encouraged comment, we continue to improve our skill to enhance our service.
If you need any assistance or want to order online, please keep in touch with us via email.
Good luck to both of you!

Best regards,
A Dong Silk

Write a ReviewReviews (3,999)
All reviews
in 60 reviews
"tailor made"
in 61 reviews

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

The goal of our Hoi An Tailor visit was to Buy a Wedding suit for my fiance. We therefore had a look at the well known addresses such as Yaly, bebe, Kimmy and a dong Silk. Whereof the latter had the nicest fabrics in our opinion. We showed Bui a Picture of a morning suit in a Magazine and some Pictures from the Internet and she immediately understood what we Wanted. Also her recommendations during the Fittings (4 in total) were great, so that my fiance received a brilliant Wedding suit (which is in fact a 3 piece morning dress). The Price is unbeatable compared to Europeen alternatives but compared to other Hoi An Tailors it was slightly more expensive. However the nice fabrics and the great Service are more than worth it. Bui even came to the Shop on her free day to do the final Fittings!
Thanks a lot we are very Happy with the result.

Dear Sandy H,

We are grateful to see your faithful recommendation on our page. This will help to persuade others come to spend helpful experiences with us.
We should pay attention carefully on his wedding outfit, because it was for your special days. We could not did a great job without your cooperation.
We enjoyed working with you and hope we can continue to have more chances to see you again.
Please take note that both your measurements are saved on files for online ordering.
If you need any assistance, please keep in touch with us.
Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Myself and 2 friends visited A Dong Silk during our recent visit to Hoi An. We each got a variety of suits, shirts, and coats made and were delighted with the finished products. Great quality and brilliant customer service. Special thanks to my tailor Diem. She is very helpful and did a fantastic job. I highly recommend A Dong Silk.

Dear Nicola D,

Thank you for your recommendation A Dong Silk on this trip advisor page.
We're so happy to hear that you had very good experience with our staff - Diem and you were very happy with our products and our customer service as well.
Please take note that your measurement is saved in our database for online ordering.
We also please to welcome you back in the future.
If you do come or any interested future customers want to come to our shop please contact us directly at this number (+84) 235 3910 579 or email info@adongsilk.com so that we can arrange free pick up at any hotel in Hoi An.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I wear suits every day and in Hoi An it is easy to be confused by all the tailors, however, these guys are the real deal. Moon was my assistant and she was very patient during the fittings to make sure I was happy with everything.
You will pay a little more than elsewhere because you get what you pay for.

Dear Rexrusling,

Thank you for your recommendation A Dong Silk on this trip advisor page.

It was our pleasure to have made the suit for you as you have been very patient and understanding with us.

We also please to welcome you back in the future.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I was on a three week holiday in Vietnam along with two friends and as we were in a group they give us a discount which was generous. We got two suits and two shirts each. Special mention for Ngoc who was my tailor who was very helpful and always very happy to deal with any request. The shop organised to send the suits home via airmail and this was done with no fuss. I got one suit which was a cashmere cotton blend, it is the nicest material I have ever worn in a suit. I am considering ordering another one which the tailors are happy to do as they keep your measurements on file.

1  Thank Conor L

Dear Conor L,

Thank you for your excellent review on Tripavisor. Your review is highly appreciated.
We very happy to receive your satisfaction of our product quality and staff - Ngoc.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our shop.