“Amazing memories”

Happy Harry Private Tours
Ranked #10 of 37 Food & Drink in Da Nang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Xin chao, I'm Harry, graduated at Danang University of Tourism Management. I've been working in tourism and as local guide for almost 5 years. I used to work for so many top and famous travel company in the region. I'm specialize in tailor trip to your interests, times and plans, especially for family. I grew up in the very rural areas and rustic villages. It’s my honor and authentic passion to show you our beautiful countryside, friendly people, peaceful atmosphere and sightseeing. We’ll discover our culture, secret of lives, Vietnamese spirituality living behind tourist hubs and cities. Join me to hop on the roads less traveled, escape and have fun. HarrywithLove
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

My daughter Kerryn and I spent the afternoon on a private tour with Harry on scooters. We were able to see real Vietnam and mix with the locals. Harry was very helpful and obliging. Highly recommend him.

All reviews
"guide"
in 3 reviews
"vietnam"

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

The lovely lady from my hostel recommended I do this tour. I now want EVERYONE to experience this!It was run by Harry, who is friends with the hostel lady. They created the tour themselves together to enable travellers to experience the real life of Hoi An people, away from the hoards of foreigners and mass tourism, outside the very aesthetically pleasing but false “Old Town” part of Hoi An. The tour takes you on the back of a motor bike (my motor bike lady was Ruby) over the river and into the poor area of Hoi An, and then further again into some small villages. We met various families along the way, who each have their own business of handcrafts, from rice wine, woven mats and boat building. The locals were so pleased and happy to meet us and show us their crafts, and were warmly welcoming despite knowing not a word of English. The tour ended with a beautiful vegetarian lunch at a secluded restaurant in Hoi An, with lots of good conversation and sharing of culture and language. Harry was a superb guide and very inspiring with his visions for eco tourism and living in the most holistic way possible. Ruby was just as lovely and both spoke very good English. I could not recommend this tour more! It was so rewarding, we learnt a lot, and was super enjoyable.

1  Thank Georgie T
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We booked a private tour with Happy Harry after recommendation from another traveling family. We didn’t think it would be possible to go on a scooter tour with two small children (3 years and 8 months) but Harry and Ruby made it work and we felt safe and taken care of the whole time. They are good and safe drivers. We visited different local sites and learnt more about the region and everyday life in Hoi An. Harry and Ruby is super friendly as well as professional. We liked the Hoi An countryside tour so much that we during the tour booked their Da Nang food tour - Delicious! and fun with the mix of food challenges and tasty food. Don’t spend your money on expensive, big and unpersonal tours (and often sponsored) book with Harry instead and you will have a memory for life. PS. Photos from the countryside tour in Hoi An.

1  Thank emelieidas
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We booked Harry trough Xin-Chao Tours and didnt know what will expect us.
Harry is, as the name says, a always happy tourguide with great knowledge about the countryside, old town, behavior and lifestyle of the people earlier and today.
Harry and Bich (English: Moon) show us the local, non touristical attractions and therefore the real beauty of Da Nang - thank you both for these unforgettable memories!!

We highly recommend the tours of Harry!

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Harry is a very positive and energetic young man. If you hire him, I truly believe you will not be disappointed. He will taylor your tour to your desires and interests. Whether you want all city or all country or a mixture of both. That can be in a small van, a car or on the back of a motorbike.
If you want to know a little bit more than please read on.

For me Harry was the perfect tour guide. He made things interesting, exciting, and packed with a whole lot of fun. Furthermore, we got off the beaten path and ventured Into the Heart of Vietnam.
If you hire him, you will see things that most tourist/travelers never get to see, including fishing from a small boat, visiting a small family rice factory, or having coffee in a delightful country coffee shop and visiting with the family.
Because I'm traveling by myself, we went on his motorbike. I was a bit apprehensive at first but soon really grew to enjoy the excitement of riding on the back of a bike in Vietnam.
One of the days we went to Marble Mountain, a very popular tourist stop. But there were no crowds. In fact there were very few people there at all. I believe this made the visit much more meaningful. That place is amazing!
As we were heading back to the bike it started to rain. It never occurred to me to ask Harry at the time, butI think Harry probably check the weather report and planned that day because he knew there wouldn't be very many people there. Anyway we bought a couple of disposable raincoats and headed back into Da Nang. This led to more fun and excitement on the back of a motorbike, except this time with the element of rain. I actually found the rain quite pleasing, and it cooled and freshen things up.
On the way back we stop for dinner in a quaint Vietnamese restaurant. The restaurant looked out onto the street through a wide-open entryway. There was something fascinating about having a meal and looking out at life on the streets of Da Nang.
Harry has taken me to many restaurants during our days together, and I have been introduced to so many new experiences, tastes and flavors.
He also possesses a fair amount of knowledge about Vietnam; e.g. history, culture, and of course the foods. Furthermore he explains things really well.
Harry's tours have been filled with so many rich and rewarding experience; experiences I shall never forget. For that I am extremely grateful.

George Hamilton