“Enjoyable day with Local Buddy Tours!”
Review of Local Buddy Tours

Local Buddy Tours
Ranked #1 of 170 Outdoor Activities in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: First of all, we would like to welcome you to our beautiful country. As your Local Buddies, we really want to make your visit to Vietnam a memorable journey full of adventures, joys and give you opportunities to take photos to share with your family and friends. Local Buddy Tours is a professional travel company located in Hoi An, central Vietnam, established in early 2017. We specialize in organizing PRIVATE TOURS to all historical sites and landmarks in this region. The three of us are close friends who live in Hoi An ancient town. Prior to us starting our own business, we all worked at well-known tour companies and gained valuable experiences. We are qualified, young, energetic guides with excellent English skills. What makes us stick together is our quest for perfection and our enthusiasm, devotion and commitment to consistently providing excellent customer service. Travel with Local Buddy Tours to explore heritage sites, beautiful landscape and the people of central Vietnam.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Ben’s services were recommended to us by our friends who had been very happy with his tours. Ben tailor made us a day tour in the Da Nang area according to our wishes. Together with him and his chauffeur we drove in a comfortable air conditioned car to various scenic spots, an oyster farm, Monkey mountain and the statue of Lady Buddha. We enjoyed a delicious sea food lunch at a local restaurant and ended our tour at Da Nang airport in time for our flight. Ben is knowledgeable, flexible, sociable and talks perfect English. We warmly recommend his tour guide services to both small and bigger groups.

All reviews
"imperial city"
in 3 reviews
"tour business"
in 2 reviews
"a nice air conditioned car"
"cheesy jokes"
"local noodle"
"great sights"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We had the best day with Tu and Lilly Flower going to the My Son Sanctuary riding pillion on motorbikes.
We were collected from our hotel and headed straight into the countryside.
It was a private tour so we could stop for photos etc when it suited.
Tu took us to a local market enroute to My Son where we got to try some local produce and see how local people shop.
The My Local Buddy tour enabled us to see things off the beaten track that we wouldn’t necessarily come across independently.
We had the most delicious lunch stop for chicken noodles.
My Son was fabulous and Tu was able to share his super knowledge with us.
If we weren’t leaving Hoi An today we would arrange another tour with the team for tomorrow.
Local knowledge, local business makes for an authentic experience off the usual tourist track!
Thank you for a fabulous time!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I was recently in Hoi An with a group of 20 friends and family and we used Local Buddy Tours to show us around. One of the days we did a walking tour with lunch and one of the days we did a bike tour and lunch. It was a great time. Local Buddy tours has local people like Ben who has grown up in the area and know the local people so we had access to private houses and craft people to see how they lived and did their crafts. We helped make rice paper, toured a family run rice wine factory and visited a 98 year old women and her daughter-in-law that makes rugs with a handmade loom. I highly recommend Local Buddy!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Me and my wife have just had a half day tour to My Son with Tu and Kute and it was fantastic. We were picked up at our hotel at 6 AM which we requested so we could beat the crowds and heat at My Son. This proved to be a really good idea as by the time we were finishing our tour of My Son, several coach loads were arriving; we pretty much had the place to ourselves.

Tu and Kute were excellent guides, giving us a good amount of information about all the places we visited on the tour and providing lots of laughs along the way. We also stopped in a very local eatery for lunch and a beer which was awesome.

I would highly recommend this tour company, and the two guides Tu and Kute especially.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went on the Countryside Experience Tour by Motorbike with our awesome local guides Tu and Duc. It was a private tour so just us two and the two guides which was great as you could tailor tour to what you wanted, stop for photos, go to the toilet etc and not have any annoying people you are forced to put up with.

My gf was very nervous about going on a motorbike but they assured us they would drive safe and they did.

After being picked up from our hotel we went out to the countryside which didn't take long at all. We visited various local crafts, rice fields and points of interest such as weaving, lantern making, riding a basket boat and water buffalo. We also stopped for photos at scenic/interesting points like a local food market, bamboo bridge and a fishing port. We really enjoyed all the places we visited and the people we got to meet. It was fun, interesting and you got to feel as though you understood a lot more about rural Vietnam by the end of it which is what we were looking for.

Tu spoke really good English, knew his stuff and was very funny and friendly whilst also being professional.

It was good to see that some of the money we paid was going back to the rural locals who we visited.

The highlight for me was just cruising around the countryside on small back lanes through villages, farms and rice fields with mainly no other tourists apart from the odd one or two once we got to the points of interest. It felt like you got a glimpse into the "real" Vietnam. You would never have been able to navigate the small lanes we went to without a guide who knew them inside out. And a motorbike was infinitely better than a cycle tour because you could see so much more in the same time.

We finished on a superb meal in a stunning setting on a vegetable farm. I did not expect the meal to be so good or large. It was one of the best meals I've had in Vietnam and nice to know many of the ingredients were from the same farm we were at.

Overall, I highly recommend the Countryside Experience by Motorbike and in particular Tu and Duc who were absolute legends!