“Many thanks to Linh and Diem for 5 Star Secret Service. 10/10 would buy again.”

A Dong Silk Tailors
Ranked #3 of 423 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A Dong Silk is one of the leaders in custom tailoring, we provide the modern garments with high quality and 24 hours turnaround. A Dong Silk achieves this philosophy by bringing together Hoi An's most skilled tailors, working together to build the best living and working environments, creating quality products, and providing customers with lasting impressions and wonderful experiences. We treat our employees with respect and our customers with appreciation. You can find us on: Head office: 62 Tran Hung Dao - Hoian - Vietnam Branch 1: 91 Tran Hung Dao - Hoian - Vietnam Branch 2: 40 Le Loi - Hoian - Vietnam
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

A review of A Dong Silk For your eyes only

So as any self respecting Englishman knows a trip to Hoi An should mean a trip to the tailors. With the Spectre of a new job looming large I thought I could use a new suit in order to make a good first impression.

My research told me two things:
1. A Dong Silk is the best place
2. It's best to bring pictures of a suit you like so that the seamstresses can replicate the style.

So I printed off a picture of Daniel Craig and took my girlfriend to the shop. You can imagine my surprise therefore when we were greeted with :

"Wah, Misser James Bond, you must come inside! We make you nice suit"

"Missi money penny ah!"

A Dong Silk know their market.

I was originally only going to get two piece, however with the encouragement from the very helpful staff and an impressed girlfriend I was shaken into buying a waistcoat.

"Never say never again" my girlfriend said - strictly in reference to waistcoats. I obliged.

During the first fitting, Diem (very helpful consultant) noticed the trousers were a bit tight during my test lunges and told me to get them loosened around the thigh. She clearly has a Goldeneye for these things. This is important for me as I need a lot of give in order to get into my Aston Martin.

During the second fitting nothing was required. The suit fitted perfectly already.

Overall:
2 white shirts
2 trousers (lots of give to get into low cars)
1 jacket
1 waistcoat
0 vodka martinis

$350 USD.

Many thanks to Linh and Diem for 5 Star Secret Service. 10/10 would buy again.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,346)

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I was helped out by Dong, who was really helpfull and nice. She helped me find just the fabric and color I wanted. She told her honest meaning about my suggestions.
Very professionel and kind service! I had a great exsperience!

ADongSilkTailoring, Staffs and managers at A Dong Silk Tailors, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Johannes,

Thank you for your recommendation A Dong Silk on this trip advisor page.
We are so glad in making your tailoring experience was comfortable with awesome clothes and our staff - Dong.
We hope that you will receive many good compliments from your friends when being back home.
Thank you very much.
If you do come or any interested friend want to come to our shop please contact us directly at this number (+84) 235 3910 579 or email info@adongsilk.com so that we can arrange free pick up at any hotel in Hoi An.

Best regards,
A Dong Silk

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

This was our first venture into tailoring so we were slightly apprehensive about the process and what to expect at the end. We also checked out Kimmi's next door, but chose ADong due to what we felt was a more personalised service and a better store experience. We got a harder sell in Kimmi's and felt under time pressure to choose designs from iPads in quite a crowded shop - whereas in A Dong it was a much more leisurely and personal experience. As you go back a few times for fittings you will end up spending quite a lot of your time in Hoi An in the store and with the sales assistant you choose - so it pays off to get it right. Our assistant Phuong could not have been better. She was very patient with us and never put us under pressure to make decisions or buy more. She also has brilliant taste and advised us on styles, fabrics, fit etc - and got it right every time. We really enjoyed spending time with her, and feel that she really made our experience at A Dong and in Hoi An - it wouldn't have been the same with someone else, and I don't think our friends had the same experience with other assistants. As for the results - absolutely beautiful, quality tailoring, made completely to our specification. Just ask for Phoung, put yourself in her hands and enjoy!

ADongSilkTailoring, Manager at A Dong Silk Tailors, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Sarah b,

Thank you very much for your excellent review.
It was our pleasure to have made the clothes for you as you have been very patient and understanding with us.
We're so happy to hear that you had very good experience with our staff - Phuong and you were very happy with our products and our customer service as well.
I spoke to Phuong and she also had a pleasant time to work with you too.
Please take note that your measurement is saved in our database for online ordering.
We also please to welcome you back in the future.

Best regards
A Dong Silk

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

It was a great experience to get my first tailor made blouses! Dao was very nice and made my stay enjoyable. The blouses fit perfect and have good quality! Thanks a lot!

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

This shop was great as the clothing was good quality. My fitting consultant Li was helpful in choosing designs and with my multiple fittings to make sure everything fit how I wanted it to. She was professional and the clothes look great!