“Great breakfast and friendly staff!”
Review of South 30 Diner

South 30 Diner
Ranked #18 of 78 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: American
Description: Phone number 518-842-9922
Description: Phone number 518-842-9922
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just moved to the area and have gone to this diner for breakfast twice. It's guaranteed that we'll continue our visits because the food is delicious, reasonably priced, and the staff is the friendliest around!

My boyfriend loves their homemade sausage gravy with biscuits. They're corned beef hash is awesome, and the staff are extremely accommodating. Definitely the place to go if you're looking for a casual place to eat, relax, and have a few laughs at this down-to earth diner.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I happened upon this diner a few years ago. I am fortunate to travel the country extensively by car. My experience has been that the best diners aren't usually pretty, but they have parking lots full of cars. This place met that criteria.
The fact that I return to any diner is an endorsement of the food and service.
I've been here only a handful of times, and I'm always felt welcome.
Keep doing what you do.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

To say the decor is simple is an understatement, but the place is clean the food is very good, and the staff is healpful and friendly, and just a short drive off the Thruway exit.. So if you need a place to stop for food when you are on the Thruway, this is a good place to stop for a meal

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped with family and friends. The place is small but cozy! The staff is the best! The food, amazing!

Reviewed 7 December 2016

We were passing through the area and were looking for someplace to stop for breakfast. We prefer mom and pop places and the reviews were all so complimentary, so we stopped. There were two women working, and they were both very attentive and pleasant. I ordered straight-ahead eggs, bacon, and toast, and thought my breakfast was very good. My husband ordered sausage gravy and couldn't even finish it, and he was sick later that day. Our son ordered pancakes and didn't eat them. We appreciate hominess and quirkiness, and the women working that day provided very good service, but we will not return and won't recommend this place.

Been to South 30 Diner? Share your experiences!