US$416
US$367
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$459/night.

US$184
US$130
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$200/night.

US$236
US$207
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

Hotakaso Yamano Hotel(Takayama)(Great Value!)
US$173
JAPANiCAN.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$245/night.

Takayama Ouan(Takayama)
US$202
US$107
Priceline
  • Spa
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

Best Western Hotel Takayama(Takayama)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$97
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Takayama Green Hotel(Takayama)
US$291
US$142
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$164/night.

US$59
US$55
Agoda.com
US$503
US$428
Hoshokaku(Takayama)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmagic trickshot sakemain buildingold manlocal river fishstaff speakbeefmountain vegetablesspoke englishtakayama train stationfireplaceshuttlewintersnowdinnerouthouseryokan
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I stayed one night here with a friend and we were so impressed by this place that we didn't want to leave. The property itself is a historical treasure, I could sit by the river all day. The room has a wall of glass that overlooks the river and no curtains necessary. The food is simply delicate and amazing. There's hot sake by the fireplace after dinner, I wish I could understand more Japanese to know what the old man was talking about (seems like explaining the architecture).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Effi X
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

In regards to the decor - this hotel represent historical Japanese tradition and I would give 5 stars.

Reception area is represented but fire pit in the middle . Very unusual but at the same time super interning experience .
However temperature in the reception area is about +9 С which is not very comfortable .

Rooms are also in tradition style . But again we've been there last days of April and it was very cold inside .

Things to improve on my opinion is service - I would I unfortunately give 3-4 starts .

Not enough personelle and only 1 girl spoke English which was sometimes making communication a bit challenging.

Therefore overall 4 stars.

Thank you!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Minskgirl81
Reviewed 4 March 2017

We're impressed by everything in this luxurious ryokan: from the 100+ years old farm house, to its rustic décor, panels, roof, layouts, open fire place (with its enormous teapot), in-house onsen, excellent service, in particular the meals which were sourced from local ingredients like mountain vegetables, Hida beef, local river fish, etc. and the thoughts and planning that went into each evening's menu. It was truly an amazing experience.

Room Tip: Best to check the ryokan's shuttle timetable before you book your train tickets.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lai L
Reviewed 20 February 2017

It is a beautiful setting, the river and snow. The room was calm and warm. There is charm without a doubt.

However in spite of the staff being pleasant and efficient, I found the experience to be rigid. Meal times are set in stone and eventually I got frustrated at being forced to eat at times the staff set and food over which I had no choice. I came to dread the phone ringing telling me to come and eat NOW! I understand that this is often the case in ryokan but this case seemed extreme.

Would I return? Maybe.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

It was raining and we drove to the ryokan. We parked our own vehicle and has to carry our own luggage in. The staffs have limited in speaking English. Room is spacious but is quite cold. The ryokan do pick up/send off from station.
We would like to give a thumb up for the Chef. We have so many surprises from the dishes prepared from the Chef. The meal was Creative. Thoughtful and tasty too. We gave a 10/10 for the food. It keep the traditional cooking technique but with Creative presentation and thoughts. If you are staying at this ryokan, you must try the dinner. I believe the Chef prepared and designed the dinner course with his heart. Yum!yum!yum!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family