“Could NOT have been better”

Safpar Rafting Company
Ranked #1 of 43 Tours in Livingstone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Safpar have been rafting the Mighty Zambezi since 1988! The passion, experience and culture of our rafting team is second to none. Safpar has a 100% guide certification with the International Rafting Federation. All guides are fully trained professionals and hold valid advanced first aid certificates. Safpar offer both a Full Day and a Half-Day Rafting experience as well as epic overnight and multi-day trips. We say NO to expensive memories! Safpar are the only company on the Zambezi to provide a FREE photo and video package of your day on the mighty Zambezi! Considered one of the best stretches of commercially run river in the world, Batoka Gorge provides one of the most intense sensory thrills imaginable. Its 25 white-water rapids and striking scenery deep within the sheer black cliffs afford the adrenaline junkie a wild roller-coaster ride along a route carved over millennia by the Great Zambezi.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

This is truly a team of experts.

From the moment we arrived, we were treated with respect and a sense of humor! I was reluctant to take the rafting trip, my husband was not, but quickly we were on the same page once I was how skilled the whole Safpar team was

On the steep hike down into the Gorge, guide Emanuel stayed with me in the back and assured me the entire time that it isn’t a race, take my time hiking down. I have a fear of incline hiking/slipping and knowing he was here with and for me, put me at ease.

On the raft, guide Choonga made sure we understood everything that might happen before we began the adventure, and once we began he kept us from flipping over the entire time ;)

we had some laughs and so much fun on the mighty Zambezi. I recommend everyone go for it.

SafparExcellence, Rafting manager at Safpar Rafting Company, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hi Rhonda,
We are all very pleased to hear you enjoyed your rafting experience with Choongo and the crew, especially as you were apprehensive before the trip. We always try and instil confidence in our clients and adhere to internationally recognised safety procedures.
The hike in and out of the gorge is steep and can be challenging. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Regards Sven

in 11 reviews
"amazing adventure"
"white water"

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We were a bit nervous to go, but took the plunge.
Let me start by saying that the entire team could be summed up as experts, the term guides does not do their skill justice.

Commodore Boyd was heading up our hapless flotilla of rank amateurs, and he is a master of the river.

Yes, we did flip, and our pre adrenaline rush safety training was spot on. We were up and paddling again in no time. The water was surprisingly pleasant. Despite my crocodile paranoia, the stories are true, in that part there are none.

I know this is an unusually gushing review from me, but do it, you will return to you hotel beaming.

SafparExcellence, Rafting manager at Safpar Rafting Company, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi Roger,
Thank you for taking time to review your experience with Safpar, you are clearly an avid trip adviser reviewer and you opinions are much appreciated. Boyd has been rafting with Safpar for 20 years, I am very pleased to hear he manged to train your "hapless flotilla" up to a satisfactory standard and your team enjoyed the rafting trip, despite one flip.
We all hope to see you again for another adventure in the future.
Regards Sven

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Our guide-Boyd was awesome! We were lucky enough to be able to raft as they only recently opened for the season. Rapids were hectic but very cool and we will be back in the low season to do the full day rafting. Thanks to everyone!

Hi Victoria,
We are all very pleased that you enjoyed the rafting trip with Boyd and the Safpar crew. Boyd is a real character, he has been rafting with Safpar for 20 years and knows the river backwards. See you for low water.
Regards
sven

Reviewed 20 June 2018

WOW, what an awesome experience, can't wait to do it again.
The Safpar team are fully experienced, well organised and very pro. Thanks Scotty, Kay J and the team. Certainly one activity not to be missed.

Hi Fran,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with the Safpar, we are pleased you enjoyed your adventure the crew, most of the guys have all been rafting for 20 years.Hope to see you back for a low water rafting trip.
Regards