“High quality, Fast friendly service.”

Friendly Leather Bags
Ranked #18 of 415 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Friendly bags is the only one bags shop in Hoi An. We are able to make travel bags, handbags, bags for laptop or iPad and wallets to measure. In less than one day, you can receive your bags after had chosen your design and the fabric.Behind our shop, you can visit the small factory and discover how we are making your bags.
Reviewed 23 September 2017

I order a custom leather camera bag and I was really impressed with the speed of service (a little over a day?!) and the quality of the bag. I reviewed quite a few leather shops in the area before settling on FLB. The price of the bag was higher than the majority of the shops, but less than the most expensive ones. Quality-wise I found their hardware/zippers to be much better. The leather selection was very good, and I was able to get the exact shade of tan/brown I was looking for. My custom bag was very specific and I felt there were able to get it 90% identical to what I designed. They were very upfront about what they could and could not do and found reasonable workarounds. For example I wanted a padded, customization interior for my camera equipment but they said they couldn't do velcro or the material I wanted. They offered to do another stiff velour type material instead, which was much better. Because it was textured, velcro wasn't even needed...they slide in and hold well, and are better than scratchy velcro. The strong YKK zipper is noticeably better than the competition and the leather itself is very nice. They included all the compartments and zippers I was looking for, and more! The D-links and clasps are good quality, and the hook swivels to correct any twise in the strap. They weren't able to do a luggage tag, but gave me a strip of leather to attach my own to. The plastic tubing that gives shape to the handles pops out a bit, but that is a minor issue and doesn't affect the function. I'll try to trim it. The only area of concern is the leather bit on the sides that holds on to the d-link that the handle hooks on to. I think the leather here should have been thicker or doubled up like the strap itself - it looks like a weak link in the bag, but it is holding up so far with a fair amount of weight. They offered to fix it, but I already left the country. They were very responsive and offered to help out if anything were to happen within a year. Overall I am very impressed...the bag looks fantastic, is completely customized to my design and was completed extremely quickly. The women helping out were friendly and knowledgeable. I could tell they prided themselves on their quality and would stand behind their product. I would be happy to order from them again - even from across the globe!

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Had a leather briefcase made for my 15" Macbook Pro with specific details that I wanted. They did not disappoint. I'm very happy with my new bag! They quoted me $120. Worth every penny.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

There are many leather shops around Hoi An. I stopped counting at 12. However, of the few I visited there were notable differences in (pre-purchase) experience and reviews.

I wanted two bags and a coin pouch, one bag of which would be custom. I had pictures and a general color idea. Friendly was able to tell me what they could do and couldn't do based on my pictures - very up-front. They also took the time to explain the differences in quality and the process that sets them apart. Including a one-year warranty and no-like, no-pay policy. We worked through the details and settled on a fair price for the 3 items. Note that while it may be more expensive than the 11 other shops, the level of quality and workmanship is higher. Also, the pre-purchase experience is excellent. Not pushy at all, value your needs, and take the time to explain the process.

I received the 3 items a day later and they were perfect! Just as the pictures I had provided (for what they could do), and the workmanship was excellent. If I had been in town longer, I may have splurged on more!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We had 3 different styles of handbags made from photos, the staff are great at figuring to what we wanted and gave great advice. They go into a lot of detail and double check all the measurements, colour and stitching. When we picked up our bags they were exactly what we wanted and the quality is amazing. I had one alteration that they were more than happy to accommodate. After a lot if research we found this store and so happy we did. If you want a great handbag visit this place!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend wanted a certain design for her custom bag which was turned down by several other tailors in Hoi An. But since she got her bag from Friendly, she can't stop smiling which says it all to me. As a man, I can't tell the difference between this unique, handmade bag and her (d*mn expensive) designer bags except the brand logos.